Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-18-2020, 10:46 PM

Default Bloc QC will table motion to kill Teck Frontier mine

Apparently the Bloc is going to table a motion to kill the Teck Frontier mine. Because it's just so dirty. Now write the equalization cheque, and shut up Alberta.

Maybe some CPC members from Alberta can table a bill to shut down Bombardier, cement plants, and the Montreal Canadiens....just kidding. They can't. BOHICA, Alberta. Confederation loves you.

https://www.westernstandardonline.co...-to-kill-teck/

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-18-2020, 11:00 PM

If this article is true,,, unbelievable!
Old 02-18-2020, 11:06 PM

Federal government says they'll have a decision by the end of February.

I'm not expecting them to come through for us, but for the sake of Alberta - I feel like we NEED a "come from behind" victory. Or we're literally screwed.

Last edited by sns2; 02-21-2020 at 05:39 PM. Reason: swearing
Old 02-18-2020, 11:06 PM
Banned

The article states that they were to present it today. Did they?

I’d be interested to see what parties support this.
Old 02-18-2020, 11:12 PM

I am sure it was part of the talk to which Sheer and the CPC were NOT allowed to attend
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 02-18-2020, 11:13 PM

If they do, it is simple. Kenney must stop tap dancing and take serious action. Shut off the taps, pull out of cpp, something. It doesn't matter if it is approved or not. If one province tries to hurt it is time to end the fun and games. End it. Go for the jugular. Do not lay any money to Ottawa. Kenney has talked a lot but done nothing. Time for a hard stand, approved or not..
Old 02-18-2020, 11:14 PM

"[...] the Western Standard has learned." From who? State your sources. These independent outfits are all the same, throwing out sensationalist headlines with no supporting evidence.
Old 02-19-2020, 05:49 AM

Default Weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Apparently the Bloc is going to table a motion to kill the Teck Frontier mine. Because it's just so dirty. Now write the equalization cheque, and shut up Alberta.

Maybe some CPC members from Alberta can table a bill to shut down Bombardier, cement plants, and the Montreal Canadiens....just kidding. They can't. BOHICA, Alberta. Confederation loves you.

Teck Frontier mine is going to kill Block QC with motion of table?
Old 02-19-2020, 07:27 AM

Default Who benefits from a MEGA Project? Other Provinces

The basic problem for Alberta is that every Mega Project needs more skilled people than what we have to build it. As a result, the Local Union gives out "Travel Cards" to other Unions, in places like .... QUEBEC!!!!

For the time I have been on this Earth, and living in this Province, the pattern has always been COME FROM AWAY Workers flocking to Alberta. They still live in BRITISH COLUMBIA, etc, and pay their Provincial Income Taxes there. Yet for most of the working year, live and work in Alberta.

That means, YOU (Alberta Citizen) paid for the roads, policing, hospitals, Government Administration like OH & S, so that they can make money, and pay it to their Province of Residence.

Did ANY Province ever say Thank you to Alberta for the Personal Income Tax Windfall that they received? No.

Sad part, I have written to the Alberta Government since the Red Queen ruled, to impose an Alberta Infrastructure Income Levy on Out of Province Workers earning income in Alberta.

In all my letters, to the Government, and to every individual MLA, the only one who ever responded was Brian Fildebrandt, saying we should be HAPPY to host Come from Away workers, and have other Provinces reap the Windfall of Personal Provincial Income Tax.

They call it DIRTY OIL. Do they admit to receiving DIRTY MONEY? Did they insist on giving the Personal Income Tax from their Residents back to Alberta to help pay the Infrastructure Alberta built so Come From Away workers could have their Alberta Jobs? NO!!!

These Finite Natural Resources of Alberta which are building Provinces like BC and Quebec, will one day end. So will the spending for their Residents on the hefty After Tax Dollars earned in Alberta. You see, there is a economic windfall from the spending in the other Provinces from our Resource Dollars earned.

Simple enough. A 25 % Infrastructure Surcharge on Non Resident Income earned in Alberta. That will make the "connect" for both the lost Provincial Income Tax Revenue for the other Provinces, as well as the lost local spending on the other Provinces from the hefty wages earned by their Residents working in Alberta.

Drewski
Old 02-19-2020, 08:26 AM

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...A62J3eP7hTRt0L

If this is true, I think Kenney has wasted a bunch more of Albertan's hard earned money on a lost cause trying to "open an office to build positive relationships with Quebec"......
I also agree that if Quebec does try to kill the Teck Project, it's time for Kenney to put his money where his mouth is and drop the hammer on cutting Eastern Canada handouts/transfer payments. We now know the Turd won't do anything about it from what we're seeing with the blockades.....

Last edited by 7magtime; 02-19-2020 at 08:32 AM.
Old 02-19-2020, 03:56 PM

Kenny should use the Alberta Sheriff Branch responsible for pulling down any blockades. Bypass the RCMP. That would make a good, first statement.

Can you imagine the rage Quebec would have if Alberta passed a motion regarding any Quebec provincial responsibility?
Old 02-19-2020, 06:54 PM

So far no mention of this motion being tabled that I can find on Google, only a CTV article today about the Conservatives backing down on calling a vote of non-confidence because they don't have the support.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:13 PM

Exclamation

Kenney is a lost cause. He’s a self proclaimed “democrat” and “federalist” and will not have average albertans getting in between him and the PMs office he so badly desires. His only purpose is to preserve the status quo.

Drewski: won’t happen as long as we are park of kanuckistan. even simpler - one big, triple layered, heavily defended razor wire fence on the eastern border of Saskatchewan, and a nice selection of duties, levies, and taxes on anyone who wants to cross.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
Kenney is a lost cause. He’s a self proclaimed “democrat” and “federalist” and will not have average albertans getting in between him and the PMs office he so badly desires. His only purpose is to preserve the status quo.

Drewski: won’t happen as long as we are park of kanuckistan. even simpler - one big, triple layered, heavily defended razor wire fence on the eastern border of Saskatchewan, and a nice selection of duties, levies, and taxes on anyone who wants to cross.
You forgot...Passport.
Old 02-19-2020, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post

Quebec’s Premier is demanding protests end.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...-to-protesters

Since he is so against pipelines from Alberta crossing through Quebec...why can’t he accept these people agreeing with him so strongly. Lol
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-20-2020, 12:11 AM

Pulled this out of the comments section
Lol
Go choke on a snail Yves as you re-live the Plains of Abraham rout and anti conscription riots in '44. For Christmas we'll send you deadbeats a French-English dictionary and a bar of soap.
Old 02-20-2020, 01:21 PM

Maybe the rest of Canada should hold a vote on separating from Quebec?
Old 02-21-2020, 10:51 AM

Don't become too focused. Keep an eye on the flank.

Liberal MP Mark Garretsen, Kingston Ontario has sponsored and payed for facebook advertising for this petition to kill the Teck mine.

Did he use our tax dollars to pay for the advertising?

https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...N26cTsE8Z0mLs0

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 02-21-2020, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
Don't become too focused. Keep an eye on the flank.

Liberal MP Mark Garretsen, Kingston Ontario has sponsored and payed for facebook advertising for this petition to kill the Teck mine.

Did he use our tax dollars to pay for the advertising?

https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...N26cTsE8Z0mLs0
Thanks for posting that. Already gathered a whole 788 signatures. Probably from his yoga class and contacts. But man, does that **** me off.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-21-2020, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
The basic problem for Alberta is that every Mega Project needs more skilled people than what we have to build it. As a result, the Local Union gives out "Travel Cards" to other Unions, in places like .... QUEBEC!!!!

For the time I have been on this Earth, and living in this Province, the pattern has always been COME FROM AWAY Workers flocking to Alberta. They still live in BRITISH COLUMBIA, etc, and pay their Provincial Income Taxes there. Yet for most of the working year, live and work in Alberta.

That means, YOU (Alberta Citizen) paid for the roads, policing, hospitals, Government Administration like OH & S, so that they can make money, and pay it to their Province of Residence.

Did ANY Province ever say Thank you to Alberta for the Personal Income Tax Windfall that they received? No.

Sad part, I have written to the Alberta Government since the Red Queen ruled, to impose an Alberta Infrastructure Income Levy on Out of Province Workers earning income in Alberta.

In all my letters, to the Government, and to every individual MLA, the only one who ever responded was Brian Fildebrandt, saying we should be HAPPY to host Come from Away workers, and have other Provinces reap the Windfall of Personal Provincial Income Tax.

They call it DIRTY OIL. Do they admit to receiving DIRTY MONEY? Did they insist on giving the Personal Income Tax from their Residents back to Alberta to help pay the Infrastructure Alberta built so Come From Away workers could have their Alberta Jobs? NO!!!

These Finite Natural Resources of Alberta which are building Provinces like BC and Quebec, will one day end. So will the spending for their Residents on the hefty After Tax Dollars earned in Alberta. You see, there is a economic windfall from the spending in the other Provinces from our Resource Dollars earned.

Simple enough. A 25 % Infrastructure Surcharge on Non Resident Income earned in Alberta. That will make the "connect" for both the lost Provincial Income Tax Revenue for the other Provinces, as well as the lost local spending on the other Provinces from the hefty wages earned by their Residents working in Alberta.

Drewski
This is so true it is sickening.

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 02-21-2020, 05:35 PM

Quote:

Drewski
I agree 100% on the surcharge for non residents.
Old 02-21-2020, 05:55 PM

Quote:

Drewski
If I was really bored I would go back and dig up my old posts from long before the red queen made an appearance stating the same thing. Why on earth did the province let this happen?
I remember working in the NWT 20 years ago and paying territorial tax, same needs to be done here
Old 02-22-2020, 05:53 AM

Turdo is implying if you want TECK.Then Kenney has to agree to carbon tax...My thoughts,they're just about out of propane.Time for some rail mtc & ppline mtce..
Old 02-22-2020, 06:43 AM

This is one sad-arse poor excuse for a country if one premier can influence the federal government to induce hardships on another province and it's residents. What are we, at war?
The equalization payments scheme gave licence for this. This country is sooo broken.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:35 AM

And we are a divided country with talks of separation because?

Something has got to give but I am not see Kenney be able to get things accomplished and the idiot child Trudeau has no interest in working with the west