Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-07-2011, 05:13 PM

Default wabamun update

went out to wabamun this morning and things are surprisingly shaping up there. A lot less floodwater than earlier. not sure how things are in town off the marina but on the south side i was able to drive on with no problems. the snow is so hard on top you dont sink down. some water may still be underneath but didnt could even reach it. Fishing was awesome as usual.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:11 AM

Thanks for the update. Might be heading out on Wednesday.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:55 PM

Anyone been on the northside near the town or fallis lately?? How's he flood water driveable yet?
Old 02-08-2011, 10:01 PM

Does a person fishing there tend to have good luck catching fish? Iv never fished there, but always read the threads about Wab and look at the pics. Im temped to venture there one day and see if my luck may be as good as you fine feller's out there on a regular basis. Pretty easy to get skunked or odds are a guy will get at least one kinda deal??

Thanks guys
Old 02-08-2011, 10:24 PM

Wab is ALIVE ALIVE ALIVE !!!!
Old 02-08-2011, 10:55 PM

If Safety D says it's Alive, then it's alive... Heheh.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go-big-or-go-home View Post
Does a person fishing there tend to have good luck catching fish? Iv never fished there, but always read the threads about Wab and look at the pics. Im temped to venture there one day and see if my luck may be as good as you fine feller's out there on a regular basis. Pretty easy to get skunked or odds are a guy will get at least one kinda deal??

Thanks guys

I havent been skunked at wabamun yet in the past ten years ive fished there. open and hard water. I know because access is hard , going out from the marina right in town there is pretty popular but if you can head in to a bay or off a point at allison or fallis your going to have better luck. ive found since the plant closed and the warm water isnt flowing anymore the big fish just arent hanging around there as much.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:01 AM

Wab is amazing !!!! Can anyone do a flood ice update around the town and sailing club areas. Maybe a guy can sneak out and drown some herrings?? Be nice and weather looks good comin up !!
Old 02-09-2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 780sjc View Post
I havent been skunked at wabamun yet in the past ten years ive fished there. open and hard water. I know because access is hard , going out from the marina right in town there is pretty popular but if you can head in to a bay or off a point at allison or fallis your going to have better luck. ive found since the plant closed and the warm water isnt flowing anymore the big fish just arent hanging around there as much.
Thanks for the info there pal
Old 02-09-2011, 10:32 PM

When you say, south side, or Fallis, etc, which is the best way to get there? Only two access points I'm aware of are the PP, and the town. Want to head out Saturday morning, and have a heart to heart with a few snot rockets.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyangelo View Post
When you say, south side, or Fallis, etc, which is the best way to get there? Only two access points I'm aware of are the PP, and the town. Want to head out Saturday morning, and have a heart to heart with a few snot rockets.
Access can be difficult. After you come into town there is a road that wraps around the north side of the lake ( I beleive it's township road 531a?). The frustrating part is most of it is homes and private property which can make access to the spots you want not easy. There is good access at point Allison and fallis. if you look on a map you'll see it's quite simple.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 780sjc View Post
Access can be difficult. After you come into town there is a road that wraps around the north side of the lake ( I beleive it's township road 531a?). The frustrating part is most of it is homes and private property which can make access to the spots you want not easy. There is good access at point Allison and fallis. if you look on a map you'll see it's quite simple.
I don't think there's access at Point Allison itself, but just a little down the road you can get on by the sailing club (Rich's Point). I'm lazy so I usually just go out from the dock in town

Access is now very good again, and driving on shouldn't be a problem

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams