Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-13-2013, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Another 41 hit the dock today!
Crazy amount of Salmon around. 40 fish to one boat today.
40 pounder and constant catch and release action. Why tub out after 1 hour when you can release and play all day long?

For all the A/O members on the way. Hurry up, drive safe and get ready for a unparreled experiance.

Still room in August, kids come free! Call for details.

Jamie
I'm on holidays in Campbell river . With a lot of issues with re bookings due to weather and what not I said enough bs and not having a real holiday in a few years headed up this way then I was asked if I'd be willing to do a demo on some of the salt water hooks I make similar to what I did for you Jamie but they just want to run them behind a flasher . Going to do a day or two in a boat towards the end of our trip . I watched a guy bring in a tyee off the big discovery pier intown the first night we got here that was Wednesday , watch a kid just lay into them , was down at the river yesterday there's the odd pink starting to run , looking for ward to put some of my hooks to work I'm an idiot and forgot my lite fishing gear at home gladly someone was home to take it inside so I pt didn't get stollen . So I might have to go back to the tackle shop buy a 1/2 decent spin cast set up with out breaking the bank . I will try to update one more time before we leave late next week . But talking to the locals tons of fish being caught .

Have a good summer up there buddy .
Old 07-13-2013, 10:40 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Another 41 hit the dock today!
Crazy amount of Salmon around. 40 fish to one boat today.
40 pounder and constant catch and release action. Why tub out after 1 hour when you can release and play all day long?

For all the A/O members on the way. Hurry up, drive safe and get ready for a unparreled experiance.

Still room in August, kids come free! Call for details.

Jamie
Well for one salmon are one of the most fragile fish in the ocean when it comes to survival. Approx. 20-33% of caught and release salmon die. They just can not handle the lactic acid build up not to mention poor catch and release methods as well as deep hooking. When we catch and release like we did the other day, if the fish is bleeding at all it goes on my tag and as soon as my two slots are filled, we are done. No sense killing fish and wasting them. Fortunately we have the best fishing on the coast for all species so when we are done by 9-10am on Chinook (have been literally almost every day since June 11th) we can target these other species. There are MANY other species to target and fish, many of which are fun to catch and tasty as heck!
www.serengetifishingcharters.com

The BEST Chinook Salmon and Halibut Fishing On the Coast
Old 07-13-2013, 10:44 PM
AO Sponsor

One Day, One Boat

C + R 32lbs

C + R 140lb halibut...another 150 and 170lb halibut were released same day!!!!!!

Old 07-19-2013, 08:57 PM

My Turn!! Gas tank is full, oil is changed, cameras are charged, car is packed, and now its 9pm and im grabbing 4 hours of sleep before Dan and I take off to the GPSL Everyones successful stories after they come home have me pumped and ready! Cant wait to get there already
Old 07-20-2013, 01:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherGrrrl View Post
My Turn!! Gas tank is full, oil is changed, cameras are charged, car is packed, and now its 9pm and im grabbing 4 hours of sleep before Dan and I take off to the GPSL Everyones successful stories after they come home have me pumped and ready! Cant wait to get there already
Just got off the phone with Dan, Fishergirl, Claudio and Brad. Some EXTREMLY excited guests on the way.
As will be reported by Thunder, it's been non stop action for both Coho and Chinook. Thankfully very few pinks around.
Yesterday saw one boat play many fish and nail a hog at 37 pounds! Everything they kept was over 25 pounds.

The fishing up here in Prince Rupert has been incrediable. It's something you have to experiance in order to appreciate. We have one guest in the lodge who swears he is never going to buy a fresh water license again. Prince Rupert has spoiled him for Alberta fishing.

The Lodge is running as smooth as a top and the food is reaching legendary status. Our Chef is making the most scrumptious dinners and Snacks imaginable.

The first 2 weeks in August have room. Lets get you and your family or buddy's out here.

Cost for August $2,000/person based on 4 per boat.

Jamie
Old 07-21-2013, 09:36 PM
AO Sponsor

GUYS, Fishing gets NO better than this. Limits of Chinook AND COHO are now being taken by 9-10am for all boats. Also nailing nice big lings, yelloweye and halibut. If a guest wants a big C + R halibut, it is no problem with decent weather that we hook into one over 60lbs, and then get some nice keepers below that as well. Limits of Lings and Yelloweye and other rockfish is no problem as well. Many fish over 30lbs around now as well. Here are some pics

Bear Ballz group!

Old 07-29-2013, 09:21 PM
AO Sponsor

Fishing continues to be outstanding. Even in rough weather over weekend limits were taken by mid day for chinook AND coho. Beauty thing is they are often in two different spots so can limit separately and still get down to chinook and tag out on them then focus on coho. Many coho over 10lbs now and tons of chinook over 30. Yesterday my dads boat had 2 over 30 and I had 3. Our 3rd boat had 2 as well.

Today tagged out on ling and yellow eye by 10 then non stop salmon action. Double after double of CHINOOK till tagged with 8 in hr and a bit then tagged on coho pretty much double after double. Many places can get doubles on coho all summer but not chinook like we do!! Call us ASAP for 2014 dates. Booking up unbelievably fast. Pics to come soon!

Old 07-30-2013, 11:30 PM
AO Sponsor

Limit of halibut both boats today...all mine were 50-60lbs (four of them), and lane's boat limited out on 40lbers and one 60, and released one around 160lbs!!! That's the 16th over 100lbs we have released this year!

Then salmon fished for 2 hours and limited out on Chinook and Coho. Beauty thing about fishing with us is Coho rarely are a nuisance that prevents catching Chinook...you get both!!! And today it was about 1 chinook to 1 coho, and many spots are just Chinook...so if you want the big boy you don't have to constantly wade through Coho and not get that Chinook of a lifetime.

3 tyees today as well, including a 34 and 37lb Chinook caught by our good friend Perry. That's THREE TYEES FOR PERRY IN TWO DAYS!!! From Alberta, it's his first year with us (he and Barry are a blast!!!!!!!) and they have already re booked for next year!

Pictures coming soon, promise, just so busy and little down time to upload them!

Old 08-03-2013, 09:49 PM
AO Sponsor

Fishing continues to be great. 2 boats targeted salmon today and slayed em. I targeted bottom and halibut and limits of all including 2 lingcod over 30lbs and 2 halibut over 100lbs released (110"lbs and 156lbs). Plus 25 45 60 85lb halibut. Great day!

Old 08-06-2013, 09:15 AM

AMAZING WEEK JAMIE!!!!

Ive been back for a week now and still cant stop thinking about being out on the ocean. Our group had wicked success hooking into springs, coho, pinks, hali's... not to mention my biggest fish I have ever caught!! My 37lb Ling Cod I'll be making a thread posting all the pics right away.. It was really an experience that I'm going to have to repeat again and again. Oh.. and tell Sandy I miss her meals
Old 08-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherGrrrl View Post
AMAZING WEEK JAMIE!!!!

Ive been back for a week now and still cant stop thinking about being out on the ocean. Our group had wicked success hooking into springs, coho, pinks, hali's... not to mention my biggest fish I have ever caught!! My 37lb Ling Cod I'll be making a thread posting all the pics right away.. It was really an experience that I'm going to have to repeat again and again. Oh.. and tell Sandy I miss her meals
Fisher, so glad to hear you had a great time. It's always a enjoyable trip when we get guests from this board.
Yes, Sandy does put on a great spread!
Btw, nailed another Tyee this Am. Tough to find, but we keep digging them up!

I look forward to your trip report and the story's you have to share.

See you and your group next year.

Jamie
Old 08-06-2013, 08:29 PM
AO Sponsor

Salmon fishing continues to be great. Limits of chinook every single day still and pretty easy to find, plua coho to 12lbs mixed in! Today 3 tyees caught by our guests. 2 over 40lbs broke off as well! All other chinook (18 over 3 boats) minus 2 were over 24lbs. I have to say this season is our best to date so far.

Also 2 boats halibut fished and limits were caught for both with 4 of 6 fish between 49 and 61lbs. Perfect size! These guests already rebooked and they still have 2 days left!!

Yesterday limits of chinook by 10am then limits of lingcod with 4 over 30lbs and yellow eye up to 15lbs. I LOVE MY JOB call us very soon for 2014 dates as July almost fully booked and August already is till the 9th and next guests haven't even arrived yet!

Tight lines
David

Old 08-09-2013, 11:55 PM
AO Sponsor

Some pics from last few weeks!

One boat, one day

One boat, one day

Catch and Release 110lber, also released 156lber same day

Double header Lings