Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-21-2014, 07:45 PM

Default My Lund 1700 travel cover is worn out

Just wondering if anyone in Alberta is making boat specific tarps not generic.
I know there is a few different material to use anyone have suggestions an why.
And who made it for you or at least supplied it.
Thx
sst
Old 07-21-2014, 09:34 PM

did it wear out from the button snaps on the top of the wind shield, mine stsrted to wear after 2 trips I used a pool noodle to fix the problem cut a slit in it and stick it onto the top of wind shield . if that's what happen this will help with your next cover,
Old 07-21-2014, 09:48 PM

Default new

No this is actually worn out its been on the boat 8 yrs and has been really good
its weathered bad over the years and is paper thin now....
Time for a replacement.
sst
Old 07-21-2014, 09:53 PM

C&M Upholstery in Edmonton used to do all the lund boats for rainbow marine. That's where I got my from in 2005 and still used them for repair work. There are always boats lined up on the street getting fitted for new traps.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:09 PM

Another Option - Wayne's Upholstery - they do very good work ............ I have used them for travel covers and canopy components - all the work was of high quality.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:09 AM

The French guy from Waynes that did most of the boat work started up his own gig about a year ago. Artisan Upholstery is on Hwy 14 right before the Ministik store, i think he's setup for mobile as well.

He did mine last year and quality was first rate.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:47 AM

Purchased a travel cover for my Alumacraft 1750 Trophy Sport from Carver in the US. Total cost $750.00 Cdn if you get it shipped U S postal service---includes shipping--GST and no brokerage fees--perfect fit--excellent fabric(I went for the most expensive fabric) Called Wayne's Upholstery and they wanted $1400.00. Just google Carver Boat Covers and fill out the Questionair---Manufacturer, model, motor, with or without kicker and you're done--expect about 3 weeks for shipping---extremely pleased with mine although it is only about 1 month old.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:21 AM

You might try Denham Awning in Saskatoon. Give them the particulars of the boat that you have and they will give you a quote that includes deliverey. I had them replace the custom travel tarp on my 17 ft. Sylvan Pro Fisherman and am very pleased with their product.
http://www.denhamawning.ca/
Old 07-22-2014, 08:33 AM

Check out Taylor Made online. I got mine there 6 years ago, still like new. They are custom made for any boat and fit like a glove. I got mine in a week or so. It cost half of one from the city and did not need the boat for measurements. There are lots of dealers, forget which one I used. Any color, great material
Old 07-22-2014, 09:32 AM

Default Boat Mart in Red Deer

I bought a custom tarp from there 4 or 5 years ago, and it's held up very well. Mine isn't snap on, but I think they make those too.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:57 PM

Default Boat Tarp

Quote:
Originally Posted by trowland View Post
You might try Denham Awning in Saskatoon. Give them the particulars of the boat that you have and they will give you a quote that includes deliverey. I had them replace the custom travel tarp on my 17 ft. Sylvan Pro Fisherman and am very pleased with their product.
http://www.denhamawning.ca/
I had a tarp made from Denham in Saskatoon, they did an excellent job and quick. I shopped around Edm. best price I could find for my 1850 Crestliner was $1400 and at least 5 weeks for delivery, Denham was 3 days and $550 and a perfect fit. The tarp has been on it for 3 years and still looks like new. Fishhawk 1850
Old 07-22-2014, 08:49 PM

Thnx guys exactually what I was after, Im going to talk to a few of them tomorrow.
sst
Old 07-25-2014, 03:26 PM

Default Boat Cover

Had mine custom made by ALBERTA TENT AND AWNING in Calgary. My cover was made with a material called UMBRELL. Made for the outdoors. They reinforced all the points that could possibly cause wear by doubling up the material. Windshield, back corners, front tip (bow), right and left handrails, downrigger brackets and anything else that sticks up. Your type of material will affect your cost. My cover also covers my outboard for travel. The unit is a 17ft. Sylvan Pro Fish with a Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
Old 07-25-2014, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Another Option - Wayne's Upholstery - they do very good work ............ I have used them for travel covers and canopy components - all the work was of high quality.
X2! Wayne's made me a custom cover for my freighter canoe out of DuPont Top Gun. I couldn't' be happier with it. Top Gun is extremely tough and weather resistant.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:07 PM

I'm a big fan of Top Gun fabric for boat covers. Most shops will try to sell you on Sunbrella or something similar. It doesn't compare to Top Gun. Buy the thickest option you can afford, in the lightest color available, and it will last a decade of hard use at least.