Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-02-2014, 04:06 AM

Default Garbage on the Ice and Shacks!!!

Is it the low IQ or the I just done give a Sh*t factor that people have these days. I cant believe the amount of Garbage I pick up on Gull lake anymore. And the CIGARETTE Butts that are laying at so many spots where people fish. Smokers must feel it is their God Given right to share their Smoke with all of us and have the right to Litter anywhere they want too. Geesh come on people lets take care of what we have before we don't have it no more!!!

As well who gives you the right to go into anyone's Shack and make a FRIGGING mess when the person is not there? Its not your property so that means stay the F$*@k out Moron. The next guy I catch in my shack really is not going to like me I will tell you that. Build or buy your own and play by the rules of ethics that most of us do.

Enough of a rant but that is just how my 2014 started off.

Play safe everyone and the best in 2014

MM
Old 01-02-2014, 06:51 AM

The last time i was at gull it looked like a garbage dump that how much garbage was left on the ice it was a disgrace a lot of fellow fishing people don't care
Old 01-02-2014, 06:58 AM

Wabamun parking lot and the ice isn't much better.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:43 AM

Pretty sad, My five year old knows better! Always bring a bag for our own garbage but usually end up picking up other peoples sh!t.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:51 AM
Banned

It's truly disgraceful how people treat our environment. Nothing makes me more angry than cancer sticks getting tossed in the water and garbage scattered everywhere. People are unbelievable and getting worse all the time. We have far to many people on the planet!
Old 01-02-2014, 08:47 AM

I have stopped going to Pine Coulee because of this exact problem. It is disgusting what some people think is OK.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:48 AM

ive been in Alberta for a year now, and I believe it is one of the most beautiful provinces in Canada, however it seems many residents are doing their best to destroy it, the litter the garbage and overall destruction sickens me. the problem is the entitled attitude , with lack of appreciation for mother nature and feeling like someone else should be responsible for cleaning up the mess or repairing the damage
Old 01-02-2014, 09:23 AM

All of the garbage and butts are one thing, I'm surprised that we're still allowed to drive on the lakes, when you see all the crap that drips and falls off a vehicle after it sits on a patch of clean snow for a while.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanzibar View Post
All of the garbage and butts are one thing, I'm surprised that we're still allowed to drive on the lakes, when you see all the crap that drips and falls off a vehicle after it sits on a patch of clean snow for a while.
What about boats all summer long spewing oil and gas into the lakes?

Should we ban boats on lakes as well?
Old 01-02-2014, 10:16 AM

X2 on Gull it sure seems to attract the low life's that cannot pick up after themselves! Up the littering fines to 1000 and see if that helps
Old 01-02-2014, 10:31 AM
Banned

Default garbage

I couldn't agree more guys. it seems what us real fisherman all included on this post lol look after our litter. while which I like to call weekend fisherman. a lot of them don't know much about the sport.???? feel its ok to throw there s***T around. sure isn't like it used to be you would clean up after yourself
Old 01-02-2014, 10:39 AM

Default Slobs

Ya, there are all kinds of slobs in this world, i have picked up bags of garbage from the ice on gull, slave river, wabamun, snipe, seems every where you go the slobs have been.

Maybe time to start getting plate numbers, seems the biggest culprits are the groups of **** tanks hammered making to much noise and throwing crap every where, their parents must be proud.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:39 AM

All of you seem like you really care which is great to see. If I see anyone packing up and leaving a mess I would be the first to get into their face and I hope the rest of you would do the same.
Since I am awesome and limit out before everyone else I don't get a chance to see these guys so I will have to count on the rest of you! Lol
Old 01-02-2014, 10:49 AM
Banned

I drive a long way to go fishing where it's not very popular and usually very clean.
The closer to the city limits brings more junkheads.
You can't fix it.
Just avoid it.
I smoke....and I carry a flip up ashtray when fishing anywhere. I take out what I bring in. But sometimes I bring out more than I brought in....a fish to eat
Old 01-02-2014, 11:29 AM
Gone Hunting

I'm not sure I see the point of threads like this. Read the replies. Apparently none of these posters are guilty, and a lot of them clean up the mess left by others, so how does a rant help.

Wouldn't it be more productive to take some pics of the mess and the jerks and report them, and then pot the pics here so more people can watch for them. Getting busted a few times may get the message to the dolts. I doubt these threads will.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 01-02-2014, 11:31 AM

I smoke and am guilty of butts on the ice....Going forward, I am going to dispose of my butts properly...

If it is any concelation, I never leave garbage any where I go and pick up other garbage left
Old 01-02-2014, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post
I smoke and am guilty of butts on the ice....Going forward, I am going to dispose of my butts properly...

If it is any concelation, I never leave garbage any where I go and pick up other garbage left
Good on ya man!
Old 01-02-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:

Sorry pal, I wasn't talking about all of your lakes, just the ones I drive past when I'm hugging trees and saving whales.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:23 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:

Yep pick up the butts too and all is good. Litter is litter and what is with this going into someone's ice hut? Respect the environment and peoples property is all that is asked...maybe it's too much!
Old 01-02-2014, 02:28 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:

No we can be more responsible and put boats on the lake that don't spew oil as in the 60's or earlier. Just gotta be more conscious of our actions, a little goes a long long way. We are all guilty to some degree of contaminating lakes etc but if we start doing a little better job we wouldn't have so much crap on our lakes, lake shores and for the most part people will follow this way of thinking.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:29 PM

The miserable old you know what in the shack next to me leaves crap all over too, fish guts and heads on the ice. Real smart.

Op- you don't lock your shack? If you lock it do they bust in?
Old 01-02-2014, 02:55 PM

Default Photo's

Indeed the Photos may be the trick! My buddy did snap some the other day of the mess that some Asian fella's left behind and as well as some of our good old Alberta Low IQ people left behind. The same bunch rolled in where we were the next day and needless to say he gave them all a earful. Hence they elected not to fish near us....hahaha in your face!

I will send him this post and maybe he will post them.

And about the lock on the shack, that only keeps Honest people out. Just leave peoples things alone is all.

MM
Old 01-02-2014, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post

Wouldn't it be more productive to take some pics of the mess and the jerks and report them, and then pot the pics here so more people can watch for them. Getting busted a few times may get the message to the dolts. I doubt these threads will.
Then the ethics police and privacy law enforcers would be on your back for postin pictures without permission, it's his thread let it be don't be the one to derail it
Old 01-02-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanzibar View Post
Your worried about that? What about all of the unseen pesticides and herbicides that end up in lakes. Its what I don't see that scares me.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:28 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassett View Post
Then the ethics police and privacy law enforcers would be on your back for postin pictures without permission, it's his thread let it be don't be the one to derail it
Ah I see what you did there. It's a derail because I suggested a positive course of action to try to help a crappy situation, instead of talking about pesticides in the water. Thank you.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 01-02-2014, 05:40 PM

Hey Mudder Man, what a start to X-mas morning eh? I didn't get the pictures of those clowns but I've had the camera ready ever since. I don't get it, pick up your crap! Enjoy being out and have fun but, leave the in the same or better shape than you found it. You packed it in, you pack it out!
Old 01-02-2014, 07:10 PM

Some peoples children !!!!! Well this thread inspired me to bring a garbage bag and spend a little time after a good day of fishing cleaning other peoples crap up. Time to give back to Mother Nature. Unfortunately a lot of people are chit heads. We have to lead by example. Sorry about your start to 2014. Thank God I quit smoking 😜
Old 01-02-2014, 07:53 PM

I always see it too and get totally bummed thinking about how people just don't give a crap too. Especially at the NSR. We always end up filling the bag we bring our bait in and then some almost everytime we go. Sometimes I'll poke a stick diagonally out of shore or bank and hang a bag on it encouraging someone to use it and sometimes I come back and it's gone or has garbage in it and then I take it and throw it away. try to teach my boy the same and show him what's happening. Wish other parents would do the same so that their kids too can enjoy the fishing opera unities we all have
Old 01-02-2014, 09:39 PM
Banned

Mudder Man was the very first AO member I ever met, awesome fellow (I'll PM you later to jog your memory).

Anyhoo, hit the ice today and came across a pile of communal crap and wipes. One would figure they could have drilled a half-hole and crapped in that then shovelled it full of snow or -low & behold - walked a literal 15 feet, sat comfortably between two rocks and let drop.

Because it was very close to my fishing hole, I covered the pile with snow. Sadly, the Chinook turned this into a river of poo-stain, so I moved.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:26 PM
Banned

Default Season permit shacks.

My opinion is fish & wildlife need to set rules and laws for these shacks some are left on lakes when ice starts to melt and fall through when spring hits...it's just a opinion ; I don't think it will ever happen.