Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-11-2023, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post

If China is a main supplier then something needs to happen. They are supposed to be tough on drugs.
You are thinking like a westerner, not China who is always playing the long game. If Asian hegemony is your game and it requires weak Western powers there isn't a lot of incentive to thwart your competition from actively weakening their society through drug abuse.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2023, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailraat View Post
You are thinking like a westerner, not China who is always playing the long game. If Asian hegemony is your game and it requires weak Western powers there isn't a lot of incentive to thwart your competition from actively weakening their society through drug abuse.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
Would not surprise me one bit to find out their government was helping with the killing of our young.

Thomas Sowell
Old 07-12-2023, 08:46 AM

Default Amazing!

Great responses. I don't think that you can get "doctor assisted suicide " if you are not compis mentis, ie sane! I have had two froends/collegues kill themselves this way but they had very painful terminal illnesses.
Maybe this should be a new post but I'd like to know why the indiginous population bt and large has not embrassed the educational system. The ones that do have become, Priests and lawyers, and we don't need more of them.
Thanks guys, I'm amazed at the vast pool of information that this group has.
Old 07-12-2023, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
Great responses. I don't think that you can get "doctor assisted suicide " if you are not compis mentis, ie sane! I have had two froends/collegues kill themselves this way but they had very painful terminal illnesses.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...al-health-law/

Unfortunately, that is no longer the case. As was predicted at the beginning, our activist Supreme Court would quickly erode any restrictions around the practice.
Old 07-12-2023, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
Maybe this should be a new post but I'd like to know why the indiginous population bt and large has not embrassed the educational system. The ones that do have become, Priests and lawyers, and we don't need more of them.
Thanks guys, I'm amazed at the vast pool of information that this group has.
It would seem the majority are stuck in the "traditional" model and unwilling to accept that times have changed and they need to as well, residential schools were a misguided attempt to change that, obviously wrong by our standards.

Us Whiteys are already fighting over organ harvesting from MAD , interesting acronym, participants. Seems to me, if you chose to accept MAD for mental issues, which is the new activist thing, you are not competent to make that decision.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 07-12-2023, 04:02 PM

All I can say is good luck. We'll waste trillions and get nowhere. There are definitely a few poor souls who get sucked in through prescription drugs. But those who end up addicted because of their own life choices will most likely just keep ending up back there.

Been watching it first hand with my sister and her boyfriend for the last 15 years. The amount of resources those two turds have sucked out of friends, family, the government, the health care system, police time, tax evasion, shoplifting, etc is just ridiculous. Been brought back to life with narcan about 5 times too many already. She refused rehab because just getting methodone and "getting clean" on her own is more fun. He's in rehab for probably his 4th time already. Maybe they'd get their crap together if they had to act like adults and get jobs in order to survive.

Maybe narcan should be forumalted so that it is only effective once or twice and then the body becomes immune? Might get people to think twice about playing fast and loose when they don't have the easy "get out of death free" jab sitting handy.
Old 07-12-2023, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Would not surprise me one bit to find out their government was helping with the killing of our young.
Read Sun Tsu, still recognized as a great military mind after 2500 years and he was Chinese.

To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Grizz

Old 07-12-2023, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova View Post
All I can say is good luck. We'll waste trillions and get nowhere. There are definitely a few poor souls who get sucked in through prescription drugs. But those who end up addicted because of their own life choices will most likely just keep ending up back there.

Been watching it first hand with my sister and her boyfriend for the last 15 years. The amount of resources those two turds have sucked out of friends, family, the government, the health care system, police time, tax evasion, shoplifting, etc is just ridiculous. Been brought back to life with narcan about 5 times too many already. She refused rehab because just getting methodone and "getting clean" on her own is more fun. He's in rehab for probably his 4th time already. Maybe they'd get their crap together if they had to act like adults and get jobs in order to survive.

Maybe narcan should be forumalted so that it is only effective once or twice and then the body becomes immune? Might get people to think twice about playing fast and loose when they don't have the easy "get out of death free" jab sitting handy.
I actually like this idea…1 or 2 get out of jail free cards, then you’re out of luck. Kind of like 3 strikes you’re out…forever….
Old 07-12-2023, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova View Post
Gov't and advocates of social programs constantly promoting them as victims have given society a twisted sense of priorities. Also has given the abusers of these drugs a built in carte blanche right to do as they please and a built in excuse for their behavior. They have created a whole support system to enable their behavior, absolved them of any responsibility for their continued drug abuse and victimization of society. It has never been easier to be a career lifelong junkie than it is today. Any negative stigma of being a junkie has been removed. Regular people are dying because so much of our health care system is devoted to supporting them when deserving patients are put on waiting lists, emergency rooms and ambulances tied up for hours while deserving patients die of heart attacks, strokes, accidents, etc, waiting for ambulances constantly tied up because of junkies overdosing. It would be interesting to know the real numbers of ordinary people who have lost their lives because junkies take priority over them.

I have a co worker who had a stroke, she did live but is severly mentally and physically incapitated now, will never work, drive or even cook dinner for the rest of her life because the ambulance took 4 hours to get to her because junkies at the local meth motel had them tied up. Hard working single mom with 2 children she can't look after now, let alone look after herself.
Old 07-12-2023, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
The "Medical" profession is/are the biggest drug dealers. There is no money in curing people, but huge money in prescription drugs. What they are selling you is a lie. The Government and the big pharma are not your friends. Much like big tobacco and alcohol. These four, kill more in a day, then wars do in a decade.

Follow the money always follow the money!
This PRECISELY how it is.

You cannot argue here .....

Agree
Old 07-13-2023, 09:26 AM

"Regular people are dying because so much of our health care system is devoted to supporting them when deserving patients are put on waiting lists, emergency rooms and ambulances tied up for hours while deserving patients die of heart attacks, strokes, accidents, etc, waiting for ambulances constantly tied up because of junkies overdosing. It would be interesting to know the real numbers of ordinary people who have lost their lives because junkies take priority over them."

It's not just the ambulances that are tied up.

Most overdose calls happen at parties and the First responders (Fire and Ambulance) will not go into the "party" without Police assistance because of the number of assaults that have happened to First Responders.

This is not some Exaggeration of the facts. My Nephew was a Beat Cop at West End Station in Edmonton (Stony Plain Road) and it was a daily occurrence to get a call to go in and clear the path for the stretcher to be brought in. Then first aid was administered, BEFORE the Ambulance Ride to the ER.

After resuscitation, and stabilization in ER, the "victim" was released. Sometimes on a long weekend, the same "victim" would overdose 3 TIMES.

Cost of emergency / police / ER services averages $8,500 per overdose. That is a City of Edmonton Board of Health statistic. Not an exaggeration of facts.

The beauty of being a Politician or a Bureaucrat is the ability to detach from the reality for the rest of us.

So lets do some math. A Long Weekend from one of the "victims" can cost the rest of us $25,500. Your Tax Dollars, and Mine.

Who really is the victim?

So how do you get the message to the Drug Dealers???

How about after a conviction for high level drug trafficking, a CLASS ACTION naming the Drug Dealer to recover the social costs of the harm that they are doing, kind of like Tobacco litigation.

The net effect, because of conviction, is the Judgement cannot be wiped by Bankruptcy. Maybe the Government NEVER recovers a cent.

Maybe the Drug Dealers realize that if they are caught, they will never have a nickel to their name.

As for the Junkies, the Edmonton Board of Health used the Mental Health Act to commit 2 repeat "victim" users to Alberta Hospital pre Covid. These two "victims" cost Edmonton 1/2 a million in one year.

Drewski
Old 07-13-2023, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
This PRECISELY how it is.

You cannot argue here .....

Agree
I disagree, like in all other professions there are hacks and incompetents, but most are conscientious, dedicated individuals . We might demonize Big Pharma, but the drugs that keep us alive and comfortable in our existence come from them. On the other hand, there is crap out there for the gullible.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...ment-1.6675542

Grizz