Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-03-2011, 07:15 PM

Default unnamed walleye lake beside dillberry lake

Hi everyone. My old boss was telling me last fall that there is a lake a few km North of dillberry lake (near Wainwright). Apparently it is stocked with walleye, and he said he had caught quite a few fish there. The lake is beside a saline lake called salt lake. You need to drive offroad on a trail for a couple km. You will pass a cubscout camp then eventually run into the lake. It is actally in Saskatchewan by like 2 km.

Has anyone ever been to this small lake? Or even heard about it? I took my aluminium boat there last year once but never even got a bite. I tryed looking at records of the stocking programs in sask. But no mention on this place.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
Hi everyone. My old boss was telling me last fall that there is a lake a few km North of dillberry lake (near Wainwright). Apparently it is stocked with walleye, and he said he had caught quite a few fish there. The lake is beside a saline lake called salt lake. You need to drive offroad on a trail for a couple km. You will pass a cubscout camp then eventually run into the lake. It is actally in Saskatchewan by like 2 km.

Has anyone ever been to this small lake? Or even heard about it? I took my aluminium boat there last year once but never even got a bite. I tryed looking at records of the stocking programs in sask. But no mention on this place.
The last time we fished there we talked to a CO and he said they were going to quit stocking it as the fish were starting to get to big for the fishery and very few anglers were fishing it. Unfortunately about two years ago it winter killed anyway. It is called Gordon Lake. Most of the fish in there were about 15 to 18 inches, dont think we ever caught one over 20, but there were lots of them.

Last edited by bobalong; 03-03-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:33 PM

Default ahh

ahh, Gordon Lake, that actually sounds familar. Really, it winterkilled and they arent stocking it any more? That is too bad. Damn, I wonder if that is a for sure thing? I couldn't see too many anglers fishing there... it seems pretty unknown. Full of decent walleye... and to think I lived here for 4 years before I heard about it.

Thanks alot for the info, even though it isnt what I hoped... haha. It is a pretty nice relaxing place
Old 03-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Banned

Default Gordon Lake

I am not sure if they stopped stocking it for sure, but I know a few locals that have tried there for the past couple of years and have not got a bite as well.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:31 PM

Whiskey, there's good walleye fishing at Clear Lake....but a zero limit.

Been a long time since I was to Gordon...
Old 03-03-2011, 09:53 PM

Yeah, Clear lake hasnt been to good to me this last month though. Dont catch anything at Clear, so go down to Shuster for some brooks
Old 03-04-2011, 09:19 PM

So I looked up the fish stocking programs for saskatchewan and couldn't find any mention of Gordon lake at all, not from anywhere 2004-2010. Unless the govt wasnt stocking it??