Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

View Poll Results: What brand do you shoot?
Hoyt 39 19.90%
Mathews 35 17.86%
PSE 39 19.90%
BowTech 57 29.08%
Athens 3 1.53%
APA 23 11.73%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear416 View Post
I shoot Hoyt..

Because im the best so I want to use the best..

I also trust my life to them..

And thats no guff..

Oh Jeff....LOL.

OK, I'm only the second best, because Jeff has now taken over the Top Dawg spot apparently, but I am on my fourth Hoyt now. I have had the Lasertec, two Vtecs, and now have a CRX32....what can I say about them, they work for me. From the first one I picked up, they fit my had the best, I love the balance and 'feel' of them. The new CRX is one sweet drawing, fast, vibration free and QUIET! bow. Never had an issue with any of my Hoyts, ever. Having said that, I came very close to getting the Bowtech Invasion instead of the Hoyt, it was a close call. That is a very nice bow too. Mathews makes a good bow too, but they just never felt right in my hand, either the grip or the balance. I actually had a z7 I took on trade from Spurly, but it wasn't for me, and now a good buddy of mine is shooting it.....anyway. What fits for you is the 'best' bow for you. They all have their own personalities for sure. I shot most of the new APA bows as well when I was shopping this past spring, Quest, PSE, a few others I can't remember. Only the Bowtech came close to changing my mind, and for sure part of sticking with Hoyt is brand loyalty. But I did try all of em before I bought....

The Best. Like Jeff said......

Edit: The only thing I didn't like about the new Hoyt CRX was the grip on it, the '180'. Couldn't love the rubber feel of it, but my brown laminate grip on my VTec fit perfectly, so I swapped them and now my buddy is shooting the VTEc with a new grip, and I'm shooting with my oh so comfy wood grip that I love so well......

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 01-18-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:49 PM

when i was getting back into it, i just went to the range/bowshop and tried every style/brand they had to see what was comfortable i didnt look at price or brand. my best groupings was with mathews Z7 so i bought it and since then ive put a arrow through a black bear and a WT doe. hopefully moose next year
Old 01-21-2012, 04:33 PM

I shoot a Hoyt. Why? Because in the last 18 years of shooting a Hoyt bow, they have not let me down. Nothing has broke or needed warranty . Other parts on my bow that were not Hoyt have broke or failed, but not the bow. I had a so called friend dry fire one. The bow was fine, but it needed a new string. I have shot some 3d, lots small game, lots of practice and enough P&Y animals to say they won't let you down either. So that's why I just bought one more! The new Carbon Matrix 35" 65lbs and 30"length. This bow is so sweet! I love the way it feels, it's so smooth to draw and shoot. Yesterday in this cold weather it's not cold in your hand, like my old one. I suspect it's going to be great on stand. Shoots awesome groups. I am sure, I will be laying it beside a P&Y animal soon! I can't wait. Try one, you won't be disappointed.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:11 PM

accoridng to the stats looks like bowtech takes the lead
Old 02-08-2012, 06:48 PM

Just got new Botech Insanity and its an awesome shooting bow,fast, smooth and confortable. But you should try all types to see what suits you and what feels good in your hand
Old 02-08-2012, 07:21 PM

I shoot an APA ViperV7. Shot everything else and liked them all but the APA ViperV7 choose me. I love it and they stand behind there product.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:54 PM

Still shooting my mattews Outback she's never let me down, smooth flat and 315 fps. I've harvested moose and whiteys with it.never let me down.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:20 PM

For me it was either a Matthews or an APA. But what I like everyone else might hate.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:47 PM

I am currently shooting a bowtech for no particular reason. Just because.