Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-01-2013, 09:43 AM

Default Scramble for Global Warming Alarmists continues

UK is in the coldest snap since the 1960s. Blame...Global warming... Apparently warming causes cooling.

But now... some scientists...getting paid to link everything to global warming is saying the growth in sea ice in the Antarctic is caused by...you guessed it...global warming.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21991487

They call it peer reviewed...but I wonder which peers they hand selected for this bad boy. LOL

We all know peer reviewing is the biggest scam as outlined out of the MET fiasco.

So all of this says what? That they know squat. They try and jury rig reasons to blame global warming for both shrinking ice in the Arctic and melting ice in the Antarctic.

I eagerly await the pro global warming alarmists chiming in on this one.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 04-01-2013, 10:47 AM

There may be some apparent discrepancies in the data, but it can probably be explained by ozone depletion in Antarctic caused by reckless use of hydrogen dioxide in hydraulic fracturing for shale gas.

Or some other grant bringing BS
Old 04-01-2013, 10:49 AM

Climate change. Gotta love how global warming has been changed to climate shift.

Something is happening on our planet and the climate is changing.

But then again, geology and paleotonology has told us this has happened before. Now is it accelerated by something we're doing or not doing?

That's the question I'd sincerely like to answer.

Stupidity is taxable and sometimes I get to be the collector.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:41 AM

GMO"s are causing it all.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:52 AM

Global cooling experts from the 70's..let's just say my snow suit has finally given way of the moths that i never got to wear thanks to mr.scientists and their cooling guarantees. Now it's all about heat.
Every 30yrs i figure they flip flop wilst raking in untold monies.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:03 PM

And then there's this....

John Coleman Debunks the Myth of Global Warming

A quick search on youtube for "global warming myth" produces some things to ponder....

Anyone up for creating the next money making scheme? LOL.

Tax anything that moves or is created, all for the sake of "saving" the environment.... Soon someone somewhere will suggest a tax on breathing because you're using precious oxygen....

That's why I drive a diesel!!!

J.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekanik View Post
Climate change. Gotta love how global warming has been changed to climate shift.

Something is happening on our planet and the climate is changing.

But then again, geology and paleotonology has told us this has happened before. Now is it accelerated by something we're doing or not doing?

That's the question I'd sincerely like to answer.
Have you ever wondered what the "CC" in "IPCC" stands for?

It always has been the same.... no changes were ever made.

Some people confuse climate with weather. They are not the same. There HAS been global warming before, however, this is the first time that CO2 increased BEFORE the warming occurred, not afterwards.

Any idea why that might be?
Old 04-01-2013, 12:11 PM

Tell my bud, a member of the board of Climate Change Central, that ship has sailed and is long one. Gonna take a while yet, but the rhetoric is fading fast and a lot of lip service paid, but no action, which is good. Let's just deal with some real problems, like overpopulation.

Grizz
Old 04-03-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post

Some people confuse climate with weather. They are not the same. There HAS been global warming before, however, this is the first time that CO2 increased BEFORE the warming occurred, not afterwards.

Thank you AVB3
Old 04-04-2013, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post

Stellar post!
Old 04-04-2013, 05:04 AM

penguin farts ... due to the enviromentally fragile climate of the north and south poles even small amounts of methane can cause catastrophic (sp?) results. send money to me and i'll buy beano for the little guys.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:29 AM

We don't have penguins in the arctic. Maybe its the polar bear farts. Nuke the penguins and the polar bears. If it saves just one life its worth it.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:53 AM

[QUOTE=Sundancefisher;1911784]UK is in the coldest snap since the 1960s. Blame...Global warming... Apparently warming causes cooling.

But now... some scientists...getting paid to link everything to global warming is saying the growth in sea ice in the Antarctic is caused by...you guessed it...global warming.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21991487

They call it peer reviewed...but I wonder which peers they hand selected for this bad boy. LOL

We all know peer reviewing is the biggest scam as outlined out of the MET fiasco.

So all of this says what? That they know squat. They try and jury rig reasons to blame global warming for both shrinking ice in the Arctic and melting ice in the Antarctic.

I eagerly await the pro global warming alarmists chiming in on this

hahaha, any time there is a cold snap you always hear some one go "duuuurrrr if global warming were true how come its soo cold"?

Apperantly most people are UNaware that the worlds oceans control climate and they have currents which flow in very distinct patterns. Most of Europe enjoys a temperate climate that can support agriculture because of the gulf stream.... an ocean current which brings warm water to the north up along the western seaboard of Europe, west up and kinda back down by Greenland Iceland then down the eastern seaboard of the north American continent.

Countrys like Norway etc are on the same latitude as yellowknife yet have climate similar to central bc. Northern Europe (UK, Sweden, Scotland, etc) should by all means be bitterly cold and lousy places to live.

Gulf stream current is affected by the salinity of the water in the area where it performs a sinking down dip in flow some where up and around green land. The saltier the water the better the current flows because salty water is heavier and allows the current to go deep and continue on its path.

Excess freshwater run off from melting ice into the ocean around Greenland reduces salinity in the area which affects the ability of the gulfstream to sink before it travels along the eartern seaboard of north America. More fresh water=lighter water.

The ability of the gulfstream to sink and flow in the arctic controls its flow.... The colder it is up north the better this current will flow because the water stays nice and salty which ironically keeps Europe warmer. If the ice packs in Greenland melt and disrupt the current it gets colder in Europe.

The earth has a nice evenly distrubuted climate because of ocean currents.

The usuble atmosphere where most oxygen, nitrogen, co2 hangs around is only 70-90kms from the ground up. So look up in the sky and that is all ths space we have to pollute, really wont take that long when we burn 27 billion barrels of oil per year and 5 billion tonnes of coal, plus Thirteen trillion cubic feet of natural gas.

It might matter if you have kids but other than that who cares haha
Old 04-04-2013, 09:32 AM

Global Warming...what a bunch of crap,they have been pushing that down our gullible throats for far to long now...it's actually natural evolution which has been going on since before time started,the speed up of this process is not really a speed up..just naturally occurring at it's own pace...yes we are seeing different bugs,birds,wildlife..etc....everything is migrating to the north..even the wild free range buffalo are moving further north towards Yellowknife due to looking for some colder weather. The earth has been knocked just alittle off it's axis which would play a major role in tides,weather,climate change..and that accounts for all the movement of these new creatures we see...they just didn't appear out of a fog..they were always there..just hadn't got here yet.
Maybe just maybe..all our pollution is speeding things up..but i say no to that..."Global warming" is just another new term for natural evolution. IMHO!

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 04-04-2013, 06:27 PM

Every time I go to the Rockies, I think about the fact that ONLY 9000 years ago there was a mile thick sheet of ice covering the whole works. Global warming is a good thing.

Grizz
Old 04-04-2013, 06:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Every time I go to the Rockies, I think about the fact that ONLY 9000 years ago there was a mile thick sheet of ice covering the whole works. Global warming is a good thing.

Grizz

I think Mr. Elk will agree with you
Old 04-04-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantonsen View Post
Most of Europe enjoys a temperate climate that can support agriculture because of the gulf stream.... an ocean current which brings warm water to the north up along the western seaboard of Europe, west up and kinda back down by Greenland Iceland then down the eastern seaboard of the north American continent.
I think you reversed the flow of the gulf stream. No wonder it's so damn cold .
Old 04-04-2013, 11:29 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Zip;1915925]Global Warming...what a bunch of crap,they have been pushing that down our gullible throats for far to long now...]

Like .... we are running out of oil?
Old 04-04-2013, 11:43 PM

Default warming/cooling geological time frame

If 50000 years from now and mankind is still here, WE will be the cave men that only had DSL internet and fossil fuel transportation. By then they will probably care just about as much about what we did as I do about what some cro-magnon man did. Buy a coat or an air conditioner and live in the here and now..
Old 04-05-2013, 12:51 AM

[QUOTE=pesky672;1916886]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
Global Warming...what a bunch of crap,they have been pushing that down our gullible throats for far to long now...]

Like .... we are running out of oil?
Yes pesky672....same tune different song is all!

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 04-05-2013, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lattery1 View Post
If 50000 years from now and mankind is still here, WE will be the cave men that only had DSL internet and fossil fuel transportation. By then they will probably care just about as much about what we did as I do about what some cro-magnon man did. Buy a coat or an air conditioner and live in the here and now..
I choose the air conditioner...and a warmer climate while i am at it.

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 04-05-2013, 09:00 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=Zip;1916910]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesky672 View Post

Yes pesky672....same tune different song is all!
My take on this is that climate change is occuring and that includes global warming.
Its likely a natural event overall but to suggest that we have not impacted upon it is pretty naive.
The degree to which we have impacted is arguable but it is also of little importance.
What matters now is ahead of us and not in the past.

While everyone squabbles about cause and effect they miss the point.
Warming is occuring.
The reasons why are less important than how we deal with events beyond our immediate control in the future.

Oil.... will eventually be beyond our reach as well.

Will we wait until it is to move foreward with technology or will we fudge like we always have by essentiallly rationing it?
Fuel prices have gone up... milage has improved but consumption remains more constant.
The end result is basically... no real big picture improvement in the last 20 or 30 years.

Pollution...specifically Lead was the rage a few years back.
We stopped adding it to fuel and prices went up.

Perhaps it would have been better to have maintained the status quo then and add a conservation tax which could have been poured into research.

Now people play the carbon tax game but what good does that do?
Its a shell game and does nothing to address the real issues.

Its like closing the door after the cow has left the barn when what is really needed now is a fence.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:00 AM

Default everyones an expert!

One of the things about this subject is that everyone's got an opinion. Based on their grade 12 science education!
My self included.
Imagine how obsurd it would be if we all spouted off about string theory, quantum physics, etc......
Old 04-05-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekan View Post
One of the things about this subject is that everyone's got an opinion. Based on their grade 12 science education!
My self included.
Imagine how obsurd it would be if we all spouted off about string theory, quantum physics, etc......
Awww now you went and wrecked a perfectly good thread with all those big words...and what you mean grade 12 science education?? I think i missed all that..or at least i cant remember now it's been so long...either way,you are right...the opinions can be varied on this topic as well as many other topics on here.

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 04-05-2013, 11:26 AM

[QUOTE=pesky672;1917086]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post

My take on this is that climate change is occuring and that includes global warming.
Its likely a natural event overall but to suggest that we have not impacted upon it is pretty naive.
The degree to which we have impacted is arguable but it is also of little importance.
What matters now is ahead of us and not in the past.

While everyone squabbles about cause and effect they miss the point.
Warming is occuring.
The reasons why are less important than how we deal with events beyond our immediate control in the future.

Oil.... will eventually be beyond our reach as well.

Will we wait until it is to move foreward with technology or will we fudge like we always have by essentiallly rationing it?
Fuel prices have gone up... milage has improved but consumption remains more constant.
The end result is basically... no real big picture improvement in the last 20 or 30 years.

Pollution...specifically Lead was the rage a few years back.
We stopped adding it to fuel and prices went up.

Perhaps it would have been better to have maintained the status quo then and add a conservation tax which could have been poured into research.

Now people play the carbon tax game but what good does that do?
Its a shell game and does nothing to address the real issues.

Its like closing the door after the cow has left the barn when what is really needed now is a fence.
Pesky672..i think you are on to something here,makes good sense...good post!

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip