Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-17-2014, 08:42 PM

Default Headed to Keeley Lake on Sunday

I am headed out to Keeley Lake fishing on Sunday for a week and just wondering if anyone has been there yet this year and how where your results?

We are planning on a day at Canoe Lake and then going to take in a day at either Fern or Atchison Lake for some trout as it was recommended if it is still good fishing.

I realize a week of fishing is better than any day in the office at work but catching fishing always makes a better trip and happy people.

Any feedback would be great..

thanks
Old 07-20-2014, 11:54 AM

Are you planning on dipping a line into Fern? Let me know how you do please.been a long time since I have been there and want to go back
Old 07-20-2014, 05:45 PM

Don't waste your day at Canoe, fishing is far from what it used to be. The rest are still producing good.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
I am headed out to Keeley Lake fishing on Sunday for a week and just wondering if anyone has been there yet this year and how where your results?

We are planning on a day at Canoe Lake and then going to take in a day at either Fern or Atchison Lake for some trout as it was recommended if it is still good fishing.

I realize a week of fishing is better than any day in the office at work but catching fishing always makes a better trip and happy people.

Any feedback would be great..

thanks
Canoe used to be good, about 8 years ago...
Old 07-22-2014, 09:52 AM

Default Current Keeley Lake Report

We are currently at Keeley Lake andthe fishing is pretty awesome.... we are catching lots of Walleye, some really nice ones as well. We are having trouble finding the larger Notherns but we have 5 more days on the lake.

We are fishing Fern tomorrow for trout so I will post the result, I hear they are in deep waters now so it could be interesting fishing out of a Zodiac.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:23 PM

How was fishing at fern?
Old 07-23-2014, 09:44 PM

Buckkiller is right Canoe is not worth the drive Walleye are very hard to find and when you do find them they will only be about 45cm Jacks bite ok but in 3 days last year I could not hook one over 3lbs Kelley was good Last year the walleye we caught where 55-60 ish and fat
Old 07-25-2014, 07:34 AM

Cruiser were you in the non modern cabins? Seen a truck there with a zodiac. We were in the motel. Walleye fishing was awesome. How did you make out at fern?
Old 07-28-2014, 11:01 AM

If it was a black truck, then yep,,that was us in the non modern cabins. I would have to agree that the walleye and pike fishing was fantasic but we never caught any double digit fish.

Fern Lake was very susessful. We went out one morning and caught 7 really nice splake trout. I will be taking the Zodiac back there again on our next trip.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:35 AM

Just forget Canoe all together. Keeley is producing not sure about Fern, but why fish there when your at Keeley? You can always catch trout in Alberta.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:51 AM

Cruiser, those were beauty looking splake, that was me and my buddy who took the pic of you with your fish at keeley. We ended up spending our last few days learning the lakes in meadow lake pp. fishing was okay, nothing to brag about. on the way home we snapped a leaf spring on the trailer which put a rather sour taste in the mouth.