Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-01-2009, 05:52 PM

Default Mantracker must be scared !!!!!!

Well, applied for Mantracker over the winter with Hoopie, got a message from them yesterday that we didn't get picked. Guess they had over 500 applicants and only pick 12 teams. Was really looking forward to matching wits with him, maybe next year !! His horse will be one year older and slower by then whereas we get faster at mid 40's....
On the bright side we probably saved ourselves a whole bunch of blisters and sore muscles.
We probably also saved the health care system some coin with the air ambulance trip out of the bush
Was an excuse to get in better shape though !!!
Salty
Old 07-01-2009, 07:29 PM

The first question I asked when somebody suggested we apply was, Do we have to drag a damn camera crew around with us?
Grizz
Old 07-02-2009, 08:02 AM

Mantracker was in BigRiver Sask, He had such a great time there he came back and trew a private prescreening of the show with entertainment and dancing.We had a blast, thouhg he sure dosnt seem comfertable with his new hollywood statis.Very nice guy, a lot thinner in real life.They are planning another show next year around Bigriver nextish year, great for the community.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:14 PM

I read in an article that you run the race without cameras then go back and recreate some of the more interesting bits for tv.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:29 PM

Once would be enough for me but to have to back and do it again no thanks..
g
Old 07-02-2009, 06:14 PM
brook trout

always wanted to do the challenge but NOT IN WINTER!!!!!
Old 07-04-2009, 03:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Neck Girl View Post
I read in an article that you run the race without cameras then go back and recreate some of the more interesting bits for tv.
Now it makes sense. Always wondered how the hell could he NOT find me with a crew hauling a camera and equipment around behing me. And how the hell the camera knew which footprint to film while I was making them that Mantracker would find.

Also remember one where the idiot is screaming and crying in the stream "Get away from me" Jeesh what a pathetic scene - now I realise she had time to think about her acting and audition for her Oscar. Also where the guys set the bear bangers, now Mantracker can edit his language and have some cutting comments to make for the camera.

After a few shows it gets pretty repetitive - how about give them paint ball guns so if they can sneak on each other or if the trackers see them they can shoot. Even take out his horse -not nice for the horse though. Would add a level of realism.

I have a few other ideas that I would like to try. Hmmm where does one apply.