Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-05-2021, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Ahh the second shooter , on the grassy knoll.. a Trumpian conspiracy no doubt, to try and ruin Baldwin for making fun of him on SNL

Orrrrrrr! Is there a chance that the woman killed said something unflattering about Hillary or Bill?
AT last something that is true
Old 01-13-2022, 09:06 AM

Another twist

A new lawsuit accused an ammunition supplier Wednesday of creating dangerous conditions on a movie set where a gun held by actor Alec Baldwin killed a cinematographer, by including live ammunition in a box that was supposed to include only dummy rounds.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainmen...lier-1.6313450
Old 01-13-2022, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Another twist

A new lawsuit accused an ammunition supplier Wednesday of creating dangerous conditions on a movie set where a gun held by actor Alec Baldwin killed a cinematographer, by including live ammunition in a box that was supposed to include only dummy rounds.

With American logic, they could sue God for allowing this to happen.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 01-13-2022, 09:30 AM

They had best involve China in the lawsuit, being that’s where gunpowder was invented!
Old 01-13-2022, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
With American logic, they could sue God for allowing this to happen.

Grizz
Yup
Old 01-13-2022, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Another twist

Absolutely anything to distract and take heat off of the mass media anti-trump crowd. They don't care what happens, they will protect him. If he should take heat they don’t care how many cities burn to teach us a lesson for going against the message.
Old 01-14-2022, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Another twist

That's the Hollywood narrative twist: "a gun held by Alec Baldwin killed ...".

Baldwin didn't kill anybody - that evil gun did !
Old 01-14-2022, 01:43 PM

First off. When loading it, who wouldn’t notice the big hunk of lead hanging off the end of the casing? That and it would weigh 5 times as much as the previous round that was just put in? I call bs
Old 01-14-2022, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
First off. When loading it, who wouldn’t notice the big hunk of lead hanging off the end of the casing? That and it would weigh 5 times as much as the previous round that was just put in? I call bs
They are talking about dummy rounds for close up shots loading and when the revolver is facing the camera so you can see bullets in the chambers.

The armourer did not check the rounds still her fault

In place of the powder, in a dummy round a single BB is placed inside. When you shake them you know. Also, the primer on the back is a piece of machined solid brass. These look the part but do not fire. They are sourced from the prop house or armory. On a Western set, they are everywhere. All of the gun belts are stacked with 15 to 25 rounds.

When filming a revolver, the front of the cylinder and gap to the rear of the cylinder are visible. You can see if it is loaded or not. Dummy rounds are placed in the cylinder to give the appearance that the gun is loaded. Before being placed in the gun, I show them to the first assistant director. He or she shakes them listening for that BB inside. Then I load them in the gun. I try to fire all of the dummy rounds at the floor in front of the assistant director. Nothing happens. I then present the gun to the talent, also firing at the floor so they see. If they are pointing it at another player, I also show them.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...ts/6142800001/
Old 01-14-2022, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
Absolutely anything to distract and take heat off of the mass media anti-trump crowd. They don't care what happens, they will protect him. If he should take heat they don’t care how many cities burn to teach us a lesson for going against the message.
Exactly! They will try anything to take the blame off off Baldwin, even though he pulled the trigger, and he is the producer, that not only allowed the safety protocols to be ignored, but played an active part in that himself.
Old 01-19-2023, 09:30 AM

More trouble for Alec

Alec Baldwin, Rust crew member to be charged with involuntary manslaughter in fatal shooting

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainmen...rges-1.6719163

I never did believe he didn't cock the single action, it just went off, yeah sure
Old 01-19-2023, 09:52 AM

1F742F18-52CD-450D-AC7B-D064AC888E67.jpg
Old 01-19-2023, 10:22 AM

Quote:
More trouble for Alec

Alec Baldwin, Rust crew member to be charged with involuntary manslaughter in fatal shooting

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainmen...rges-1.6719163

I never did believe he didn't cock the single action, it just went off, yeah sure
At least he is being charged, it looks good on him being that he is anti firearms.
Old 01-19-2023, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
At least he is being charged, it looks good on him being that he is anti firearms.
Yeah. Bet he won't get convicted in Criminal Court. The other "lady" will.

Nobody makes money via criminal court. Stay tuned for civil court proceedings...Baldwin will be done...
Old 01-19-2023, 06:13 PM

I’m honestly surprised he is forgoing a trial by jury. By the rules in place I don’t think a judge will find him innocent, a jury could be fooled I would think.

Hope he’s found guilty so the civil suits bankrupt him.
Old 01-20-2023, 09:57 AM

From what has been said on all the news casts I have heard.....that smug Baldwin and only Baldwin is guilty. He is trying to throw everyone he can under the bus to lesson and divert blame....COWARD.... Even the eye witness guy that was shot, said Baldwin pulled the trigger....

In the real world, deployment of OHS standards are there to protect employers and employees for a safe work place.....

Baldwin's set was unsafe because he ignored the safety protocols, was cheap $$$, rushed and cut corners....THAT IS WHEN ACCIDENTS HAPPEN.

Guns, not so funny now eh, Baldwin.

"A-Lister" my butt.......

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 01-20-2023, 10:43 AM

He should absolutely be raked over the coals by the labor safety authority, regardless of whatever criminal charges his fame & fortune might help him avoid. Even make the process the punishment, those types of gov't org's excel at that!
Old 01-20-2023, 11:09 AM

The irony of it all, is that Baldwin is one of those people that feels that citizens can't be trusted to own firerarms. He failed as the actor handling the firearm, and as the producer, by not enforcing the safety protocols on set. If he had done his job as either, this would not have happened. This happened on his set, and he pulled the trigger, so I see no way of him not being found guilty of at least some charges.
Old 01-20-2023, 11:23 AM

My guess is he gets found guilty on a lot of smaller charges but not involuntary manslaughter. He has too many people to point the blame to before the crap sticks to him. Might even plea out to that long before a trial. Not right but that's what I think will happen. The Armory lady will get nailed to the wall and see jail time.

Thought I heard on the news or read that he settled a lawsuit already with the deceased ladies family.
Old 01-20-2023, 12:35 PM

Why was the firearm pointed in a deadly direction???
Old 01-20-2023, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
My guess is he gets found guilty on a lot of smaller charges but not involuntary manslaughter. He has too many people to point the blame to before the crap sticks to him. Might even plea out to that long before a trial. Not right but that's what I think will happen. The Armory lady will get nailed to the wall and see jail time.

Thought I heard on the news or read that he settled a lawsuit already with the deceased ladies family.
I could see Possible negligent endangerment or something along those lines. But in the end multiple people were responsible for the many fails leading up to the incident but the firearm was in his hand where he had it pointed. Will be interesting to see how this cookie crumbles.
Old 01-20-2023, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
I could see Possible negligent endangerment or something along those lines. But in the end multiple people were responsible for the many fails leading up to the incident but the firearm was in his hand where he had it pointed. Will be interesting to see how this cookie crumbles.
Agree
Old 01-20-2023, 09:41 PM

Who loads live rounds on a movie set?
Old 04-15-2024, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
Update
Rust armourer sentenced to 18 months over fatal on-set shooting by Alec Baldwin

Gutierrez-Reed found guilty in March of involuntary manslaughter for mistakenly loading live round into gun

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainmen...nced-1.7174249
Old 04-15-2024, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
Exactly. This whole thing coulda been avoided by following basic safe handling. Pretty sad.
Old 04-15-2024, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hogfarmer View Post
Exactly. This whole thing coulda been avoided by following basic safe handling. Pretty sad.
And if the Producer had insisted on the proper protocols to be observed, the ammunition would have been checked on set, in front of the crew. Baldwin was the producer.