Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-17-2024, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Regardless of the quality of the reporting, I do believe that exposing things like the Hamas protests, and the false arrests of people like Menzies, does serve a useful purpose. It shows Canadians the kind of things that are going on in Canada, that the mainstream media likes to avoid reporting. The liberals don't want Canadians to see these things, that is enough reason for me to show them.
I agree, it is an important topic, and it needs addressing. I never indicated otherwise. My comment (lament?) pertains to the lack of gravitas, integrity, and professionalism in the media in general.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-17-2024, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
My comment (lament?) pertains to the lack of gravitas, integrity, and professionalism the lieberals have in general.
^fixed

Sorry, couldn’t help myself :-)
Old 03-17-2024, 12:12 PM

Quote:
I agree, it is an important topic, and it needs addressing. I never indicated otherwise. My comment (lament?) pertains to the lack of gravitas, integrity, and professionalism in the media in general.
Exactly this. Even the last time with the witch was questionable. What would the members here do if someone approached you in that manner? I know what I would do. Then I'd be the one in jail!!
Old 03-17-2024, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty50 View Post
Exactly this. Even the last time with the witch was questionable. What would the members here do if someone approached you in that manner? I know what I would do. Then I'd be the one in jail!!
He asked Freeland a good question actually. His approach is just clownish. The cop who roughed him up for being clownish should face an assault charge. Society, and trust in institutions, has eroded to the point where it's all little kids on a playground shouting insults. AO is a microcosm of it too. I'm still waiting for the grownups to reassert ethical authority.

And no, I'm not holding my breath.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-17-2024, 12:46 PM

Quote:
He asked Freeland a good question actually. His approach is just clownish. The cop who roughed him up for being clownish should face an assault charge. Society, and trust in institutions, has eroded to the point where it's all little kids on a playground shouting insults. AO is a microcosm of it too. I'm still waiting for the grownups to reassert ethical authority.

Not disagreeing with anything but the approach.
Old 03-17-2024, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty50 View Post
When you are in public office, you work for the public. You are supposed to answer to the public and the media is supposed to enquire on behalf of the people.

If your employer came up to you asking about your poor job performance you should answer or expect to be unemployed.
Old 03-17-2024, 01:14 PM

Again, Not disagreeing with anything but the approach.
Old 03-17-2024, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Regardless of the quality of the reporting, I do believe that exposing things like the Hamas protests, and the false arrests of people like Menzies, does serve a useful purpose. It shows Canadians the kind of things that are going on in Canada, that the mainstream media likes to avoid reporting. The liberals don't want Canadians to see these things, that is enough reason for me to show them.
And what would be the difference between the liberals and the Chinese communists party approach when they were dealing with the protests in Hong Kong? Asking for a friend…
Old 03-17-2024, 11:07 PM

Quote:

So? You are now the bastion of free speech on AO? My how things have changed. Or is it still just the speech you agree with?
Menzies may be an ass? but at least he is in the Lefty's faces. And they are terrified of him and other "Journalists" who do not tow the party or AO line.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 03-18-2024, 08:01 AM

I tried to make sense of what you said, but it was too boring.

Old 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
And what would be the difference between the liberals and the Chinese communists party approach when they were dealing with the protests in Hong Kong? Asking for a friend…
With the liberals new laws limiting free speech, we will get a taste of what it is like in China or North Korea.
Old 03-18-2024, 11:04 AM

Quote:
With the liberals new laws limiting free speech, we will get a taste of what it is like in China or North Korea.
We already did- remember Freedom Convoy?
As for David Menzoid how he calls himself- here is the latest about his arrest and charges…. I think comrade Vlad Putin can be proud of Toronto Police!
https://youtu.be/eK0YZdECvGw?si=oNamCRJGRM5nrJsx
Old 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
We already did- remember Freedom Convoy?
As for David Menzoid how he calls himself- here is the latest about his arrest and charges…. I think comrade Vlad Putin can be proud of Toronto Police!
https://youtu.be/eK0YZdECvGw?si=oNamCRJGRM5nrJsx
They will probably either drop any charges before court, to avoid running into a judge that doesn't want the
courts time wasted, or they will follow through, just to
waste his time, and try to deter him. They would need a
real warped judge to find him guilty, and they likely don't
want the attention that a trial would bring. And if the
Rebel does sue, they don't want the attention that would
bring, and losing a suit to the Rebel, would really bring
them bad publicity. The end result, is that Canada is moving closer to becoming a police state.
Old 03-18-2024, 12:19 PM

Quote:
I agree with you 100% elk. This isn't about journalism, but I also doubt he was expecting to get arrested in this instant. Doesn't matter either way, what IS true and what IS showing is that the Metro police are more interested in giving terrorist supporters THEIR opportunity to yell and scream, a journalist having the idea to approach and ask some questions SHOULD be holding the moral high ground here but not in Trudeau's Canada. You can argue that it has something/anything to do with his own safety but I'd call BS on that. If wasn't wearing that had/wasn't so recognizable/didn't have his his arrest history=he probably would have had as much time to talk to them as he wanted.

If it was some carelessly-fudged-up charge about safety, I would bet $ it was for the cop's safety. As long as the terrorist supporters are getting a warm hug from the Liberals, the cops don't want to see anyone actually challenge that and see what these people are capable of when you take them to task. Seeing a violent outburst might not play well on the CBC.

In all honesty-I'm all for immigration done right. Pre-Oct.7 most of what we're seeing would be considered hate crimes. Due in part to Trudeau's wishy-washy stance, antisemitism basically means nothing now. These protesters are calling for the end of Jews IN Jewish neighborhoods, in front of Jewish businesses, places of worship, etc.

Only reasonable response to that behaviour specifically=a bulldozer.
Old 03-18-2024, 08:49 PM

Quote:
They will probably either drop any charges before court, to avoid running into a judge that doesn't want the
courts time wasted, or they will follow through, just to
waste his time, and try to deter him. They would need a
real warped judge to find him guilty, and they likely don't
want the attention that a trial would bring. And if the
Rebel does sue, they don't want the attention that would
bring, and losing a suit to the Rebel, would really bring
them bad publicity. The end result, is that Canada is moving closer to becoming a police state.
I sent $100 to Rebel to support their work.