Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-20-2020, 03:41 PM

I can't believe my ears of what I just heard on an interview with Bill Blair;

This can not be happening; are you ready for this.

Bill Blair just said, explicitly, that the government has now done everything it can to resolve with the indigenous leaders and that the government will wait for the those leaders to come to the table and tell the government what their stance is.

Our governance and present decision making has officially been passed down to a small group of indigenous chiefs who are not elected or recognized by the public of Canada.

This is really, really bad.
Old 02-20-2020, 03:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunluvr View Post
If you can't pay you go to jail. Oh forgot. There's too many fn in jail so they go free.
Honestly, I’d like to know whether there is anything in the treaties protecting the land from lawsuits? If they own the land then it should be fair game. I know if I willingly set out to purposely sabotage a business that they could look for restitution. I’m 100% positive if this is a legal avenue that can be utilized I guarantee we would never ever see this type of illegal activity because the band would take care of it before it ever happens.
Old 02-20-2020, 03:46 PM

"You cant get blood from a stone . if cn won a civil suit these people likely have no assets ( they obviously dont work ) so a judge could order them to pay one dollar or one million dollars . they wont pay a penny so it wont inconvenience them in the least"

Please do not play Lawyer.

Summary Judgement for Liquidated Damages is available. the Judge will not award a Dollar.

If the person has been convicted of Mischief (S. 430 (1) CC) from the incident, then under the Bankruptcy Act, the damages from the Judgement will not be extinguished.

Yes, "Mr. Skidsville" will have nothing, but alot of others will. When they have something to lose, we will see what their resolve really is.

Collections has a funny way of changing people's thinking, and the thinking of others who realize that they too may be facing a multi million dollar Judgement for their illegal activities.

Drewski
Old 02-20-2020, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkin View Post

Bill Blair just said, explicitly, that the government has now done everything it can to resolve with the indigenous leaders and that the government will wait for the those leaders to come to the table and tell the government what their stance is.

Our governance and present decision making has officially been passed down to a small group of indigenous chiefs who are not elected or recognized by the public of Canada.

I expect nothing less from blubbering Bill Blair the buffoon.......
How any rational person out east in his riding could vote for that fool is beyond me. When he was a Chief for Toronto Police Service he was despised and yet here we are with him being the guy in charge of Public Safety for all of Canada - disgraceful !
Old 02-20-2020, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
"You cant get blood from a stone . if cn won a civil suit these people likely have no assets ( they obviously dont work ) so a judge could order them to pay one dollar or one million dollars . they wont pay a penny so it wont inconvenience them in the least"

Summary Judgement for Liquidated Damages is available. the Judge will not award a Dollar.

If the person has been convicted of Mischief (S. 430 (1) CC) from the incident, then under the Bankruptcy Act, the damages from the Judgement will not be extinguished.

Yes, "Mr. Skidsville" will have nothing, but alot of others will. When they have something to lose, we will see what their resolve really is.

Collections has a funny way of changing people's thinking, and the thinking of others who realize that they too may be facing a multi million dollar Judgement for their illegal activities.

Drewski

Those bloodless stones would care if their monthly government cheques stopped showing up though yes?

Want to protest and disrupt economy? No cheque for you. Your band wants to force more delays with the country moving forward? No cheques for you.

Hit em where it hurts and I guarantee it'll wake these do nothing slugs up. Better yet? Send their welfare, unemployment, federal grants, monthly apology that goes forever stipend, etc via train. That'll end blockades fast.
Old 02-20-2020, 03:57 PM

Of course CBC is grasping to redirect the current narrative highlighting the inaction and incompetence of our current government.

Conservative leadership hopeful Peter MacKay is facing blowback after posting — then deleting — a tweet that expressed support for counter-protesters who dismantled a barricade erected by supporters of the Wet'suwet'en hereditary chiefs near Edmonton on Wednesday.

"Glad to see a couple Albertans with a pickup truck can do more for our economy in an afternoon than Justin Trudeau could do in four years," the tweet read.

Sad that his team felt it should have been deleted - I think it was spot on.

Of course CBC also disabled comments as they always do for any First Nations stories.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/mac...ades-1.5470209
Old 02-20-2020, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkin View Post

I'm guessing that was the same interview I watched, with Evan Solomon on Power Play?
Anyway, I am just making a big tub of popcorn and watching Canada go down the tubes. Wife went out and spent $500 at Costco, we are stocked up easily for 6 months....if this doesn't blow up somewhere I'm going to be shocked.

And yes, the leftist paid for media is very much trying to change the narrative from the absolutely useless government, and their inaction, to painting Scheer and McKay as racist mob provocateurs.

What a ball-less lot of worthless deadweight that is not running the country, but actively ruining it.

Sooner or later, when they get good and strangled out east, the pitchforks and torches are gonna come out. It's not gonna end well, or peacefully, and the government wants the police to back off....Jesus wept.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-20-2020, 04:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post

Drewski

I didn’t say go after money, I said go after land. They could opt to having their welfare checks garnished.
Old 02-20-2020, 04:54 PM

You guys dreaming of fn people being jailed or paying fines.... lol, haven’t you learned anything?
They will walk away with more than they started with. Maybe a medal too.
Reality check boys. Lol
Old 02-20-2020, 05:31 PM

Well, on a brighter note, QC is running out of propane, and they are having a cold spell. Too bad.

https://business.financialpost.com/n...ation-supplies

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-20-2020, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Well, on a brighter note, QC is running out of propane, and they are having a cold spell. Too bad.

https://business.financialpost.com/n...ation-supplies
There is always a silver lining.
Old 02-20-2020, 05:52 PM

Smile Accountable

The protesters should be held 100% responsible for lost monies,lay offs,wages,fuel,Rcmp,clean up,lost profits,this debt should follow them throughout there lives,ruin there credit if they have and or the bands there are established with pay it all back,then maybe they will stop being so pathetic
Old 02-20-2020, 06:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
You guys dreaming of fn people being jailed or paying fines.... lol, haven’t you learned anything?
They will walk away with more than they started with. Maybe a medal too.
Reality check boys. Lol
Before they moved into Alberta I didn’t think you could move a fn blockade either.
Old 02-20-2020, 06:43 PM

Default talk away !!!!!!!!!!!NO big deal

What a entertaining thread to read Such entertaining thought's from (some individuals )thought process I know its still winter nothing better to do .
Old 02-20-2020, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by last minute View Post
What a entertaining thread to read Such entertaining thought's from (some individuals )thought process I know its still winter nothing better to do .
Care to expand?

Thomas Sowell
Old 02-20-2020, 07:06 PM

What I want to see is the blockades stopped. Masked and unmasked protesters who are not Canadian banned from returning.

Then I want to see open and transparent facts on what the issues are for FN.

I want to see a full and complete lists of issues such as breach of contract related to treaties, missing treaties and land claims and anything else. In other words let’s lay it all out on the table. Likely education and understanding of the issues will help both sides as well as FN members and general Canadian public.

As part of this list, reasonable and practical solutions need to be put forward by FN. Then going forward there is to be no funny business. No favoriting one FN over another, no family over another unless FN wants to do away with elected governance.

Then public and transparent discussions and counter ideas. So that all sides and all Canadians know what is happening.

May be more complicated to start. May take more time at the onset. Will save tons of time on getting buy-in because of transparency.

Let’s face it. There is a problem. Government usually sucks to deal with. The way forward is action. Trudeau promised this to FN at both elections. He fail FN also as well as Albertans. We share that.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-20-2020, 07:08 PM

FREE LAWYER: Any non-violent Canadian who does what Trudeau’s cowardly police won’t do, and dismantles these illegal blockades on roads and railways, will receive a free lawyer paid for by @RebelNewsOnline if police arrest you for taking out the trash.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-20-2020, 07:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
FREE LAWYER: Any non-violent Canadian who does what Trudeau’s cowardly police won’t do, and dismantles these illegal blockades on roads and railways, will receive a free lawyer paid for by @RebelNewsOnline if police arrest you for taking out the trash.

#AlbertaStrong
Old 02-20-2020, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Care to expand?

Guess where his allegiances lie? Now guess why? Defender of all things FN. Guess why?

Even his signature is Wrong.
Old 02-20-2020, 07:16 PM

I like Sundance's point. Any person attending an illegal politically-motivated protest who is either not a Canadian citizen or not formally residing here with the paperwork to prove it (ie: not a political-protest, pot-stirring tourist) should be both deported and blacklisted from re-entry to our nation.
Old 02-20-2020, 07:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Care to expand?
This is hilarious...I've had him on ignore forever and after what he just wrote..I remember why..I can only see what he scribbles IF someone quotes him I'm talking about LMinute
Old 02-20-2020, 07:39 PM

I realize that the RCMP being a federal police force can’t act without the “go ahead “ from our prime minister. I’m wondering why can’t Jason Kenny ask our Alberta Sheriffs to dismantle these blockades ?
Old 02-20-2020, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by landowner View Post
I realize that the RCMP being a federal police force can’t act without the “go ahead “ from our prime minister. I’m wondering why can’t Jason Kenny ask our Alberta Sheriffs to dismantle these blockades ?
Why would anyone think that the RCMP need federal authorization?

RCMP do not call Trudeau every time something happens.

They were likely specifically told to stand down, but when feces goes sideways they get on the road to the issue.

I have never realized or even thought they had to wait for 'ok' from Turtleau.

Alberta Sheriff's are Court Sheriffs. That is not in their work description. 911 goes to Emergency Services, not the Courthouse.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-20-2020, 08:05 PM

Ok , I get it about the Sheriffs. But I’m pretty sure the RCMP are in close contact with the PMO on deciding their next move. Which seems to be ,, do nothing .
Old 02-21-2020, 12:27 PM

Default Blockade

So, I am a little naive on a matter with regards to these people.

Are the blockades that are happening not illegal, being a crime and against the law?

The people that are manning these blockades all seem to be masked.

Is not wearing a mask while committing any crime, illegal?

If so, are they not committing 2 different crimes?

Why, when there are injunctions in place, do the RCMP, our City of Edmonton Police not enforce the law? Are they a bunch of chicken.....ts?

To busy giving out tickets?

Does the average person need to start taking the law into their own hands?

Why doesn't CN engine just start slowly creeping down the track? I think if they did, the rats would then scurry away.

What a messed up friggin' situation. And Justin cannot either grow a set, or put on his big boy pants. Just wants to have a meaningful dialoge.

Teck mine approval?

I wonder how Donald would respond?

Probably get a time out for this one.
Old 02-21-2020, 12:50 PM

The reason that it is so confusing is because the actions do not stem from a "normal" set of circumstances and people. What I mean is that 4 or 5 militant chiefs have usurped the voice and power from the Wet’suwet’en people through a vehicle called the Office of the Wet’suwet’en.

Wet’suwet’en people would never put the country in this situation; it would not be for the good of anyone.

In essence, the governments are attempting to negotiate with a radical group that has been media broadcast to be the people of the Wet’suwet’en.

Because of many other existing issues in the area of indigenous disputes, many other bands around the country have come to the side of the radicals; this has made the issue even more convoluted.

During the past few years the militant chiefs and their agenda has been very well funded through things such as #GoFundMe and even a grant from the BC province that was misdirected.

The problem, as I see it, is that the government is now in way too deep to backtrack and is compounded by the false narrative that this is reconciliation. And of course the government wants to maintain power.

I've linked this before in an earlier post but I will put it here again as a good starting point to try to understand a bit of what precipitated the situation. At the bottom right of the page, under "Most Read Articles" you will find the information that I have basically just regurgitated here.

https://www.jlsreport.com/2019/03/29...in-legitimate/

I'm sure that I don't fully understand the situation because I am not a part of it, but that is how I see it in general. Inform yourself is my advice, don't take my point of view without questioning it.

Last edited by Walkin; 02-21-2020 at 12:57 PM.
Old 02-21-2020, 01:01 PM

Negotiating with radical group doing what is happening is a terrorist. I thought we don’t negotiate with terrorists... we should arrest and jail and punish
Old 02-21-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Negotiating with radical group doing what is happening is a terrorist. I thought we don’t negotiate with terrorists... we should arrest and jail and punish
We not only negotiate with Terrorists in this country we hand them $10,000,000.00 for their troubles.

BW
Old 02-21-2020, 02:00 PM

Yup, I have a feeling that millions more will leave the taxpayers pocket to end these blockades as well......
Old 02-21-2020, 02:07 PM

Blockades ordered down by JT, he says it has to be obeyed ,news flash on my phone.

Who is going to obey him or maybe send in the army.

Maybe someone can find the news clip from CTV and post it.

JD