Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-24-2014, 02:36 PM

Default faust dock slave lake???

faust dock is anyone catching there? i don't have a boat for the long weekend and will be by shaws point and need a place to fish from.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:38 PM

I've caught a ton of eyes in the entrances to the marinas at last light in Shane's point campground!!shallow water bounce a jig back to ya!!then you can go watch all the people at the fish cleaning station butcher an waste boatloads of walleye after they jammed every possible person in the boat they could just to keep fish!!!have fun!
Old 07-25-2014, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman160 View Post
I've caught a ton of eyes in the entrances to the marinas at last light in Shane's point campground!!shallow water bounce a jig back to ya!!then you can go watch all the people at the fish cleaning station butcher an waste boatloads of walleye after they jammed every possible person in the boat they could just to keep fish!!!have fun!
Waste? Filled a boat with lincenced fishermen? Sounds like u have your problems mixed up. Slave uses / needs a healthy amount of licenced fisherman, and has for years to keep the walleye population in check and now were still able to keep a few bigger ones (produced with more forage available with population control)
Well managed fishery if u ask me
Old 07-25-2014, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxcore View Post
Waste? Filled a boat with lincenced fishermen? Sounds like u have your problems mixed up. Slave uses / needs a healthy amount of licenced fisherman, and has for years to keep the walleye population in check and now were still able to keep a few bigger ones (produced with more forage available with population control)
Well managed fishery if u ask me
X2..... Been like that many years and still a fine fishery.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:04 AM

I watched many people attempt to clean fish with some sort of steak knife looking thing an more fish meat went into the garburator then was left on the fillet an when I kindly asked if they would like a pointer I was told "no I know what I'm doing"...and after 4 nights straight of watching the same people with the same amount of fish each night do this I was a litl irritated..
Old 07-25-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
I watched many people attempt to clean fish with some sort of steak knife looking thing an more fish meat went into the garburator then was left on the fillet an when I kindly asked if they would like a pointer I was told "no I know what I'm doing"...and after 4 nights straight of watching the same people with the same amount of fish each night do this I was a litl irritated..
Makes a guy just want to MYOB eh? Lol

I know when I clean a walleye, it appears that there is plenty of flesh left over.
However, I've learned that no one likes fish bones in their fry.

So, if anyone wants to dive in the gut pile and scrape off .5 of a gram of fish meat, they are more than welcome.

I've never made it as far as Faust.
Perhaps one day I will load up the boat with as many as allowed and go fishing for dinner.
Good luck from the dock.

I was at calling a few weeks ago.
People were fishing from the dock there.

I'm always amazed at how ppl keep on casting when guys are bringing their boats in and getting out onto the dock.

I did notice EMS entering into the park as I was leaving.

Someone probably got beat up at the boat launch.....

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!
Old 07-25-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotensis View Post
Makes a guy just want to MYOB eh?
X2

dont worry what others are doing. They are following the rules and probably not as experienced. Try to remember the first few fish you cleaned and how much meat it yielded. I know mine was a sorry couple bites lol
Old 07-25-2014, 11:47 AM

Ok ya you fellas are right I should just not worry..anyway I've caught eyes in shallow water an I don't think there's many lakes you can't catch eyes at the right times of day off a dock or even off shore for that matter depending on depth an how much vegetation is within casting distance.have fun!
Old 07-25-2014, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Ok ya you fellas are right I should just not worry..anyway I've caught eyes in shallow water an I don't think there's many lakes you can't catch eyes at the right times of day off a dock or even off shore for that matter depending on depth an how much vegetation is within casting distance.have fun!
Great post !