Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-03-2013, 09:26 PM

Default My first big game in Canada :)

As the title says I'm not a virgin anymore
I was with my buddy on a oil-patch road, we were checking our emails and voice mails (that was one of the spots where there was cell reception), when i raise my head and see this doe crossing the road. instantly we ditched our cells and went out of the car. Range it a 450 yds and i was ready to take the shoot when my buddy said, I think its a mullie doe ... ... so we drive another 300 yds to get closer while the doe crossed the road in a cutline. We found it 150 yds at the edge of a forest and we were making noises so we can see if its a whitetail. Finally my buddy says its a whitetail GOOOO. I used his shoulder to hold my gun and aimed. Doe took a few steps along the forest and turned facing us, raise her tail and i realize she will run, so aimed at her chest and shot. The bullet hit the lower side of the body, the belly, and went out through the back leg. I was lucky cause the bullet didnt mushroomed as it hit the intestines and I guess started to mushroom when it hit the bone in the back leg. Doe dropped in her tracks and while we where walking towards her she jumped and run about 100 yds in the forest. We split and followed her and my buddy had a clear shoot at her head, he finish her with a shoot in the neck. Weird part is that the bullet went in through the neck and stopped in the skull, no exist hole.
I'm glad that we didn't wait on her to die in the forest as she was in great pain.
I used a 300 WM Winchester M70 with 180gr Remington Core Lokt Ultra and my buddy has a Tikka T3 with 180gr Hornady

We seen this beautiful family also and a linx too.

Can I get some reviews for this knifes? i think they are Alaska hand made.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:51 PM

Congrats on your first. I was super excited the first doe I shot. You will never forget it, and it only gets better from here on in.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:54 PM

Grats Gabriel .. good for you putting the Venison on the table

David