Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetick View Post
40 years and experience with a multitude of bows arrows and different rest makes me positive I'm no amateur and yet I'm no professional ,I'm just a good bow hunter that knows what works best for me and would definitely be best for a new guy hunting .
stop with your BS
40 years experience eh? Well show a little respect to people on here. You sir are the problem with this forum.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
I Spot and stalk lots...never had to use a biscuit lol. Shocking I know! I also have all the gear to properly tune a bow.

LC
I don’t have all the gear or all the know how to properly tune a bow but that’s why I go to the shops where the guys that know what they are doing help me out and my drop away works perfect As long as I do my job!
Old 01-30-2018, 10:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kw12 View Post
I don’t have all the gear or all the know how to properly tune a bow but that’s why I go to the shops where the guys that know what they are doing help me out and my drop away works perfect As long as I do my job!
Agreed fully, it's the same discussion as fixed vs mechanical broad heads really, know your equipment and do what you trained for and I doubt the animals will know the difference in the end
Old 01-30-2018, 11:27 AM

Quote:
40 years experience eh? Well show a little respect to people on here. You sir are the problem with this forum.
I am showing respect in every fashion and I know you are an amateur as you offer invalid advice so consider yourself schooled .
I believe you may have some experience though I question how much and you state you have hunted and killed many animals ,I also question the validity of this as well .
Old 01-30-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
I Spot and stalk lots...never had to use a biscuit lol. Shocking I know! I also have all the gear to properly tune a bow.

LC
Never had to use or ever wanted to use ,and you say there has never in your experience where an arrow had dropped or caused issued ? I call BS if you have hunted this long with a drop away .
Its usually preference ,I hunt big and small game with the bow and when you have to get into thick of **** there is no way a drop away or similar rest compare to a biscuit .
Old 01-30-2018, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHLANDER HUNTING View Post
I'm all about the KISS principal. So I've been thinking about using a Whisker Biscuit on the new bow I'm getting.
I want to shoot out to 60 yards and just wonder if they effect arrow flight/accuracy at all?

Cheers.
John
https://highlanderhunting.wordpress.com/
Shoot it and see ,you are your own worst factor with any type of gear you use <just make sure you have the right rest to the arrow you shoot .
not the best rest but the easiest to use .
you can shoot your limit comfortably .
be your own judge is my best advice .
Old 01-30-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
I am showing respect in every fashion and I know you are an amateur as you offer invalid advice so consider yourself schooled .
I believe you may have some experience though I question how much and you state you have hunted and killed many animals ,I also question the validity of this as well .
Haha I got nothing to prove to you about what I have and have not killed over the years. Invalid advice how so? I have given my opinion and experience about the equipment I use and choose to use so please explain how I’ve given invalid advice? To each of there own use whatever your comfortable with. So don’t sit there on your high horse 40 years experience and try and **** on other people’s comments. Sorry your life’s that sad you need to come on a Internet forum and stir the pot. You want to continue this you know how to private message. Rant over sorry to op for the derailed comments.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Haha I got nothing to prove to you about what I have and have not killed over the years. Invalid advice how so? I have given my opinion and experience about the equipment I use and choose to use so please explain how I’ve given invalid advice? To each of there own use whatever your comfortable with. So don’t sit there on your high horse 40 years experience and try and **** on other people’s comments. Sorry your life’s that sad you need to come on a Internet forum and stir the pot. You want to continue this you know how to private message. Rant over sorry to op for the derailed comments.
lol yes I can only laugh at this type of behavior , rolmfao
Old 01-30-2018, 01:13 PM

I love the whisker biscuit........ it is awesome for scrubbing the blood off my arrow once I have knocked down an animal with my QAD equipped Darton.

About once year we get a "jack wad" on the Archery Forum that likes to try and turn this into the likes of the General Discussion section. They usually don't last long as they will eventually sober up......
Old 01-30-2018, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
I love the whisker biscuit........ it is awesome for scrubbing the blood off my arrow once I have knocked down an animal with my QAD equipped Darton.

About once year we get a "jack wad" on the Archery Forum that likes to try and turn this into the likes of the General Discussion section. They usually don't last long as they will eventually sober up......
perfect response right there.......all I can say is, one person I wouldn't question about his experience with archery equipment and hunting is Lefty....so I guess that means we give bluetick a 'Fail'.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-30-2018, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Never had to use or ever wanted to use ,and you say there has never in your experience where an arrow had dropped or caused issued ? I call BS if you have hunted this long with a drop away .
Its usually preference ,I hunt big and small game with the bow and when you have to get into thick of **** there is no way a drop away or similar rest compare to a biscuit .
Lol, call BS all you want. I used to use a Premier fixed rest and then switched to drop always....yup you heard it NEVER had an issue with a drop away while
hunting. Only issue I had with a drop away was my own setup error, and that was during 3D competition.

I shoot about 4 days a week across 2-3 Bows at any given time and I compete regularly. If you keep your gear tuned and know how to set it up...then your chance of failure is lessened.

I have however seen WB cause issues over time as the whiskers weaken and wear, then require replacement.

LC
Old 01-30-2018, 07:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Lol, call BS all you want. I used to use a Premier fixed rest and then switched to drop always....yup you heard it NEVER had an issue with a drop away while
hunting. Only issue I had with a drop away was my own setup error, and that was during 3D competition.

I shoot about 4 days a week across 2-3 Bows at any given time and I compete regularly. If you keep your gear tuned and know how to set it up...then your chance of failure is lessened.

I have however seen WB cause issues over time as the whiskers weaken and wear, then require replacement.

LC
But lefty he said its not possible to have them not fail you need a whisker biscuit thats the only eay no archer will ever fail lol
Old 01-30-2018, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicktricker View Post
But lefty he said its not possible to have them not fail you need a whisker biscuit thats the only eay no archer will ever fail lol

When I head to Vegas next week to shoot I bet I can count on one hand how many WB are on the line. I'll wander over to where the Championship class shoots are held and let you know how many on that line are using it too. I mean something so good should be on every target bow in the country...especially the Pros bows.

LC
Old 01-30-2018, 07:38 PM

I think he passed out......
Old 01-30-2018, 07:40 PM
Banned

As i stated earlier the biscuit fans are like mathews shooters they think nothings better then them. I went to trophy book archery with dad Saturday and the owners ignorant attitude toward anything mathews is reason i spent 2 grand at jim bows
Old 01-30-2018, 07:46 PM

Just wanted to say, best of luck to you in Vegas Lefty. Not that I'm a big believer in luck, and not that somebody with your skill set relies on luck....but all the same, I really hope to see you shoot your way into the money! You got this!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-30-2018, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Just wanted to say, best of luck to you in Vegas Lefty. Not that I'm a big believer in luck, and not that somebody with your skill set relies on luck....but all the same, I really hope to see you shoot your way into the money! You got this!
Lol, thanks for the vote of confidence buddy! If I finish in the top 200-300 I am happy!

Target shooting is fairly new to me, I did manage to squeak a 300 the other day. Hoping I can pull off some decent scores there.

If anyone has a chance to go to the shoot I highly recommend it, you don't know pressure on the line till you shoot there.

LC
Old 01-30-2018, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Lol, thanks for the vote of confidence buddy! If I finish in the top 200-300 I am happy!

Target shooting is fairly new to me, I did manage to squeak a 300 the other day. Hoping I can pull off some decent scores there.

If anyone has a chance to go to the shoot I highly recommend it, you don't know pressure on the line till you shoot there.

LC
Believe!! Top 50 Buddy, you got this!!! Ohh rah!!

Old 01-30-2018, 09:52 PM

I wrecked a lot of fletching with a whisker biscuit now I shoot qad
Old 01-30-2018, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bezzola View Post
I wrecked a lot of fletching with a whisker biscuit now I shoot qad
Yep. Shot a WB for a few years and was amazed at the fuzzy fletchings after a season of practice and hunting. It's certainly foolproof but you can't beat a good fully enclosed drop away. Especially the ones that are limb driven and don't need to be reset. Load and forget.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:33 AM

Quote:

When I head to Vegas next week to shoot I bet I can count on one hand how many WB are on the line. I'll wander over to where the Championship class shoots are held and let you know how many on that line are using it too. I mean something so good should be on every target bow in the country...especially the Pros bows.

LC
No hadn't passed out Brandons Dad ,
If there wasn't so many arrogant dick wads on here that cant read !
I stated use biscuit to hunt if you want to compete do not use a biscuit, Get the fact straight , and I didn't judge your shooting abilities I questioned your truth about never having an issue in the field . You say never and I say BS still , we can all praise our abilities Lets get to the facts of the OP question and stop boasting ! he wants to know if he can shoot 60 and still be ok .
Opinions are great though not all are correct or accurate .

Hail the hero LC man are we full of ourselves
Old 01-31-2018, 12:36 PM

Quote:
I stated use biscuit to hunt if you want to compete do not use a biscuit, Get the fact straight , and I didn't judge your shooting abilities I questioned your truth about never having an issue in the field . You say never and I say BS still , we can all praise our abilities Lets get to the facts of the OP question and stop boasting ! he wants to know if he can shoot 60 and still be ok .

Because you call BS...it must be BS, I guess my personal experience means squat. Point out exactly where I was boasting? I said I compete..never said I win lol.

Lol not even worth the response. Your stay here will be short I would imagine. Such a wealth of knowledge...and so good at getting a point across....comprehension is not your strong suit.
Old 01-31-2018, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Because you call BS...it must be BS, I guess my personal experience means squat. Point out exactly where I was boasting? I said I compete..never said I win lol.

Lol not even worth the response. Your stay here will be short I would imagine. Such a wealth of knowledge...and so good at getting a point across....comprehension is not your strong suit.
My stay will be short for what reason ? because I do not kneel and bow to the heros of this site .
Comprehension ? I state a fact and you wonder off on a rant about biscuits at your Vegas shoot to make me look like an idiot when in fact if you were to actually read the post you would have COMPREHENDED the comment and its meaning.
DO NOT SHOOT A BISCUIT TO COMPETE can you comprehend that or is your horse too high to see down this far ?
When I'm in Vegas next week ill be sure to drop by to see how its done I guess

Last edited by bluetick; 01-31-2018 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:10 PM

Quote:

So why do bother logging in. Why not take your experience and vast knowledge to more deserving and intelligent audience and leave us to our flawed ways.

Good luck in Vegas, whether it's for the shoot or a pie eating contest, I hope you have a great time!

Last edited by brendan's dad; 01-31-2018 at 04:31 PM.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:37 PM

My long time friend and I both use WB's for Harvesting critters and target practic.

We've been using them for 8+ years with out any problems so far.
My friend switched over to the drop away last year, then switched back to the WB from here on in,,, I've tried many styles of rests over the years. They worked ok, but I needed something easy to work with and simple.

My compound bow will have a WB on it until I retire from archey, it's just simple to use.

Both rests have their place, that's the fun thing about archery, finding what best suits the person and building off of that.

Good luck in finding what works, I'm pretty happy using the frugal set-up I have,,, that's what really counts.

Don
Old 01-31-2018, 05:40 PM

Why because you come off both barrels firing tossing out insults...calling people names because they have a different opinion that's why.

Can you have a simple conversation without being a knob? I don't have to try to make you look like an idiot, you get that base covered on your own

If you can tone down your rhetoric it goes a long way.

I make a statement based on my personal experience, and you call BS...ok based on what?

You shared your experience I shared mine they differ...big deal. BUT you gotta up the ante by getting belligerent....that's why your stay may be short.

You love the ugly cookie we get it...

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 01-31-2018 at 05:56 PM.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Why because you come off both barrels firing tossing out insults...calling people names because they have a different opinion that's why.

Can you have a simple conversation without being a knob? I don't have to try to make you look like an idiot, you get that base covered on your own

If you can tone down your rhetoric it goes a long way.

I make a statement based on my personal experience, and you call BS...ok based on what?

You shared your experience I shared mine they differ...big deal. BUT you gotta up the ante by getting belligerent....that's why your stay may be short.

You love the ugly cookie we get it...

LC
Go back and read the post and see who attacked who , I have been getting threatening and name calling PMs as well from some of you folks that seem to believe if they have shot a bow for 2 years they know more than the guy shooting 40 years .
Bullies that couldn't stand up in a crowd but can stand out behind a keyboard .
read your own post and tell me where your knowledge doesn't come off arrogant and belittling talking about your Vegas and being on the pro line looking for biscuits , really ????.
It seems once again a post has to turn into a LC highlight

Last edited by Morbius131; 02-02-2018 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
So why do bother logging in. Why not take your experience and vast knowledge to more deserving and intelligent audience and leave us to our flawed ways.

Good luck in Vegas, whether it's for the shoot or a pie eating contest, I hope you have a great time!
LOL you definitely have a way with words Brandons dad . you have not one word of advice yet you post an opinion about others comments , WoW are WE BORED OR WHAT .
I offered proper advice and have been ridiculed for doing so ,after I call BS on one post when I know in fact the drop away has issues while hunting and stalking game in the field .
When you have some more experience to share by all mean please do so , if its only to attack me think first and type later .
I just love this forum for its brilliance and yet young experience and then the wanna be just jump right out , Probably why most users from the past have left it .
Old 02-01-2018, 07:48 AM

You are the one calling BS on EVERYONE and touting 40 years experience...calling people amateurs....blah blah blah lol.

Enjoy your biscuits

Went back and read...this was the first direct post between us....you calling my experience BS. So thanks for reaffirming what I stated already. I said never had I ever had an issue with a drop away hunting, I still stand by that. If I did...I wouldn't still be using it. I hunt from stands, blinds, spot and stalk equally. Never felt or had the need to change what works for me.

We get it...no hunter ever in the history of time has business using a drop away rest if they ever spot and stalk...biscuits for all! If they do they will be plagued with too many issues to count and will be driven mad by their inability to get it to work well.

Quote:
You are right about one thing ...nothing compares to a biscuit! Why? Because There are way better options out there

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 02-01-2018 at 08:17 AM.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:19 AM

**** dude !!!!! I called BS on you only and yet you accuse me of calling BS on everyone ?????
And yes 40 years of shooting and hunting with archery equipment ,never once said I was an expert or the best only stated the length of time I have been experienced , Didn't boast and yes called amateurs as the way I see it is , I know for a fact some comments here came from amateurs with little experience with different equipment .
THIS WAS ABOUT A BICUIT AND ACCURACY AT 60 YARDS NOT ABOUT YOU !

Quote :: I Spot and stalk lots...never had to use a biscuit lol. Shocking I know! I also have all the gear to properly tune a bow.

You have all the gear to properly tune a bow ?
so this makes the biscuit useless and they should in fact take the garbage off the market where in fact most professional hunters use such a tool .
Looks like drop away is the big winner <though if not properly tuned its a waste of time and in fact can become very useless when things go out of tune ,doesn't take much to knock a drop away out of commission when your in thick brush or buck brush .
Not too many mechanical components in a biscuit for a new hunter to screw up or with
Closed Thread