Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-07-2017, 05:54 PM
Banned

Default Adventures at the grocery store.

I'm in the grocery store this afternoon, waiting my turn at the cash out register. An older lady comes behind me in a tight line up of customers. She brushes against me and touches my arse. I immediately looked at her with a serious look on my face and exclaimed "you just touched me inappropriately, and I feel sexually exploited" The look on her face was one of disbelief, she was speechless. Seeing her confusion, I had to make her feel at ease and explain that I was just kidding. Well, the whole line up at the cash register broke into laughter. I then told the lady that she could touch my arse again, but it would cost her 5 bucks. Well, then the staff and customers broke into hysterical laughter and got my joke. Too funny and that made my day as well as many others in the cash register line up....LOL
Old 12-07-2017, 05:58 PM

I'd have paid to see that!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-07-2017, 06:29 PM

Ha, nice to see some levity with all that is happening these days. Seems that most general public are rolling their eyes at the "Me Too" movement, being overblown by media.
Not that serious cases of abuse shouldn't be condemned, but nowadays it seems one could ruin their career by accidentally bumping into someone in a lineup.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:24 PM
Banned

At our company Christmas party we've at times hung, as a joke the age-old sprig of Mistletoe.
No more.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:12 PM

That's the kind humour I like to see. But with my luck she
Probably would have kicked me in the nuts before I got to explain it was a joke.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I'd have paid to see that!
Cost you 5 bucks.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
I'm in the grocery store this afternoon, waiting my turn at the cash out register. An older lady comes behind me in a tight line up of customers. She brushes against me and touches my arse. I immediately looked at her with a serious look on my face and exclaimed "you just touched me inappropriately, and I feel sexually exploited" The look on her face was one of disbelief, she was speechless. Seeing her confusion, I had to make her feel at ease and explain that I was just kidding. Well, the whole line up at the cash register broke into laughter. I then told the lady that she could touch my arse again, but it would cost her 5 bucks. Well, then the staff and customers broke into hysterical laughter and got my joke. Too funny and that made my day as well as many others in the cash register line up....LOL
If she was quick she would have pulled a $20 out of her wallet and asked what she could touch for that.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:58 PM
Banned

Default or

Sorry ,happy you don't shop in my neighbourhood.

You don't tip enough.

Old 12-07-2017, 10:17 PM

Your lucky she didnt get offended and claim your sexually harrassing her. All it takes is for her to feel uncomfortable at your attempt at humor. Sas world we live in, while i feel for those victims it does appear there is a fair amount of oh oh me too. What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Seems like it has all gone out the window since this all started with bill cosby.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:27 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
Your lucky she didnt get offended and claim your sexually harrassing her. All it takes is for her to feel uncomfortable at your attempt at humor. Sas world we live in, while i feel for those victims it does appear there is a fair amount of oh oh me too. What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Seems like it has all gone out the window since this all started with bill cosby.
Nope you have to wait at least 10 years to bring it up so Gitrdun plan your future accordingly

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-07-2017, 10:40 PM

Funny. Gitrdun should have given her his phone number and planted a big wet kiss on the old gal. Make her day.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 12-07-2017, 10:49 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
Funny. Gitrdun should have given her his phone number and planted a big wet kiss on the old gal. Make her day.
Yeah then she follows you home and then you got some explaining to do

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-07-2017, 11:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
I then told the lady that she could touch my arse again, but it would cost her 5 bucks.
Solicitation of Prostitution

Communicating to provide sexual services for consideration

(1.1) Everyone is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction who communicates with any person — for the purpose of offering or providing sexual services for consideration  —  in a public place, or in any place open to public view, that is or is next to a school ground, playground or daycare centre.

Definition of public place
(2) In this section, public place includes any place to which the public have access as of right or by invitation, express or implied, and any motor vehicle located in a public place or in any place open to public view.

Sounds to me like your nothing but a cheap.....
Old 12-08-2017, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
Unless OP is heavily involved in entertainment industry or filthy rich by other means, he might be safe for now.

PS. With all these "metoo" stories - I find it hard to believe that most claims are true, given the number of accusations against Hollywood and TV personalities, but some details and venues people allegedly took to get in trouble are just mind boggling and weirdly inventive in a very disgusting way .
Some get fired for complementing a woman for a sweater and overall appearance, but some should really get medical attention if stories are true
Old 12-08-2017, 03:36 AM

Soooo....did you make an extra 5 bucks?
Old 12-08-2017, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
At our company Christmas party we've at times hung, as a joke the age-old sprig of Mistletoe.
No more.
Yep, the World has changed a lot in the last 15-20 years. I'm thinking that a Mistletoe belt buckle worn at a Christmas Party would get a man sent to Human Resources first thing Monday Morning to conduct his Termination. Of course if a different gender wore one it would be a big hit and everyone would laugh about it hysterically throughout the evening.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:00 AM

Now that there is funny. Glad you, she and all around you got a good laugh out of it, doesn't seem to happen near often enough these days.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Now that there is funny. Glad you, she and all around you got a good laugh out of it, doesn't seem to happen near often enough these days.
True enough. High River remains a very friendly town despite all of the grown that we've seen.