Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-27-2023, 06:39 AM

Default Icbc

Old 12-27-2023, 08:00 AM

So eventually insurance rates will have to go up for normal people with normal trucks because of the ones who buy electric
Old 12-27-2023, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
So eventually insurance rates will have to go up for normal people with normal trucks because of the ones who buy electric
Yes. One thing you can count on is it won't be going down for anybody. They will jack the premiums on conventonal vehicles as part of the green plan to discourage people from buying them. Watch and see.
Old 12-27-2023, 04:05 PM

Default We all Pay For It

Of course those vehicles claims will drive up everyone's premiums just the same as home insurance premiums to replace homes lost in fires like at Fort Mac or flooding every 7 or 8 years in High River, underwriters don't loose money even though they try to convince us they do, we pay and the Turd smiles

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 12-31-2023, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Yes. One thing you can count on is it won't be going down for anybody. They will jack the premiums on conventonal vehicles as part of the green plan to discourage people from buying them. Watch and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
Of course those vehicles claims will drive up everyone's premiums just the same as home insurance premiums to replace homes lost in fires like at Fort Mac or flooding every 7 or 8 years in High River, underwriters don't loose money even though they try to convince us they do, we pay and the Turd smiles
^ the solution? I pay for a separate policy on my motorcycle because it can't be on the same policy/rates as my regular vehicles.

Make a separate policy for EV and let those EV owners pay for the "luxury" of owning said EV. Don't make Joe Public foot the bills for these expensive repairs/replacements.

I would imagine that hypersport vehicles have their own separate policies too, but I can't confirm that as I'm not in that ball park of vehicle ownership (yet) ha ha ha....

J.
Old 12-31-2023, 12:41 PM

Surprised to see my farm policy down $100 from last year.
Old 12-31-2023, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrayford View Post
^ the solution? I pay for a separate policy on my motorcycle because it can't be on the same policy/rates as my regular vehicles.

Make a separate policy for EV and let those EV owners pay for the "luxury" of owning said EV. Don't make Joe Public foot the bills for these expensive repairs/replacements.
Thats the way it should be but don't be surprised when gov't socialized insurance (ICBC) and private insurance going the same way dings everyone 40% overall increases as it simply makes them more money. Everybody pays not just the users.
Old 12-31-2023, 02:18 PM

I just moved to Alberta from BC. As much as a loath ICBC, my auto insurance jumped up $600 a year when I moved. Perfect driving history, same vehicle, and yes I throughly shopped around. Was very surprised.
Old 12-31-2023, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samik View Post
I just moved to Alberta from BC. As much as a loath ICBC, my auto insurance jumped up $600 a year when I moved. Perfect driving history, same vehicle, and yes I throughly shopped around. Was very surprised.
A few years back it used to be the other way around.
Old 12-31-2023, 06:25 PM

Default but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samik View Post
sooner or later they'll run out of someone else's money.

Whenever you get something for nothing, someone else gets nothing for something.