Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-25-2017, 07:28 AM

Default Savage axis 2 hardwood stock

So I was browsing WSS website last night and came across the savage axis 2 with a hardwood stock from factory. I'm interested as the only reason I hated those rifles was the stock. But I'm having trouble finding any good information out their because they are so new. But I'm considering one in 308 for a basic duty big game rifle. Has anyone heard anything about them? Or better yet does anyone have one and could provide me some insight on them? Thanks yall
Tom
Old 01-25-2017, 08:15 AM

I had the plastic stocked axis for a bit, it shot good but IMO the price I've seen on the Axis II is way more than I would ever pay for one. As far as I know the internals are still the same, and even if it had an actual walnut stock with actual checkering I would still not pay that price. As it is the stock is still pretty brutal looking. $600 can get you one heck of a good gun on the used market, or a Vanguard that would actually be worth putting in a nicer stock later down the line.
Old 01-25-2017, 05:05 PM

I like wood stocks and I like my axis but for $620 I would spend $100 more and get a 11/111 or $240 more for a wood stock.