Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-10-2012, 05:12 PM

Fishingaddict, you have to understand how the optics of inquiring about a NEW tent looks, right after a member generously donated a tent to you. Now, knowing that you're a younger man and appear to be very curious about everything fishing, I didn't think for one second that you weren't very thankful for tent, but it does look bad. As Geezle mentioned, other members have been burned after graciously donating to another member "in need", so that is most likely why people were jumping down your throat.

With that said, I'm sorry for posing my question in the open forum, as it appears to have started a fire storm. I should have just pm'ed you to ask why you were looking into a new tent.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:21 PM

I think tents are only for when it's cold or sight fishing I only set mine up and if it get windy or cold go in

Sit outside get some fresh air

"Theirs a fine Line between fishing and standing on the shore like a dummy" - steven
Old 12-10-2012, 06:12 PM

Obviously i'm reading this thread a little late......i can assure you that the young man that i gave the shelter to has sent me many thanks for the donation. He is just a 13 yr old and i cant blame him for asking many questions because without a good influence (all of you on this forum) he could easily stray off course and end up a MALL RAT.....as my son calls them! Try and give him a break and please remember he is still just a kid!!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHOOCH View Post
Obviously i'm reading this thread a little late......i can assure you that the young man that i gave the shelter to has sent me many thanks for the donation. He is just a 13 yr old and i cant blame him for asking many questions because without a good influence (all of you on this forum) he could easily stray off course and end up a MALL RAT.....as my son calls them! Try and give him a break and please remember he is still just a kid!!!!
I am sorry for asking schooch I really do appreciate the tent and thanks again.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFugger21 View Post
Fishingaddict, you have to understand how the optics of inquiring about a NEW tent looks, right after a member generously donated a tent to you. Now, knowing that you're a younger man and appear to be very curious about everything fishing, I didn't think for one second that you weren't very thankful for tent, but it does look bad. As Geezle mentioned, other members have been burned after graciously donating to another member "in need", so that is most likely why people were jumping down your throat.

With that said, I'm sorry for posing my question in the open forum, as it appears to have started a fire storm. I should have just pm'ed you to ask why you were looking into a new tent.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishingaddict View Post
I am sorry for asking schooch I really do appreciate the tent and thanks again.
I fished with schooch and clan this weekend, he really is a great guy, Id fish with him anytime, not just because he doesnt catch very many so I get them all
addict if you ever do pick up a bigger tent, done believe what they say it will fit, I use a 4 man just for myself most days, and its got just enough room to be comfortable. if you have 3 people one of the 6 man tents would be just the ticket, you will have elbow room and lots of room for your gear too.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 12-10-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
I fished with schooch and clan this weekend, he really is a great guy, Id fish with him anytime, not just because he doesnt catch very many so I get them all
addict if you ever do pick up a bigger tent, done believe what they say it will fit, I use a 4 man just for myself most days, and its got just enough room to be comfortable. if you have 3 people one of the 6 man tents would be just the ticket, you will have elbow room and lots of room for your gear too.
Yup we learned how to out fish Master Wayne.......just bbq a bunch of Moose sausage and Deer loins and he forgets he's fishing!!!!!!! He's the 1st guy i have ever meet that was ho-hum with a 6-7 lb wally, obviously he catches lots of hogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 10:37 PM

Ya, c'mon give the kid a break! He obviously lives and breathes fishing-he's one of us! I bet by the time he's 20 we'll be begging him for his fishing tips.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyemagnet View Post
Ya, c'mon give the kid a break! He obviously lives and breathes fishing-he's one of us! I bet by the time he's 20 we'll be begging him for his fishing tips.
More like asking him to remind us of all the things we told him in the past. Memory plays awful games with age.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 12-11-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
So you found a new jinx to replace me?
And yah, WC has everything in his tent except, a wc
And not all of us have to foil our tents to ward off alien abduction.