Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-10-2012, 08:03 AM

Default Ice tent?

What's a better ice hut the rap shack Sherpa pop up or the crystal ice fishing tent from wholesale sports.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:07 AM

I have the Clam pop up 2 man tent that's on the sled with the two seats mounted. It's awesome, goes up in about 10 seconds, and takes about 15 seconds to take down. Chairs are comfy, all of my gear fits inside the sled so it's easy to go fishing as everything is all ready to go in the sled.

Nice and dark in the tent when you close the windows so you can see the bottom. I bought it on sale 2 boxing days ago and I have no complaints. I ice fish almost every weekend of the season so it sees tons of use.

Hope this helps
Old 12-10-2012, 08:32 AM

Want a 3-4 man tent so my brother can come along.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishingaddict View Post
Want a 3-4 man tent so my brother can come along.
Pop-up style or something else?

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 12-10-2012, 08:38 AM

Didn't you just get donated a tent by a member here?
Old 12-10-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFugger21 View Post

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 12-10-2012, 10:05 AM

Do these pop ups have good supprt? Do they fall apart easily?
Old 12-10-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFugger21 View Post
You had better not be looking after one was donated. If so give it back.

And looking at the time I am wondering if you have no school today or what?
Old 12-10-2012, 10:24 AM
Banned

Hey didnt a guy named schooch just donate you a tent on his dime? And, its not quite what you wanted,,, when I was a kid and wanted to see down the hole or keep warm I was told to grab a blanket.
so far you have begged for spots and not taken them when given.
Then told exactly what to rig and bait to use and have bought the opposiite, and now the tent isn't what you like, and from a stranger.

You wouldnt happen to have red hair would you,, there is another red hed from high river who got free gifts from ao with complaint.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:50 AM

Sounds Fishy !!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gust View Post
Hey didnt a guy named schooch just donate you a tent on his dime? And, its not quite what you wanted,,, when I was a kid and wanted to see down the hole or keep warm I was told to grab a blanket.
so far you have begged for spots and not taken them when given.
Then told exactly what to rig and bait to use and have bought the opposiite, and now the tent isn't what you like, and from a stranger.
x4
And seriously, fishing outside is just as enjoyable. Not having a tent is no reason to not go icefishing.
...poor ScHooch, ...not all people are greedy like the OP.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Banned

Time for a derail but on topic;

I helped out a random fisherman who lost a ton'o gear then never heard a peep from the person after.

A red headed fisherman got a gift of a van from a whole bunch of ao'ers.

I've also heard a story of a well known generous sort on ao, gifting a car on his dime to a distant city and then doing work on the car because the gifted person didnt want to pay, even though they had a job.

I'm not sure whats worse, a theif or those who prey on the generous with zero gratitude and expecting a bit more whipped cream and sprinkles.

Not an angry fellow myself, but this thread steams me.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:17 PM

Didn't something similar go down with a young fellow and a boat/canoe earlier this year? Was given a canoe and kept looking for handouts or something along those lines?

I agree with you Gust, this kind of thing really chaps my arse...

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 12-10-2012, 12:32 PM

Thumbs down

Next hell want our wallets no more nice AOs
Old 12-10-2012, 03:54 PM

We are going to use his lots just what we needed was going to use it yesterday but chairs did not fit in it lol so now have to get pails and a heater then will be set for many years of fishing
Old 12-10-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
We are going to use his lots just what we needed was going to use it yesterday but chairs did not fit in it lol so now have to get pails and a heater then will be set for many years of fishing
Don't see any lol in this post. Just someone got a generous hand out then starts inquiring about something else. Maybe it's time to start ignoring some of these post.

I know I will.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:04 PM

"Not looking for honey holes and whatnot, just a few of the go-to lakes around Calgary to hopefully try to get them "hooked" into the sport.

Being from the Edmonton area, I've only casually read posts about PCR, Travers, and the like, but don't really have any more info about them, regarding driving distances, or current access points etc.

Looking to set them up with my 6 man shelter and camera for pike/perch/burbot fishing, with hopes of having them catch dinner, while I can maybe bounce around, with my flasher looking for whites or perch myself.

If I can get em into it, maybe I could convince them to go out for a couple days over Christmas...heheheh....

PM's are welcome of course. I have no problem sharing some if my own productive spots of course either."

That is how one asks for Help/etc.

Honest, respectful and fully willing to share what they have as well.

Good on ya Tyangelo!

Cheers.

Last edited by bwackwabbit; 12-10-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
maybe when you get your new tent, you will be so generous as to hand your old one down to some young up and coming fisherman?
Old 12-10-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickrel pat View Post
maybe when you get your new tent, you will be so generous as to hand your old one down to some young up and coming fisherman?
We are not getting a new one.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Now we're talking

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 12-10-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
We are not getting a new one.
oh..... my bad..... thought that was the whole idea of this thread,
Old 12-10-2012, 04:12 PM

I don't blame the kid for wanting a tent big enough for the whole family to fit in. Honestly, he never asked for anything other then advice and received a generous donation to get him out fishing sooner with his dad. Now that he wants advice for something his whole family can use ya'll jump down his throat.

Seriously, who here hasn't asked for advice when it comes to upgrading their gear. If all you see is the worst in people that's what you'll find. I'm pretty sure this guy isn't looking for handouts and is very grateful for the tent that he was given. We should be encouraging him in getting involved in fishing and spending time with his family outdoors not harping on him for assuming he's doing anything but that.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 12-10-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
oh..... my bad..... thought that was the whole idea of this thread,
a wise man once said " you post something just to ask a question and wammo every body assumes ur doing something like killing small animals"
Perch 50 +
Goldeye 10
Sauger 1
Sucker 5
Old 12-10-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonlazo2 View Post
a wise man once said " you post something just to ask a question and wammo every body assumes ur doing something like killing small animals"
yes that was I who said those words.....
Old 12-10-2012, 04:18 PM

Wild and free is absolutely right all I want is so my younger brother can come to so he can get into the sport as well and schooch I am very grateful that you donated that tent to me will use it when it's just my dad and I but when my brother comes we just need a bit more room.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild&Free View Post
I don't blame the kid for wanting a tent big enough for the whole family to fit in. Honestly, he never asked for anything other then advice and received a generous donation to get him out fishing sooner with his dad. Now that he wants advice for something his whole family can use ya'll jump down his throat.

Seriously, who here hasn't asked for advice when it comes to upgrading their gear. If all you see is the worst in people that's what you'll find. I'm pretty sure this guy isn't looking for handouts and is very grateful for the tent that he was given. We should be encouraging him in getting involved in fishing and spending time with his family outdoors not harping on him for assuming he's doing anything but that.

Well said!
Old 12-10-2012, 04:31 PM

/Fishingaddict/ Wild and free is absolutely right all I want is so my younger brother can come to so he can get into the sport as well and schooch I am very grateful that you donated that tent to me will use it when it's just my dad and I but when my brother comes we just need a bit more room.

Theres always room beside the tent..., when i take my sister and mom or new bee's i give them the hut and i fish out side. Looking for better more active spots for them by busting new holes. I enjoy the environment aound me. Watchin animals,birds and taking it all in. Thats y i probly like to spend my time west.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild&Free View Post

Well said, and I apologize for any inappropriate posts I made directed to the OP

I sum it up to a few bad apples ruining it for the rest of the bunch...though AO as a whole has been burned by a few individuals, it's not right to make such blanket assumptions as a few of us here just did.

For myself, it's been a rough few weeks and I'm in a pretty sour mood in general right now...my bad

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 12-10-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
Well said, and I apologize for any inappropriate posts I made directed to the OP

I sum it up to a few bad apples ruining it for the rest of the bunch...though AO as a whole has been burned by a few individuals, it's not right to make such blanket assumptions as a few of us here just did.

For myself, it's been a rough few weeks and I'm in a pretty sour mood in general right now...my bad
I was in a pretty sour mood myself, day of fishing wasted messing around with a charging system problem on my truck. Its fixed now so hopefully I'll be on the water tomorrow working on my fish count.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 12-10-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post

You'll come out on top Jay. Keep your tip up!