Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-27-2023, 05:17 PM

Default Thanks for the thoughts....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
Find your closest Conservative members and get them involved, also hit the next gun show Mar 4&5 Stoney Plain and have a chat with Teri Bryant(AbCFO) herself.
I work all weekend.......

Might try Blaine Calkins.....
Old 02-28-2023, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtiwana View Post
Thank you for the tip and thanks to all the other members who chimed in. I will try that number today. For others who were asking, I did apply online.

Will update everyone after my phone call.
UPDATE: I spoke to a very nice lady, who looked into my file and processed it right away. She said it will be sent for printing and I should get it within a week or so.
Old 03-01-2023, 09:42 PM

Applied online on feb 11, checked yesterday and it’s been processed and in the mail.
Old 03-02-2023, 12:37 PM

20 days, not too shabby

Application received on 2023-02-10
Current status
Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number (1-800-731-4000).

WDF
Old 03-03-2023, 04:34 PM

I submitted my application yesterday. Today there's a message saying they have completed the initial review of the application and if any additional information is needed, I will be contacted.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
Old 03-06-2023, 09:22 AM

Default Call in helped

After waiting since October 6 I took the advice here and called the 9026 ext.
Chatted with a very nice lady and she explained that the hold up was due to some issues with range membership ect. After confirming that I still wanted the privilege of taking my pistols to the range without an ATT each time she told me that my licence was again validated and woud be sent for printing this week.

almost a shock that I reached a government employee that helpful.
Old 03-09-2023, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Da Fisherman View Post
20 days, not too shabby

Application received on 2023-02-10
Current status
Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number (1-800-731-4000).

WDF
Came in the mail today, 27 days
WDF
Old 04-05-2023, 04:41 PM

Hey fellas sorry if this has already been asked.

Am I better to fill out the paper application and submit that or what about using the online application process?

Is one better than the other?
"Placed correctly Swift A-Frames will reliably kill big bears. So will North Forks, Nosler Partitions, Barnes TSX, Kodiaks, Woodleighs, GS soft points, Hornady Interbonds and Speer Grand Slams - and if I missed your favorite bullet -it probably will too.
It's time to go hunting and quit all this ballistic masturbation."

Phil Shoemaker
Old 04-05-2023, 04:47 PM

Online takes five minutes with a selfie that you can take with your phone. Used to be a lot faster turn around time (mine came back within a business week), but it appears it is no longer the case as reported in other threads (and possibly this one).
Old 04-05-2023, 06:31 PM

Definitely do it online.
Old 04-05-2023, 07:08 PM

K thnx guys!
"Placed correctly Swift A-Frames will reliably kill big bears. So will North Forks, Nosler Partitions, Barnes TSX, Kodiaks, Woodleighs, GS soft points, Hornady Interbonds and Speer Grand Slams - and if I missed your favorite bullet -it probably will too.

Phil Shoemaker
Old 04-05-2023, 07:29 PM

When renewing a RPAL online are people finding they are having to send in current range membership after the fact?
Old 04-05-2023, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cuz1 View Post
When renewing a RPAL online are people finding they are having to send in current range membership after the fact?
I don't believe I was asked for my range membership when I submitted my renewal. I'm not sure if it's actually necessary tho. Some restricted firearms are collector pieces and are not for target practice.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
Old 04-06-2023, 12:20 AM

I didn’t have any restricted firearms to my name when I renewed my RPAL. However, when I bought one before the “handgun freeze”, I indicated that I am a drop-in member at the local range. Not sure if it makes any difference when renewing the license.
Old 04-06-2023, 05:45 AM

My son upgraded from a pal to Rpal prior to the freeze. He bought a handgun and received it the day of the freeze. He didn’t have a range membership at the time he bought it and wasn’t asked.
Old 04-06-2023, 06:17 AM

I just went through the online application and have to say that it was easy to do.

Now we'll just see how long it takes to get processed.

Phil Shoemaker
Old 04-06-2023, 10:06 AM

Well I did the online application first time ,
Sent it on March. 31st , birthday was in Feb
Hopefully I got the pic right , took me quite a while to get onto the site
But I’m not very good on the internet , usually I send it registered mail,
Also sent in a copy of gun club to RCMP site
Now it’s is just a waiting game , too see how long it takes or if I did something wrong on the application
Hoping it works out ��
Old 04-06-2023, 10:10 AM

The system could be made much qicker and more efficent, so renewals could be much quicker and more predictable, but the government won't allow this to happen, because they want to discourage firearms ownership. As far as the government is concerned, firearms owners are the enemy, even morseo, that the gas/oil industry.
Old 04-06-2023, 01:34 PM

Default Pal

Got my ATC approved in 1 week. The RPAL took 5 months. All the PALs bounce 'Back and forth' between Mirimachi and Edmonton now that we have a provincial CFO and Fed system. However biggest problem is too many Fed workers still working from home in their pajamas.
Old 04-06-2023, 05:56 PM

Quote:
A call to your MLA and MP is a must, it’s amazing how fast things progress when some heat comes from the elected officials.
This.
Old 04-13-2023, 04:59 PM

Seems like the process of renewal is inconsistent.

I applied for renewal in March and got my new card in the mail today - 5 weeks roughly. Applied online.

I was quite pleasantly surprised.
Old 04-15-2023, 08:14 AM

Well I applied on March 31st , got email yesterday , they rejected my pic , now not sure what to do ,
Can I go back on the site and try another picture , or do I go to town and get one and send it in the mail?
I tried to access site and it won’t let me manage my application so I guess I’ll go get a pic taken in town and send it in the mail!

Last edited by colt45; 04-15-2023 at 08:37 AM.
Old 04-15-2023, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt45 View Post
Well I applied on March 31st , got email yesterday , they rejected my pic , now not sure what to do ,
Can I go back on the site and try another picture , or do I go to town and get one and send it in the mail?
I had the same thing happen as did Catnthehat, it’s a new game I’m afraid, and from what I read with the email was, you have to get a passport type photo and snail mail that in…..

I’ve still got better than 5 months time till my licence expires, but cat is a bit tighter, and says his second photo he sent was rejected as well, so he’s escalating things with a call to his MLA and the CFO happening on Monday.

There are no absolutes
Old 04-15-2023, 09:14 AM

Quote:
I had the same thing happen as did Catnthehat, it’s a new game I’m afraid, and from what I read with the email was, you have to get a passport type photo and snail mail that in…..

I’ve still got better than 5 months time till my licence expires, but cat is a bit tighter, and says his second photo he sent was rejected as well, so he’s escalating things with a call to his MLA and the CFO happening on Monday.
So if you have to send the picture by snail mail, is there any point even applying online? With the application and picture coming two ways, it's just another excuse for them to bungle things. I am thinking that I will apply by snail mail, the day after my birthday, so there is almost a full year to have it processed.
Old 04-15-2023, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So if you have to send the picture by snail mail, is there any point even applying online? With the application and picture coming two ways, it's just another excuse for them to bungle things. I am thinking that I will apply by snail mail, the day after my birthday, so there is almost a full year to have it processed.
I can’t answer since it’s flavour of the week club in Mirimachi it seems.

The best part is since I need my licence to instruct, it’s a business expense, so the photo from the registries office here, and the tracked with signature delivery to Mirimachi only costs me a fraction of my out lay, after taxes……

There are no absolutes
Old 04-15-2023, 09:31 AM

My wife renewed online two weeks ago yesterday. It has already been processed and mailed with a note saying if the new card has not arrived in the mail by April 18 to contact the CFC. I guess we'll see if it has arrived when we get home tomorrow for days off.
Old 04-15-2023, 09:31 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
I can’t answer since it’s flavour of the week club in Mirimachi it seems.

The best part is since I need my licence to instruct, it’s a business expense, so the photo from the registries office here, and the tracked with signature delivery to Mirimachi only costs me a fraction of my out lay, after taxes……
Just a note... Not always known, but if someone is an AMA member, they will do free photos in the proper format. I used them and mine was accepted no problem, mind you it was a year ago.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 04-15-2023, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
Just a note... Not always known, but if someone is an AMA member, they will do free photos in the proper format. I used them and mine was accepted no problem, mind you it was a year ago.
Ain’t no AMA out here, and who likes going to Redmonton or the other leftard cesspool……

What’s the price of gasoline too……..

It’s all but a game for those who are in power…. Make it as painful as possible, to make people give up their guns….

There are no absolutes
Old 04-15-2023, 09:46 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Ain’t no AMA out here, and who likes going to Redmonton or the other leftard cesspool……

It’s all but a game for those who are in power…. Make it as painful as possible, to make people give up their guns….
Oh I most certainly am on side with you... It was more just a small tidbit that came to mind from your post.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 04-15-2023, 09:52 AM

Quote:

Not quite right there. The official line will be it is all for safety (think of the children etc) and paying more for a licence and waiting forever to get it makes us all safer! If you CHOOSE not to renew your licence it is YOUR CHOICE. Similar to it was your choice to get the shot - there was no coercion there..... They found a line that works and they are sticking to it