Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-04-2007, 08:39 PM
huntercam

Default Under Water camara advice

I am looking at buying a Aqua View camara any one have advice on witch one performs the best?
Old 02-04-2007, 11:17 PM
bigbore

check your inbox on this forum, i sent you a PM
Old 02-08-2007, 07:54 PM
huntercam

Thanks i will keep it in the back of my mind kinda just looking for some advice at this time

Cam
Old 02-08-2007, 09:57 PM
kellyandbeth

we have the aqua vu scout, with invisible infrared lighting. Works good on the deep lakes to see the fish. It has done us justice. Just to see the fish. if you fish deep lakes try finding it with 100ft of cable, we only have 50
Old 02-09-2007, 07:30 PM
huntercam

Thanks Kelly/Beth will take a look at same
Old 02-09-2007, 08:25 PM
hemipowered

Default marcum vs 250

take a look at the marcum vs 250, has all the features of the scout, with 65 foot cable, and IR lighting, sony camera. And cheaper 199.00 plus tax I think. I bought one from the fishin hole and it has been awesome.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:33 PM
jrs

Default Re: marcum vs 250

Hey Hemi,

Do you have any suggestions on how you set it up? First time trying mine i had difficulties seeing anything but the odd weeds or my lure. Do you usually position it a few feet away down a second hole? Or how far away? The water clarity may have been the issue, maybe algae blocks it a bit. I'm hoping to try it again this weekend and just looking at different methods. Thanks if you have any comments. That camera seems to work good.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:07 PM
jason28calgary

Default camera

I just bought my aq2ua veiw zt camera... has a 100 feet of cable ans paid 219 shipped to my door from aqua veiw's factory in minnisota....
Old 02-10-2007, 11:15 PM
huntercam

Default Re: camera

Jason how is it working for you what size screen does it have? is it fairly clear?
Old 02-11-2007, 11:48 AM
jason28calgary

Default camera

The zt-100 has a 4 inch screen... most are 4-5 inch screens and the extra inch in screen you pay almost a third more for the camera not worth it in my mind....clarity is very good, it all depends on the water you are fishing.... fished chain and mcgregor...chain the water was clear to about 3 maybe 4 feet in any direction but still seen a few fish and really seen what bottom looked like... as my grandaughters comments were ...{it looks like the moon lol} as for mcgregor good see alot farther and was very informitave for a few things... you could see with relative ease the structure and weed clumps that where holding the fish.... second you could adjust jigging methods to promote a strike....over all for the money i paid am very happy... i priced out same camera from fishing hole and on sale is going for $399.00 without tax... i pd $219 us...260 roughly for a $140 savings... they also have a 5" lcd but only lasts about 3 hours on battery's....hope i have helped
/naturevisioninc.hostasau....php?cat=6 here is a link to there site
Old 02-11-2007, 12:58 PM
willy

Default we got the xl scout

Works good as long as water is fairly clear. Bought the ice pod the remote to move camera that was worth it i think. The IR lights dont help much at nite with ours anyone else use the IR when dark and see much?
Old 02-11-2007, 01:32 PM
jason28calgary

Default Re: we got the xl scout

I have found the same thing... not very clear in water for most part.... lights dont seem to help much but better that not seeing at all. just reduces distance you can see
Old 02-11-2007, 06:54 PM
huntercam

Thanks everybody for your input

Cam
Old 02-11-2007, 08:25 PM
jrs

Tried my Marcum today in clear water without the light on, incredable. Saw hundreds of fish and watched them suck in the bait then get pulled upwards from the picture frame. Saw pike and walleye too. Really fun little toy. Incredably clear, could watch them sucking up little worms and scuds from the botton.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:23 PM
hemipowered

Default marcum vs 250 setup

hey JRS, sorry for the late reply I have been studying for my geophyics test all weekend:x . Water clarity plays a big role in how far you can see with the camera. I have had the best visibilty at gull so far, mcgregor, travers and twin all seemed pretty murky. I usually set the camera up beside my chair and have the holes 2-4 feet away depending upon clarity, or space available in the shack. I have had the camera out probably 10 times this year and I have seen countless fish, and seen lots of hits on camera too. It can be really helpful for soft biters, or watching your jigging technique.
I managed to get out to travers for a bit yesterday and fished in shallower water (6-7b feet) and you could see really well there but not too well past 10ft.

Oh yeah in terms of the IR lights they only work for 2-3 feet and you iusually just sees bubbles, but if it's really dark it's better then nothing. I have seen a few burbot come right up at night it looks pretty cool.