Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckle55 View Post
Elkhunter11 here u go

sorry its only 237 on March 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6NvpCkkbgc

do you have any proof that it can't be done

lmao

David
One shot is a far cry from twelve shots in a row. And if you were listening, the guy mentioned that the previous world record was hitting a Fita target at 230 yards. A Fita target is larger than 12" square. And these records were set with modern compound bows and modern arrows, using releases.

As for proof, the onus of proof is on the person making the claim.

And when you are a king that made a habit of having people decapitated, you can pretty much claim what you want to, without anyone disputing it.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:12 PM

http://www.worldrecordacademy.com/sp...ord_101831.htm

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...A9E0B7FD2899D7

David

Last edited by Speckle55; 10-09-2015 at 10:19 PM.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:21 PM

Interesting

Last edited by Artist; 10-09-2015 at 10:31 PM.
Old 10-10-2015, 12:40 PM
Banned

I agree, shoot what ever you are comfortable shooting at. But when I say comfortable, I mean your 90% you'll make the shot. For me 30yrds is max, I know i can shoot up to 50 yrd comfortably, but if there's a buck of a life time or elk in front of me, I know my nerves start going. So id prefer to take a shot from 30yrd and let the animal walk in hopes of a second chance, rather than chance wounding the animal.

I test my shooting abilities by shooting after i drank a red bull and a bunch of coffee. I compare my accuraucy, and after a red bull and some coffee, my shots are alot worse at 40-50yrds. At 30yrd there not as grouped as before drinking my stimulates, but they are still in the kill zone. I try to simulate what my nerves will be like with a very nice animal in front of me and this is my way of getting close as i can to that situation.
Old 10-11-2015, 05:18 PM

you guys hitting stuff at 60 yards,

i pretty much think i'm robin hood when I hit all 3 yellows on targets at 20 years
Old 10-14-2015, 08:23 AM

Distance = Shooters efficiency/skill + conditions and circumstances

Neil
Old 10-14-2015, 09:30 AM

This is an easy question, very few should shoot past 40-yards. The vast majority shouldnt shoot past 30, no matter how good they are at the range. I've been guiding for 30-years now and past 40 just to much can go wrong. Long shots IMO is the reason most outfitters dont like bowhunters.....to many wounded animals. I know one outfitter who says a full 50% of his bowhunters wound game. My son had a very experienced bowhunter this year...he wounded a griz and a caribou...
Old 10-14-2015, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon254 View Post
This is an easy question, very few should shoot past 40-yards. The vast majority shouldnt shoot past 30, no matter how good they are at the range. I've been guiding for 30-years now and past 40 just to much can go wrong. Long shots IMO is the reason most outfitters dont like bowhunters.....to many wounded animals. I know one outfitter who says a full 50% of his bowhunters wound game. My son had a very experienced bowhunter this year...he wounded a griz and a caribou...
Have seen the same with rifle hunters not advised.... do the same thing due to long range

As metioned above ...Distance = Shooters efficiency/skill + conditions and circumstances

Neil
Old 10-14-2015, 06:18 PM

yes I agree, rifle hunters should also put more of a limit on the ranges they shoot. That being said there is far less room for error with archery gear. Never yet seen a broadhead kill a moose when the scapula is hit......bullets do it every day. Tough subject that P&Y will eventually have to address, but the fact is a lot of game is wounded each season with the bow & arrow. Had a hunter shoot the nicest wolverine I've ever seen this year at 20-yards.....hit looked good but after tracking him for 300 yards the blood trail disappeared. The guy was a good shot to, killed his moose with one well placed arrow.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:34 PM

Quote:
yes I agree, rifle hunters should also put more of a limit on the ranges they shoot. That being said there is far less room for error with archery gear. Never yet seen a broadhead kill a moose when the scapula is hit......bullets do it every day. Tough subject that P&Y will eventually have to address, but the fact is a lot of game is wounded each season with the bow & arrow. Had a hunter shoot the nicest wolverine I've ever seen this year at 20-yards.....hit looked good but after tracking him for 300 yards the blood trail disappeared. The guy was a good shot to, killed his moose with one well placed arrow.
...I'm curious! ...what kind/brand/make of broadhead was used on the wolverine?
Old 10-14-2015, 07:35 PM

Thunderhead 125. Great broad head, although personally I prefer a two blade head.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:16 PM

I prefer three blade or more...3+ "flaps" vs. 1 "slit" has proven better in my experience.

LC
Old 10-14-2015, 09:22 PM

Yea Lefty, nothing wrong with three blade heads for sure, I like the 2 blade simply because they penetrate better. Up here it can make a difference.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Its not bowhunters. Its people who are more concerned about thier hero photos and fr@cken facebook post than enjoying the hunt and doing things right. And theres plenty of lousy rifle shots as well who try to make up for thier poor marksmanship with the latest ultra mag whatever...
Old 10-16-2015, 11:48 AM

Default wounding

Things can go wrong no matter what weapon you use....but the fact remains that far more animals are wounded with archery gear than with rifles.....for outfitters this has become a huge deal even though you wont likely read about it. I've been guiding for 30-years and every outfitter I know says the same thing....wounding with archery gear is off the charts in recent years. Its so bad that some are now charging bowhunter more for a hunt than rifle hunters. IMO there are three problems...first is the bowhunters are shooting to far....second they are using light arrows with expandable heads, this helps them shoot further, but greatly reduces penetration....and lastly they refuse to either use a rifle themselves to kill a wounded animal or let the guide do it. This last point to me is unacceptable and as a guide I tell them up front if they make a bad shot I will not allow the animal to run off......then of course you get into the question of ethics...... how long is to long for an animal to die????? for me its not hours