Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-28-2011, 11:21 AM

Default Ice Fishing Perch Near Meadow lake Prov.

Hello,
Wondering if anyone knows of a good lake to hit near the meadow lake Provincial park. My friend has a cabin there and doesn't know much about the hard water fishing areas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:47 AM

lac de isle has good perch fishing. if you go there you need to watch out for the spring in between the two points. trucks go through the ice every year. if you dont find the fish go shallow like 2 feet of water under the ice
Old 03-01-2011, 10:06 AM
Banned

I am told that Keeley is producing walleye. Perch fishing has been poor all over this winter but poor might mean not limiting out each time for all I know.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:08 PM

Default Info about Lac de isle

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishhunter09 View Post
lac de isle has good perch fishing. if you go there you need to watch out for the spring in between the two points. trucks go through the ice every year. if you dont find the fish go shallow like 2 feet of water under the ice
Hello,
wondering if you could give me an idea of what part of the lake the perch are in in the winter? Also concerned about this spring which two points is the spring at.

Thanks very much
Old 03-05-2011, 07:45 AM

[QUOTE=bowhunter79;851517]Hello,
wondering if you could give me an idea of what part of the lake the perch are in in the winter? Also concerned about this spring which two points is the spring at.

Thanks very much[/QUOTE

the two points are on the west end of the lake. there is enough snow this year you will be able to se the spot where everyone drives on the land to get to the rest of the lake. we didnt even cross the point we went west of the points close to shore in 2 to 14 ft of water. if i had a map i could help you beter. i hopr this helps you good luck
Old 03-05-2011, 08:22 AM

Not sure where the points are or I would have pointed them out on the map.....but Here's Lac des Isles.....

Keeley was pretty quiet last weekend...a friend was there. And getting very tough to get around.

Last edited by Bushmaster; 03-05-2011 at 08:27 AM.