Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-16-2003, 08:37 AM
Don Meredith

Default Don't Leave Home without Certificate!

The following article from the Saskatoon Star Phoenix (July 14, 2003) highlights what the Firearms Centre seems reluctant to explain to registrants -- that you need to carry your registration certificates with you wherever you take your guns. Also, only take those certificates that relate to the guns with which you're travelling.

Check out the article.

Don
Old 07-16-2003, 10:36 AM
Kodiak

Thanks Don, I thought the paper hunting licences/tags were bad but this is absolutely rediculous. I guess the stickers I made for my guns aren't good enough. >D Have to go back to the drawing board again.:smokin

Soon we'll need a brief case for all this crap. Hey, come to think of it, there's a million dollar idea.........A CAMO BREIFCASE !!!!!!!!!!!

Kod.
Old 07-16-2003, 07:01 PM
Cundilini

Default Certificates.

Do you think that would happen anywhere else than a port of entry? Those of us who've taveled know full well what CCRA people (and I use that word losely) are like. I'd love to see that happen somewhere other than a border crossing or port.

That standoff in north Edmonton last weekend, did the police know the guy was armed because he had his gun registered? Sure, ok. One billion dollars of your money did not prevent that crime did it?
Old 07-20-2003, 04:47 PM
certifi

Default certificates

I just made 30 photocopies of eveything, and put a copy of each certifcate in every vehicle, skidoo, quad, backpack, gun case, etc. I know the article says photocopies are not acceptable, but that's all they are to begin with. Get some pretty, bonded off-white coloured paper, and no one knows if it's original or not.