Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post
lol !

Lawyers do a lot more then just defend the guilty, sometimes they even defend the innocent!

Also handy when buying and selling corporations, real estate, civil litigations etc......

Very handy guy indeed 👍
Real estate lawyers don’t advise you to keep your mouth shut to avoid incriminating yourself.

However, after reading this thread, there is no time like the present to start.

-Billy Molls

Last edited by Pathfinder76; 01-13-2019 at 08:49 AM.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Real estate lawyers don’t advise you to keep your mouth shut to avoid incriminating yourself.

However, after reading this thread, there is no time like the present to start.
That's kinda what I was thinking as well!!!
Old 01-13-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose maniac View Post
Something does seem weird doesn’t strike me as the poaching type
Sometimes you get surprised by individuals and he is arrogant and pretty full of himself. Time will tell if he's innocent!
Old 01-13-2019, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Why on earth would he speak on a public forum? That would be beyond asinine.

If he's innocent or guilty, let the courts decide, which they will, and whatever he did or did not do will be part of the public record.

One poster said he has a family. He does. Those kids can read, and will likely do google searches if they know what is going on. Show them some decency even if you hate outfitters.

Many of us think APOS indirectly contributes to outfitters committing crimes by their lack of discipline when members are convicted. I believe that is where much the vitriol comes from, and I do not think it is misplaced.
Agree, I think it should be a forum rule if you “name” a person based on their “forum persona” you need to reveal your “name” first. After having a situation where someone here on the forum accused me of saying things which I did not, and try to affect me in my personal life...the lurkers behind the keyboard need to relax and contribute not retract from this and other forums IMHO.

LC
Old 01-13-2019, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Agree, I think it should be a forum rule if you “name” a person based on their “forum persona” you need to reveal your “name” first. After having a situation where someone here on the forum accused me of saying things which I did not, and try to affect me in my personal life...the lurkers behind the keyboard need to relax and contribute not retract from this and other forums IMHO.

LC
That would save too much drama around here....
Old 01-13-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
I'm not defending Phil in any way but are there 70 plus charges? What are they? Don't take long to rack up 70 charges when it comes to waterfowl. Could be 70 geese shot with lead shot.

Doesn't make it any less a crime though Norwest. If the law says zero lead shot for waterfowl then it's Zero lead shot. Take the penalty normally meted out, say $500, and multiply it by 70. Whether it happened in one shoot or 70 should make no difference.

As outfitters these guys should be held to a higher standard and should receive the same penalties you or i would get if we were guilty. Maybe more since they oversee more game being shot.

It should always be innocent until proven guilty but IF he is guilty I hope they throw the book at him, and that it's a big book. No plea bargains accepted based on the number of charges either. Then revoke his outfitters credentials and licensing permanently.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:37 AM

Nice day for a little recreational outrage
Old 01-13-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody j View Post
Nice day for a little recreational outrage
It’s a skill on this forum lol.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post
I simply pointed out an expired permit violation that rendered the meat as wasted is a long shot from shooting rams in parks or deer over bait !

Don’t worry about me building credibility, I don’t have to, I simply don’t break the law.

Yours and others assumptions that he poached other animals because of some technicality charges is a stretch !

He also hasn’t been convicted of anything to date, I would at least see if there’s any substance to the actual events before hanging him !

Maybe he is a poacher ? Maybe you are ?
Hard to say either way until evidence is provided and the courts rule !

As it stands right now you are just as guilty as he is !

Ok. Your inferring that I may a poacher. Well, let me put the dots together. You are an outfitter, and outfitters have poached and been convicted in the past, therefore you are a poacher as well.

Yes I’m just as GUILTY as he is right now in eyes of the law. But there is a small difference in whether I’ll get convicted of anything seeing how I don’t have 70 charges laid against me(none actually). Would you care to make a wager in this instance on whether I or him gets convicted of anything in the near future?

Nice stretch though,,,,

And as I stated, you keep degrading your credibility by defending these DB’s(outfitters that break the law, or iledigly break the law.)
Old 01-13-2019, 09:57 AM

Still on the fence about the lynching...

These 70 charges, does anyone have any proof of those charges or are we still going off of that blurry facebook post? Just trying to get some FACTS before I light my pitchfork and sharpen my torch.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:02 AM

The court of public opinion has already convicted this man...
Old 01-13-2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram crazy View Post
Sometimes you get surprised by individuals and he is arrogant and pretty full of himself. Time will tell if he's innocent!
Isn’t arrogance step one in the Outfitter 101 hand book? Lying with a smile on your face is step two. I did meet Phil once and he did not come across as arrogant to me but maybe that’s because I’m use to his competition in the area.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
Still on the fence about the lynching...

These 70 charges, does anyone have any proof of those charges or are we still going off of that blurry facebook post? Just trying to get some FACTS before I light my pitchfork and sharpen my torch.
Theres no conspiracy here. People saw a photo and have now commented on it. Have you never made a comment on a photo before?
Old 01-13-2019, 10:13 AM
Banned

I’d hold off on the lynching til the entire story comes out.
As of right now, no one knows what happened except nube

If the glove don’t fit, you must acquit
Old 01-13-2019, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3illy View Post
Theres no conspiracy here. People saw a photo and have now commented on it. Have you never made a comment on a photo before?
I have commented on photo's... I try to refrain from trying to ruin someones livelihood without knowing the facts first. I am not taking sides here, I just prefer to speculate with facts.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:41 AM

on that note think were done here, man what a classless act on the lynching...................

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
I have commented on photo's... I try to refrain from trying to ruin someones livelihood without knowing the facts first. I am not taking sides here, I just prefer to speculate with facts.
Closed Thread