Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-18-2012, 12:40 PM

Default Good experience at Basspro yesterday

Just wanted to make a thread to say thanks to the gal in the flyshop yesterday. My girlfriend and I were in there looking at some nymphs, and she came over and started talking! Not very often the gf gets greeted with 'are you a flygirl too?the gal gave better information than anyone I have talked to in a big box fly section from casting techniques, nymphing, best/most popular flys etc. Her name was Anita, and she hopefully spurred some interest in my girlfriend to pick up a fly rod this summer... which would make going out for the day a lot less stressful Anyways, just wanted to share that with everyone.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:49 PM

Sounds like she did her job well!...Sell them on the sport and you don't have to sell equipment it sells itself...

Best Salesman story....

Newfie fella applies for job at Bass pro... Manager asks if he has experience and newfie says I have some but just let me work today for free and judge for yourself afterwards....

At the end of the day he asks for how much the newfie had sold... the tally was over $100,000 for the day for the newfie...

The manager asked him how he did it... the newfie said the magic of upselling... Fella wanted a fishing rod so I asked him what he wanted to fish for the guy said trout so I sold him a fly fishing kit... then I asked him aif he planned to fish for pike and he said yes... so I sold him a heavier weight kit, then I asked him where he was planning on fishing and he said Pigeon lake, so i told him he needed a good boat so he bought a Tournament boat, then i told him he needed a Truck to tow the boaght so he brought a brand new truck as well...

The manager was dumfounded... he said, " you mean to tell me a fello came in for a fishing rod and you sold him all that."

The newfie says "yep that is not even the best part of the upsell... heactually came into the wrong store and was looking for "feminine hygiene products" for his wife and I said well since your weekend is shot.... Why don't you try fishing!...
Old 01-18-2012, 05:29 PM

Talking

LMAO. Great story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekred View Post
Sounds like she did her job well!...Sell them on the sport and you don't have to sell equipment it sells itself...

Best Salesman story....

Newfie fella applies for job at Bass pro... Manager asks if he has experience and newfie says I have some but just let me work today for free and judge for yourself afterwards....

At the end of the day he asks for how much the newfie had sold... the tally was over $100,000 for the day for the newfie...

The manager asked him how he did it... the newfie said the magic of upselling... Fella wanted a fishing rod so I asked him what he wanted to fish for the guy said trout so I sold him a fly fishing kit... then I asked him aif he planned to fish for pike and he said yes... so I sold him a heavier weight kit, then I asked him where he was planning on fishing and he said Pigeon lake, so i told him he needed a good boat so he bought a Tournament boat, then i told him he needed a Truck to tow the boaght so he brought a brand new truck as well...

The manager was dumfounded... he said, " you mean to tell me a fello came in for a fishing rod and you sold him all that."

The newfie says "yep that is not even the best part of the upsell... heactually came into the wrong store and was looking for "feminine hygiene products" for his wife and I said well since your weekend is shot.... Why don't you try fishing!...
Old 01-18-2012, 05:30 PM

lol thats funny
Old 01-18-2012, 06:02 PM

I've had good experience with her to, that girl knows her stuff, shes hands down the best employee at that store.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:23 PM

Was she cute? Nuthin better than a good lookin girl that likes flyfishing....

Nice to hear you had a good experience at that store, wish I could say the same.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:20 PM

Anita is the manager of the fly shop @ BP and yes she knows her stuff. I was told she's a certified fly casting instructor too. She's good at remembering a face too.

Good to hear a good salesmen (err saleswomen) story and a Newfie joke At the same time.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:29 PM

My wife was very pleased with her as well she helped her pick out a bunch of streamers for me for xmas, and a few other items very helpfull from what the misses says.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:59 AM

Is it Anita Wol?, I would assume so there can't be to many CCIs in Alberta named Anita.... If that is the case BPS has stepped up their game to get a hugely valuable resource. Good for them the thing BPS was lacking was knowledgable staff in the Fly fishing dept.