Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-03-2022, 02:58 PM
Banned

Thumbs up Alberta Premier Smith Plans ‘Push Back Strategy’ on Trudeau’s Gun Confiscations

Alberta Premier Smith Plans ‘Push Back Strategy’ on Trudeau’s Gun Confiscations

Key Points

“One of my priorities as Premier is to ensure Alberta’s freedoms and interests are protected from federal intrusions.”

“On major policy issues, our government will be discussing a push back strategy to address issues such as the federal oil and gas emissions cap, fertilizer reductions, and the firearms confiscation program.”

“Also, there may be cases where Alberta will seek to opt out of new federal programs if they are not in Alberta’s best interest.”

https://thegunblog.ca/2022/10/28/alb...confiscations/
Old 11-03-2022, 05:14 PM
Banned

I'll wait here and see how this will turn out
Old 11-03-2022, 08:08 PM

Before all the nay-sayers chime in I'll just say - at least it is on her mind and the words came out of her mouth. Whether or not anything can be done remains to be seen, but it's a start.
Old 11-04-2022, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-regard View Post
Before all the nay-sayers chime in I'll just say - at least it is on her mind and the words came out of her mouth. Whether or not anything can be done remains to be seen, but it's a start.
Exactly. Not really a fan boy of her but at least she is speaking up unlike Kenney who only wanted to write "sternly worded" letters then think he did his part. He was/is a federalist as is Toews. Neither of them would get anything done for Alberta because they like things the way they are. Smith isn't talking separatism but rather more along the lines of following the quebec lead. And why not? If it works for quebec it should work for us. Most days I could be talked into separation, and it gets easier and easier every day that we have sock boy in charge.
Old 11-04-2022, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartTimeHunter View Post
Exactly. Not really a fan boy of her but at least she is speaking up unlike Kenney who only wanted to write "sternly worded" letters then think he did his part. He was/is a federalist as is Toews. Neither of them would get anything done for Alberta because they like things the way they are. Smith isn't talking separatism but rather more along the lines of following the quebec lead. And why not? If it works for quebec it should work for us. Most days I could be talked into separation, and it gets easier and easier every day that we have sock boy in charge.
x2. "Alberta 1st" is a breath of fresh air. The leftest's are power happy wingnuts. Anyone who can't see the global initiatives being shoved down are throats are hopeless. When the entire establishment is against you, you're doing a good job for conservative values. I'm glad we have someone with the guts to stand up against the mainstream narrative such as bodily autonomy, killing oil & gas and another gun grab that only hurts legal owners for starters.
Old 11-04-2022, 08:09 PM

Push back?

What happened to sovereignty.

I had hope. I don’t know why, with her record, but I did. She’s trying to find political ways around an issue that has no room for negotiations.

Find middle finger. Direct east. If the royal gestapo and liberal judges don’t like it, rent a few cattle haulers and ship them to onterrible.
Old 11-05-2022, 10:10 AM

'Talk is cheap', I am waiting to see if this new wanabe premier can deliver the goods in the next 5 months.
Old 11-05-2022, 03:05 PM

For all those bashing The new premier would you prefer Rachel? Just asking.
Old 11-05-2022, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
Push back?

What happened to sovereignty.

I had hope. I don’t know why, with her record, but I did. She’s trying to find political ways around an issue that has no room for negotiations.

Find middle finger. Direct east. If the royal gestapo and liberal judges don’t like it, rent a few cattle haulers and ship them to onterrible.
She never ran on a sovereignty platform, only on exerting Provincial rights.
She is right that the provinces have given up too much of their power to Ottawa, and that taking them back is essential. Quebec has been able to retain theirs by fighting tooth and nail. Alberta should be able to do the same.
Hopefully the NDP are not elected before she has a chance to try sorting things out.
Old 11-05-2022, 06:46 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
Right on!
Old 11-05-2022, 11:05 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Would you? Just asking.

We went through this three years ago when JK was made leader of the UPC.

Many of us warned you that JK was not a good choice and many of you accused us of supporting Rachel to try shaming us into silance.

I hope you are happy with your choice four years from now.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-06-2022, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
Would you? Just asking.

Many of us warned you that JK was not a good choice and many of you accused us of supporting Rachel to try shaming us into silance.

While Jason Kenney was no prize I would have taken him pretty well every time over notley. We can still access and hunt in the mountains, that will come to a screeching halt under notley, everything south of the North Saskatchewan will be made into a park and that is the beginning of the end. Almost for that reason alone I can’t bring myself to consider the ndp. I won’t even get started on what I think of their economic policies and how in all their wisdom they essentially declared war on the very single industry as we headed into a major downturn when they came to power, we can’t afford another term of that nonsense even if the alternative isn’t great and we really don’t know what smith will actually do as of yet since she just came into power and is feeling the ropes.
Old 11-06-2022, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
Would you? Just asking.

Keg I’m not quite sure what your saying.

The leader of the UCP could be a blind deaf mute and I would vote for them before I would vote NDP
Old 11-06-2022, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
She never ran on a sovereignty platform, only on exerting Provincial rights.
She is right that the provinces have given up too much of their power to Ottawa, and that taking them back is essential. Quebec has been able to retain theirs by fighting tooth and nail. Alberta should be able to do the same.
Hopefully the NDP are not elected before she has a chance to try sorting things out.
There is no “sorting” to be done.

Ram it through the legislature. Hold a press conference, announce it, order the legal industry to comply. Fire anyone who does not, including cops and judges.

Should have been done on her first day, or at least first week. But no, she’s gonna dance around and do nothing besides pizz off the entire electorate. Just like every other “conservative” leader.
Old 11-06-2022, 04:27 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Keg I’m not quite sure what your saying.

The leader of the UCP could be a blind deaf mute and I would vote for them before I would vote NDP
There were more then just one option when the party chose Danielle Smith.

As there was when they chose Jason Henney. Err I mean Kenney.

I will never vote NDP either nore will I vote for more of the same, which is what we got.

If the NDP wins the next election it won't be due to my vote, it will be due to all those who voted for more of the same.

You can claim all day long that a vote for anyone other then Mr. Smith is a vote for the NDP. It just ain't so.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-10-2022, 03:28 PM

Quote:
There is no “sorting” to be done.

Ram it through the legislature. Hold a press conference, announce it, order the legal industry to comply. Fire anyone who does not, including cops and judges.

Should have been done on her first day, or at least first week. But no, she’s gonna dance around and do nothing besides pizz off the entire electorate. Just like every other “conservative” leader.
Right, it only takes a press conference, and firing some judges.....

It might surprise you to know that she is not an all powerful dictator. Anything she does requires the support of the majority of the house and therefore the majority of her party. We already know there are some UPC members that are not quite 100% behind her proposed platform, so she can only do what she can do.
Old 11-11-2022, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Right, it only takes a press conference, and firing some judges.....

It might surprise you to know that she is not an all powerful dictator. Anything she does requires the support of the majority of the house and therefore the majority of her party. We already know there are some UPC members that are not quite 100% behind her proposed platform, so she can only do what she can do.
Then don’t campaign as one.

Soon as she got in, it’s crickets on Alberta being attacked by Ottawa, and all vaccine butthurt and attacking healthcare. Worthless traitor, but we already knew that. Skunk can’t change its stripes
Old 11-11-2022, 02:41 PM

Default well.

I am sure she will take her daughter and all her daughters friends to Ottawa to discuss this after they spend a week in Jamaica at taxpayers expense.

Seriously though. She will pander to whomever she needs to fill her own pockets.
Old 11-11-2022, 03:01 PM

Quote:

Soon as she got in, it’s crickets on Alberta being attacked by Ottawa, and all vaccine butthurt and attacking healthcare. Worthless traitor, but we already knew that. Skunk can’t change its stripes
She didn't campaign as one. The press continually attacked her as one. There is a difference.
So far she is doing exactly what she said she would do. None of these things can be done instantaneously. It's pretty apparent you would be unhappy no matter who was in charge or what they did.
Old 11-11-2022, 03:16 PM

It’s about time someone stood up for Alberta and gave Ottawa the middle finger. If these steps do indeed transpire, it will be a first for us. Even Ralph didn’t go that far.
Old 11-11-2022, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandSlam View Post
It’s about time someone stood up for Alberta and gave Ottawa the middle finger. If these steps do indeed transpire, it will be a first for us. Even Ralph didn’t go that far.
If she does and gets Ottawa to blink or concede or win a battle. It might just give other provinces the will to stand against Ottawa too. If a movement was to gain strength and a formidable constitution was formed not only would Ottawa be worried so would Quebec. It’s going to take a hell of an effort to make real change in Ottawa. I mean real change. Changes to the federal constitution pulling power from the PMO. Changes to the senate. Changes to our entire parliamentary operation and design.

1867 colonial British parliament isn’t working anymore and needs to be booted to the curb.

BW
Old 11-11-2022, 09:09 PM

Quote:

I am sure the NDP will appreciate your support when the election rolls around.
Old 11-11-2022, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI 6.5 View Post
I am sure the NDP will appreciate your support when the election rolls around.
That will never happen.

Its getting real hard to support any current conservative politician when they don’t follow through on conservative priorities. Harper, Kenney, otoole, now Danielle. All sold out Canadian the gun owners who supported them. Soon as their face is in the trough they don’t wanna upset the status quo.

Last time I talked to those one of those fundraisers, I told them to get off their behinds and get something done instead of empty promises. Put up or shut up.
Old 11-11-2022, 09:45 PM

Quote:
That will never happen.

Its getting real hard to support any current conservative politician when they don’t follow through on conservative priorities. Harper, Kenney, otoole, now Danielle. All sold out Canadian the gun owners who supported them. Soon as their face is in the trough they don’t wanna upset the status quo.

Last time I talked to those one of those fundraisers, I told them to get off their behinds and get something done instead of empty promises. Put up or shut up.
Solution is simple, you need to get up off it. and run your own campaign, simple really
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 11-12-2022, 11:58 AM

Quote:
That will never happen.

Exactly how did Danielle Smith sell you out? Keeping in mind she has been leader for just over a month and was elected MP about a week ago?
Is it possible that your expectations are not reasonable?
Old 11-13-2022, 06:21 AM

Quote:

Wow, she didn't campaign as a dictator. All along her colleagues have had to support her plan or she wouldn't have gotten the leadership (yes I know not a big enough of a win). I don't know what you listen to for news but I still hear talk of standing up to Ottawa, sorting out health care and vaccine choice. You've heard none of that?
Old 11-13-2022, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartTimeHunter View Post
Wow, she didn't campaign as a dictator. All along her colleagues have had to support her plan or she wouldn't have gotten the leadership (yes I know not a big enough of a win). I don't know what you listen to for news but I still hear talk of standing up to Ottawa, sorting out health care and vaccine choice. You've heard none of that?

X2 on your thoughts here. Possibly this may be what some could interpret as the direction forward for our province. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie0M3rSlPEg.
Old 11-13-2022, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Solution is simple, you need to get up off it. and run your own campaign, simple really
Can't do with narcissistic behaviour and there are lots in here
Old 11-13-2022, 10:43 PM

Quote:
She didn't campaign as one. The press continually attacked her as one. There is a difference.
So far she is doing exactly what she said she would do. None of these things can be done instantaneously. It's pretty apparent you would be unhappy no matter who was in charge or what they did.
Seriously. She campaigned as what. A thief? I don't care what party she is for. She used taxpayer dollars for herself.

I don't vote for thieves period and the fact that she is back in power is sad.

I like all my guns. My semi-auto's and my handguns.

But I don't like thieves. Doesn't matter If they are liberal, ndp, pc or UCP.

I put her in the same boat as Trudeau 1, Chretian, Martin, Mulrooney, Harper, Trudeau 2, Lougheed and Klein.
Old 11-14-2022, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camdelle View Post
Seriously. She campaigned as what. A thief? I don't care what party she is for. She used taxpayer dollars for herself.

I don't vote for thieves period and the fact that she is back in power is sad.

I like all my guns. My semi-auto's and my handguns.

But I don't like thieves. Doesn't matter If they are liberal, ndp, pc or UCP.

I put her in the same boat as Trudeau 1, Chretian, Martin, Mulrooney, Harper, Trudeau 2, Lougheed and Klein.
I must have missed that. Could you please enlighten me on this? A link maybe to a story or video outlining her misappropriation of funds? I get it that most politicians are thieving b......ds but seriously don't recall this story