Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-10-2013, 08:15 PM

Default upper and lower k lakes , and rawson lake

made it out to k counrty this weekend friday we went to upper k lake managed few small cutties. seen some huge ones in the pool where the falls enter the lake (washd out bridge). today we made the hike up to rawsone lake omg iam goin back up there hookd a 15 inch cuttie an a bunch of small ones .it one heck of a hike but deffo worth it . was there cfor an hour before hords of people started showing up . got 6 in an hour an my home made nymph/scud cross lol. the gf did manage to get one cap pic of the big one ill post when home . tryd not to handle the fish much but dam thete slipprier then a snot rocket an real scrapy up there .the whole belly was red on the big one .
Old 08-10-2013, 08:16 PM

oh ya an got one small 9 inch greylingbin wedge pond . which was awsome as i never hookd one before
Old 08-10-2013, 08:23 PM

Looks like this thread is up twice.

Congrats on your first grayling!

How was the lower lake?

If I ever draw my sword on you, may the good lord strike me dead.

Luck is just an excuse for poor fishing

B.O.G warriors for life!!! Boots On the Ground!!
Old 08-10-2013, 09:53 PM

thanks . didnt get to put a line into lower lake didnt know where to fish. the place i pland was closed due to bears.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:03 PM

Hiked up to rawson last sunday and WOW what a beautiful lake. Didn't get anything to hand but had a few bites and LOTS of follows. There was a rather LARGE family that hiked up after my wife and I had already been there for about 30 minutes and decided to setup beside me. The one guy eagerly popped a new jar of powerbait while the other 3 started setting up and getting the pickerel rigs ready. I had a feeling this was going to happen when I seen them show up so I kept me eye on them and they didn't like it to much so they decided to take a chance and try to pass me and move a little further along. Right before they passed I asked if any of them spoke English and happily they stated yes so I stated that bait isn't allowed and the response was, "we are just going to throw them back". Naturally my response was, "well yeah your gonna put them back, and your NOT gonna use bait to catch them". They did reluctantly oblige. Some people.. about 10 minutes later after discussing what to do the one fellow came up to me and asked if he could buy some of my hooks and I told him I don't want your money I just want fisherman to follow the rules, this is a beautiful place keep it that way so you and I and others can come back and enjoy it again, pulled the hook off my swivel, the one I had been getting action on and gave it to him, and then pulled a couple more hooks I was getting interest in out of my little box and said here you go, Enjoy. Hopefully its not all fished out the next time I make the 4.5 hour trip down.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:19 AM

ya a bunch of rather large group were there . i got there about 9am and there was 6 people there by 11am there was atleast 200. most without fishing rods but the rather large groups proceded up the slope behind the lake right after reading the sign out loud to stay on the trail . there gonna have to post a c/o right on that lake :-(. on another note i was at fawcett lake on the aug long weekend for first time in 25 years i seen the rather large groups in a dingy way out by island an kept everything they caught an i mean everything . i spoke to them about.it an they just did what they wanted.was going to phone rap but no cell service an never seen a c/o.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodogg02 View Post
ya a bunch of rather large group were there . i got there about 9am and there was 6 people there by 11am there was atleast 200. most without fishing rods but the rather large groups proceded up the slope behind the lake right after reading the sign out loud to stay on the trail . there gonna have to post a c/o right on that lake :-(. on another note i was at fawcett lake on the aug long weekend for first time in 25 years i seen the rather large groups in a dingy way out by island an kept everything they caught an i mean everything . i spoke to them about.it an they just did what they wanted.was going to phone rap but no cell service an never seen a c/o.
Call the rap line and let them know what you saw, describe the boat, give a license plate, etc. that way they know at least. That lakes walleye won't respond to a tag system with people still keeping eyes at will.

I proudly display a rap plate on the front of all my vehicles. And I back in so people can see it when they come in. I'm quite certain it has deterred some poaching. One can get rap plates at the boat and sportsman shows, getting new ones is one of the main reasons I still even go to the "hot dog boat and quad show"

If I ever draw my sword on you, may the good lord strike me dead.

Luck is just an excuse for poor fishing

B.O.G warriors for life!!! Boots On the Ground!!
Old 08-11-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodogg02 View Post
thanks . didnt get to put a line into lower lake didnt know where to fish. the place i pland was closed due to bears.
Are you talking about panorama, the spillway from UpperK to LowerK? It seems they're always closing that every time a grizz walks by. I find that really annoying. They close one tiny area, and that's supposed to protect us? There's bears in that area all the time! Last time we were there, they had it closed again, meanwhile Ms Grizz was quietly walking through Interlakes campground. Am I to take it that this area behind the tape is dangerous because a bear was spotted, but 50 feet outside the tape is perfectly safe?!

Just put up a sign informing us there have been bears in the area, and let us decide if we want to fish it or not. Getting so tired of every path, bike trail, and fishing spot getting that damn yellow ribbon just because *gasp*, there's been a bear siting. News flash Alberta SRD; there's always bears around...we don't need little yellow ribbons to "protect" us.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:07 AM

ya thats the area that was closed . the c/o i seen on sat said theres been 4 grizz an 2 black bear spoted at the point campground on upper lake . seen 2 canoes with kids going camping there .thought it strange they allowed.to camp but i cant fish an area that a bear was spoted .iam deff going back there but taking the lund next time