Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-19-2020, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
As expected, some citizens are clearing out the tracks west of Edmonton

So while the politicians fret and hide, citizens get the job done

Now THAT'S the Canada I knew!

Makes you wonder why in hell we put up with spineless useless politicians.

Now if citizens metaphorically " clear the tracks" of useless politicians and police "leaders" in the future, Canadians will finally regain control of this nation.

That would make a good catch phrase for the next election eh? CLEAR THE TRACKS?

Has a nice ring to it

Maybe get Eddie Shack to endorse it

Or Don Cherry? "Hey You People! Clear the tracks!!"
Old 02-19-2020, 08:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
I think it was taken down only after the courts ruled it illegal

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Didn’t you watch the news report in the link that I posted?

It was taken down by a handful of Rednecks with a pick up truck and the injunction had nothing to do with it.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:08 PM

This IS coming from a treaty status native

...RUN THE MOTHER ***ERS OVER
Old 02-19-2020, 08:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post

It was taken down by a handful of Rednecks with a pick up truck and the injunction had nothing to do with it.
In the news it showed a fella dropping down legal papers that outlined the injunction, I’m sure the gentlemen that dismantled the blockade waited until it was legal to do so.

ABB, how do you really feel about it..... lol.

Im positive you speak for the majority of First Nations, it’s unfortunate you guys have to deal with this, but I’m sure I speak for most non-native people when I say having your support is very much appreciated here.

Once again this is a case of our government letting us down.

Last edited by Kurt505; 02-19-2020 at 08:26 PM.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
In the news it showed a fella dropping down legal papers that outlined the injunction, I’m sure the gentlemen that dismantled the blockade waited until it was legal to do so.
Read the article in more detail. The first tweet at 2:17 stated that the court proceedings had commenced. The article states that the counter protesters arrived at 2:00 and began dismantling the barricade.......17 minutes before the court had even started. You are only assuming that he was presenting them with legal documents, it could have been anything.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore View Post

I have some really good buddies named Many Grey Horses, Red Crow, Breaker, etc. They feel like we all do. The protesters really mess up some of the real issues that need resolution, and turn off a lot of people & support!

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 02-19-2020, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post

ABB, how do you really feel about it..... lol.

Im positive you speak for the majority of First Nations, it’s unfortunate you guys have to deal with this, but I’m sure I speak for most non-native people when I say having your support is very much appreciated here.

Once again this is a case of our government letting us down.
The news later edited the part out where the the boys came and dismantled the blockade. Then it was reported that the protesters took it down. A friend in Saskatchewan said their news said the CN Police served them notice. I was paying attention to it on QR 77 and it was dismantled by a group called United We Roll !
Old 02-19-2020, 09:11 PM

Trudeau has the solution!!!!

Ban pallets
Old 02-19-2020, 09:13 PM
Banned

United we roll...

Sounds like a good group to sign up membership with, roll into Ottawa and punt the idiot out of the drivers seat.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habfan View Post
The news later edited the part out where the the boys came and dismantled the blockade. Then it was reported that the protesters took it down. A friend in Saskatchewan said their news said the CN Police served them notice. I was paying attention to it on QR 77 and it was dismantled by a group called United We Roll !
United We Roll left from Red Deer and never made it there before the barricade was dismantled. They did a roll through after the fact.

I watched a Facebook video from one of the protesters and it did appear that they were served with legal documents. I’m still trying to figure out how that worked.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Trudeau has the solution!!!!

Ban pallets
Yes, that ought to solve the problem right there. Although I'd still rather see you on the news blockade busting.....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-19-2020, 09:21 PM

I still can't figure out how these coward punks are allowed to wear masks and hide their identity while protesting?
That is an indictable offense.
Why aren't arrests being made?
If someone really wanted to stick their neck out to stop these protests, they wouldn't have to stick it out very far.
Sad.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:21 PM

Quote:
United We Roll left from Red Deer and never made it there before the barricade was dismantled. They did a roll through after the fact.

I watched a Facebook video from one of the protesters and it did appear that they were served with legal documents. I’m still trying to figure out how that worked.
Well instead of charging them under a couple sections of the Criminal Code, they took the long route via injunction

Unnecessary but thats CN's choice

EPS probably showed up, CN police said hey our guys are going for an injunction, EPS said oh ok we will stand by. Thats my guess
Old 02-19-2020, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore View Post

Well that's good enough for me!
Next blockade I come upon she's pedal to the metal!
Old 02-19-2020, 09:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well instead of charging them under a couple sections of the Criminal Code, they took the long route via injunction

Unnecessary but thats CN's choice

EPS probably showed up, CN police said hey our guys are going for an injunction, EPS said oh ok we will stand by. Thats my guess
Yes, EPS was there. From the protester’s video that I looked at I saw at least one and the protester kept calling for the EPS to stop them dismantling the barricade......lol.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:41 PM

Quote:

Why would you call them Rednecks ??? They were just a few hard working law abiding concerned tax paying non wearing mask Canadian citizens. Sure hope you don't have a issues on what they did.
Old 02-19-2020, 10:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjr View Post
Why would you call them Rednecks ??? They were just a few hard working law abiding concerned tax paying non wearing mask Canadian citizens. Sure hope you don't have a issues on what they did.
Because that’s what most of US, as in me too, are. Hard working, law abiding, working class people. I don’t consider the term Redneck derogatory in the least and i’m Proud to be an Alberta Redneck.

Do you even Redneck......lol.
Old 02-19-2020, 10:12 PM

Default Kenny no go nads..

Jason Kenny needs to get a set of nuts and charge the protesters immediately the minute they blocked the line.
Old 02-19-2020, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat175 View Post
Jason Kenny needs to get a set of nuts and charge the protesters immediately the minute they blocked the line.
I think that police, who are actually there and seeing a crime in progress, need to take action.

Unfortunately, the actual cops on scene are not the ones making the decisions. They know their role before they even get there. I cant imagine their frustration.

You gotta know that when cops show up and appear to do nothing, there is some cowardly higher ranked "cop" back at the office calling the shots. Unwilling to make a firm decision for fear that it will affect their next promotion.
Old 02-19-2020, 10:32 PM

Kenney said he expects the police to enforce the law, but the protest was ended before the injunction ruling.
Old 02-19-2020, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Because that’s what most of US, as in me too, are. Hard working, law abiding, working class people. I don’t consider the term Redneck derogatory in the least and i’m Proud to be an Alberta Redneck.

Do you even Redneck......lol.
Yes the back of my neck just might be a "bit" red and yes I'm Proud of that
Old 02-19-2020, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
I feel like, if I were to randomly come across one of the blockades. I would make the news. I know I'm not the only one who is fed up with this.
Like this guy?

https://globalnews.ca/news/6533542/v...ockade-arrest/

Bout time for a civil war, when can we get this started?
Old 02-19-2020, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Simple. They are trespassing on railway property. See how long you get away with that ?

Grizz
Well this is going on what, 2 weeks now? It boggles my mind they haven't just walked in and arrested any of these people on the tracks yet, they are trespassing after all. So why are the rail lines and the police doing nothing?
Old 02-19-2020, 11:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes_G View Post
Well this is going on what, 2 weeks now? It boggles my mind they haven't just walked in and arrested any of these people on the tracks yet, they are trespassing after all. So why are the rail lines and the police doing nothing?
They’re afraid of another Oka. I spent that entire summer on 6 hours notice to move for that one and it screwed up every weekend. In the end they never called us in anyway. Disappointing.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:25 PM

#shutcanadadown. Start with treaty cheques. And the taps to BC. Then politicians paycheques. Then RCMP paycheques. They don’t do **** all any way. They’ve already caused a bunch of layoffs and cost a bunch of hard working people and businesses a lot of money. I just hope the ones who voted in the moron start to feel the consequences of that very poor decision soon. I’ve got three daughters 16 and under and I truly worry about their future. I love Alberta but it’s getting to be a very hard place to live.

To the people who dismantled the barricades. Thank you.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post
Like this guy?

https://globalnews.ca/news/6533542/v...ockade-arrest/

Bout time for a civil war, when can we get this started?
Wow.
That officer charged him with obstruction after the officer admitted that he was only "observing because that's all I can do"? And because "it's complicated"?
If that guy lawyers up they are going to have a field day with him.
Why wouldn't he just continue observing and keeping the peace? Silly move arresting him.
They both had equal right to be there and the protesters admitted that the items were part of a blockade. Litter, essentially.
The man arrested was simply clearing the road of debris.

This will only get uglier if the police keep policing the innocent.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:40 PM
Banned

What are the Facebook groups that support the blockades?
Old 02-20-2020, 12:14 AM
Banned

Lol, Canadians or more specifically Albertans doesn't have the balls to do what needs to be done to these "protesters".

Here's what Albertans will actually do. "Reeeee~ The protesters are blocking the rails! Reeee~~~!" all the while seeping tim hortons coffee inside the safe space of Tim Hortons.

And then after the protesters successfully bent Alberta with no lube, thus causing massive exodus of companies to leave to the US or other countries. The Albertans will be "where did all the companies go?"
Old 02-20-2020, 12:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaHunter View Post
Lol, Canadians or more specifically Albertans doesn't have the balls to do what needs to be done to these "protesters".

Here's what Albertans will actually do. "Reeeee~ The protesters are blocking the rails! Reeee~~~!" all the while seeping tim hortons coffee inside the safe space of Tim Hortons.

And then after the protesters successfully bent Alberta with no lube, thus causing massive exodus of companies to leave to the US or other countries. The Albertans will be "where did all the companies go?"
Challenge accepted.

Today’s events indicate differently.
Old 02-20-2020, 05:58 AM

Bought and paid for by Goldman Sachs. Et al. Shalom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I came to Ottawa with the firm belief that the only people in this country who should have guns are police officers and soldiers."

— Allan Rock, Canada's Minister of Justice
Maclean's "Taking aim on guns", 1994 April 25, Vol.107 Issue 17, page 12.

"... protection of life is NOT a legitimate use for a firearm in this country sir! Not! That is expressly ruled out!".

— Justice Minister Allan Rock