Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-19-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Spray Lakes

Has anyone been out that way. I am going to take the family up there if the run off has not made the lake murky. Just want to throw a line out from shore for some Whitey's. Any info. on water conditions would be appreciated.

Thanks Dodger.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:24 PM

Default Spray Lakes

I am heading there tomorrow, I will post a report. Nobody seems to be talking about Spray lately. I will be after lakers though.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:37 PM

Default Spray Lakes

Hit Spray today from about 11:00am-4:00pm. Water levels are definately increasing, still crystal clear though. Unfortunately we seemed to hit the end of the bite but we still seen some action. We had to try a new spot today as our normal spot would have required a boat or a very chilly swim. We normally fish it right after ice off. If you are going to head out there, I would recommend showing up earlier than we did and you should do fairly well.
Hits came to a near stand-still after 12:00. Still, a nice day out. I cannot believe the amount of snow left. All lakers were around 1-3lbs. Nothing any larger. Next time I think that the boat will be coming with me.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:20 PM

I am planning on trying to catch some lakers from shore there saturday morning. whats the best way to get into some action? Spoons, Jigs, Buzz Bombs, Crank baits? Colors? whats the hot ticket? Are they down deep already? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 06-21-2007, 08:47 PM

Last year I had some good early mornings casting from shore with a polar bear jig. I was on the far shoreline where the big rock sticks out into the lake. I like it along there because it is deep and summer Lakers are right on bottom. I am going tomorrow but will be fishing for Whitefish in the shallows.
My $0.02 worth.

Dodger.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:57 PM
Gone Hunting

Default Whitefish at Spray

What you are using for whitefish at Spray ?
line, terminal tackle? bober?

Thanks Andrew
Old 06-22-2007, 07:02 PM

I went to Spray today and had a fun time. The morning action for Whitey's was pretty good. Caught and released 18 in the first couple of hours. Then the wind picked up around ten and made shore fishing kind of difficult. I only caught 2 more till 2:00. I was using Maggots on a fly and casting out to the edge of the drop offs. Lake is low but is starting to fill up. Never saw a boat out there all day? Maybe it was a little rough with the wind being what it was.

Dodger.