Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-23-2014, 11:46 AM

Default All Fisherman Gotta Go Location

I was in Toronto for a Business Trip the last few days and decided to do some Touristy stuff. I almost did some fishing, but I really did not have the time to do that. So I checked out some of the other things and came across this new aquarium called "Ripley's Aquarium of Canada." It was amazing and by the time I was out of the Aquarium I was almost shaking with the urge to fish. An amazing selection of fish and it is all indoors. I took some footage with my Camera to share with all you guys. Wait till you see some of the sharks at the end of the video...... I may just have to go south this winter for some good shark fishing again.....

WARNING: DO NOT WATCH THIS VIDEO DURING WORK! YOU MAY HAVE TO TAKE THE REST OF THE DAY TO GO FISHING!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6FQJutxhK4
Old 07-25-2014, 09:37 AM

Who can tell me what sort of Shark it is from 4:24 - 4:44. They didn't have a sign anywhere saying what type it was and I want to say something corny like the saw shark. I've never seen or heard of anyone fishing for these on T.V. or in real life, thus I had no idea what it was.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the11fisherman View Post
Who can tell me what sort of Shark it is from 4:24 - 4:44. They didn't have a sign anywhere saying what type it was and I want to say something corny like the saw shark. I've never seen or heard of anyone fishing for these on T.V. or in real life, thus I had no idea what it was.
Looks like a Sawshark. They and Sawfish are very similiar, but I think the Sawfish is a little flatter.

Neat video, thanks for sharing.

Cheers
Old 07-25-2014, 11:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by the11fisherman View Post
don't you hate it when they don't have a sign that tells you what your looking at? the bass pro in calgary has a number of fish in that big beautifull tank that are also not identified. I brought this little detail up with mngt. months ago, but last time i was there still not fixed.
don't get me wrong, still love to look at that great display and all the mounts everywhere. Wish we had a bass pro in edm.
oops, almost forgot to thank you for posting that vid. Must have been a day with lots of school trips, cause it sure was noisy.

Last edited by waterninja; 07-25-2014 at 11:14 AM.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:34 AM

That is what I thought, that it was a bit to deep in the belly to be a saw shark. While I was going through the tunnel, I thought that the glass was just magnifying the depth of the shark, but then I got to another location where the glass didn't have any magnifying power and it was still fat, so I wasn't sure if it was a Sawshark.

It was insane how busy it was there. There were 3 different daycare groups and also the Teen Canada Pageant girls were touring here and also the CN Tower. I couldn't escape them that day, not that I'll complain. I'm just outta highschool, so being surrounded by beautiful girls for 5 hours is not bad.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
don't you hate it when they don't have a sign that tells you what your looking at? the bass pro in calgary has a number of fish in that big beautifull tank that are also not identified. I brought this little detail up with mngt. months ago, but last time i was there still not fixed.
don't get me wrong, still love to look at that great display and all the mounts everywhere. Wish we had a bass pro in edm.
oops, almost forgot to thank you for posting that vid. Must have been a day with lots of school trips, cause it sure was noisy.
That is funny that you should say that because when I went there close to when it opened, there were removable signs that explained which fish were which and some interesting facts about each. And then I went there about 2 months ago and there was nothing, I was annoyed by that a lot, but not for my personal benefit. I already know what they all are, but you get lots of people that don't and they should be educating people on the Fish Species that we have in Alberta.

Next time I am in, I will complain to Management too.