Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-09-2011, 01:37 PM

Default Dipping Vat Lake

Just wondering if anybody has heard of any plans to restock this Lake.I have heard rumours, but nothing definite.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:59 PM

Did they stop re-stocking it? What's the situation with that?
Old 02-09-2011, 02:12 PM

Default vat

From what I understand, It died off a couple years ago, when the govt. went to stock it, there was an issue with the landowner, which ended up in court.
I have heard the govt. won, and an airation system is supposed to go in, before any stocking takes place.Not sure of the validity, so just checking on here for more info.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurly View Post
From what I understand, It died off a couple years ago, when the govt. went to stock it, there was an issue with the landowner, which ended up in court.
I have heard the govt. won, and an airation system is supposed to go in, before any stocking takes place.Not sure of the validity, so just checking on here for more info.
Heard that there was a land owner dispute.. Not sure how a landowner figures they can interrupt the flow of water into a stocked provincial lake.. That should be an open and shut case.. Hopefully they can bring this lake back!!
Old 02-10-2011, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen1971 View Post
Heard that there was a land owner dispute.. Not sure how a landowner figures they can interrupt the flow of water into a stocked provincial lake.. That should be an open and shut case.. Hopefully they can bring this lake back!!
Yeah i worked all summer doing water quality on the lake. A land owner kept pulling the gate out of the north end outflow and throwing it in to the lake. After 5 or 6 times pulling it out, we got pretty annoyed. No way to prove who keeps doing it. until the dispute is solved it probably wont be stocked. we are still doing water quality on it though, so it is still on the radar.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishtech1986 View Post
Yeah i worked all summer doing water quality on the lake. A land owner kept pulling the gate out of the north end outflow and throwing it in to the lake. After 5 or 6 times pulling it out, we got pretty annoyed. No way to prove who keeps doing it. until the dispute is solved it probably wont be stocked. we are still doing water quality on it though, so it is still on the radar.
That is good news!! Thanx! I've also heard of another land owner further up the inlet that must not like fishing as they have been dumping some "dirt" very near the creek....