Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-22-2020, 09:37 AM

Sending in the army is never going to fly and is not the right thing to do on lots of levels.

What needs to be done, and I hope is being done, is that junior ministers are quietly meeting other bands, saying, "look, now more than ever we are trying to give you a fair shake, and you are cutting off the hand.... just so you know, funding for every single current project will cut in half starting tomorrow, and if this persists, no new funding will be announced"

This would stiffen the spines of the majority of natives (who support these projects), and the hereditary chiefs would be run out of town the next day.
Old 02-22-2020, 12:35 PM

What will happen is CGL after an additional 30 day consultation, and there is still no agreement? What if CGL says something similar to Kinder Morgan and just backs out? LNG Canada would be in a bind for sure.
Will the taxpayers have to purchase a 2nd pipeline?
If these sort of things continue there will be a huge brain here in Canada. This whole thing is getting ridiculous, there will be less investment in Canada going forward for sure, just not worth the capital expenditure.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...tion-1.5472128

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2020, 12:43 PM
Banned

Thumbs down

Does anyone else see the timing of this announcement as just a tad suspicious?

B.C. environmental agency puts portion of Coastal Gaslink pipeline on hold

The EAO in B.C. is asking for two requirements to be fulfilled specifically; “How Aboriginal Traditional Knowledge was gathered and incorporated,” into CGL’s impact report, and a request “that the approach to gathering this information and the results be respectfully and appropriately presented when possible.”

The agency is also asking for additional information regarding the “opportunities CGL provided to Indigenous nations to be involved (e.g., who was involved, what role). Efforts made to respectfully and appropriately gather and present the information provided.”

“After consideration of the feedback received and on the basis of our own reviews, the EAO requested clarification and additional information from CGL in relation to a number of in particular: the selection of valued components; the consistency of the methodology used to assess particular valued components with the Application Information Requirements; the incorporation of Aboriginal Traditional Knowledge; and, how feedback from Indigenous nations had been responded to and addressed,”

https://aptnnews.ca/2020/02/21/b-c-e...eline-on-hold/
Old 02-22-2020, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffy71 View Post
Sending in the army is never going to fly and is not the right thing to do on lots of levels.

What needs to be done, and I hope is being done, is that junior ministers are quietly meeting other bands, saying, "look, now more than ever we are trying to give you a fair shake, and you are cutting off the hand.... just so you know, funding for every single current project will cut in half starting tomorrow, and if this persists, no new funding will be announced"

This would stiffen the spines of the majority of natives (who support these projects), and the hereditary chiefs would be run out of town the next day.
You are right, sending in the army is a terrible idea. The army should never be used to attack it's own citizens. However I disagree with Dialogue. What needs to happen is simple; the police must enforce the law!!! Nothing more, nothing less.

If the PM has no right to command into the Federal Police force, and the PREMIERS have no control over the provincial police, and all level of policing are free to ignore the commands of the court then what exactly is their role and who do they answer to? I am being serious, who do the police answer to and what is their role if not to enforce the law?
Old 02-22-2020, 05:39 PM

I’m thinking all provinces,businesses,farmers and workers affected by the blockades should launch a lawsuit(s) against first nations involved for the money that has been lost plus the hardships that affected people are going through.
Wonder how that would go.
Old 02-22-2020, 06:10 PM

Just saw the protesters at blockades are ignoring Pope Justin's finger wagging demand that they dismantle blockades.

What??

I thought for sure his stern voice and lecture was going to restore order in Canada. Color me shocked.

Now what is he going to do? Give them additional money and concessions, and think that is going to solve it? Better make a big tub of popcorn, it's gonna be a long show. Like, a double feature.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-22-2020, 06:20 PM
Banned

Arrow

Old 02-22-2020, 06:58 PM

Know what's ironic and disgusting at this point, Eastern Canada getting starved of heating fuel delivered by rail ;but guess who helped vote sparkle socks in.....eastern Canada. Bundle up folks, you are partly to blame. A heavy handed approach will be infectious to future blockades.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:37 PM
Banned

Arrow

Wet’suwet’en chiefs, Mohawks dig in heels on blockade

Anyone hoping that Wet’suwet’en hereditary chiefs who met with Tyendinaga Mohawks in Ontario this week were there to broker an end to a two-week long blockade of railways is in for disappointment.

If anything, things may have now escalated.

In other words, Canada and First Nations could be headed for a standoff. And the last time the Mohawk people were involved in a standoff – the Oka crisis of 1990 – one police officer was killed and the region was paralyzed for weeks, after Mohawks seized the Mercier Bridge.

https://www.alaskahighwaynews.ca/reg...ade-1.24081911
Old 02-23-2020, 08:05 AM

Every political action taken by FN is to squeeze more money out of taxpayers. The latest 2.1 billion shows it works. It's no coincidence that this is happening when federal leadership has sunk to an all-time low. Bullies and opportunistic schemers always seek out weakness to exploit.
I don't know if the thick-headed liberal voters in eastern Canada will ever get it, but the ongoing strangulation of commodities down there looks good on them. There's a message there, if they aren't too stupid to see it. Honestly, would a conservative government do any worse?
FN's domestic poverty always gets blamed on lack of money from Ottawa. If it somehow appeared their poverty wasn't as serious, funding would diminish. It's in FN leadership's best interest to keep that poverty alive. Corrupt band leaders' inappropriation of funds keeps the system going.
Anti-pipeline and environmental action taken by FN lately has NOTHING to do with so-called traditional land stewardship. It's ALL about money. And we just forked over $2.1 billion more, that we don't have. We have to borrow it.
Is that supposed to make us look more responsible?
Old 02-23-2020, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffy71 View Post

Remember not too long ago, when the FN were demanding use and control of all Canada's Military to defend them? That would only have been against domestic threat. The power of the Military is something they respect and fear. If it comes to a point where the Rcmp city police and sheriff's are overwhelmed the Military must be called in

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-23-2020, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulehahn View Post
You are right, sending in the army is a terrible idea. The army should never be used to attack it's own citizens. However I disagree with Dialogue. What needs to happen is simple; the police must enforce the law!!! Nothing more, nothing less.

If the PM has no right to command into the Federal Police force, and the PREMIERS have no control over the provincial police, and all level of policing are free to ignore the commands of the court then what exactly is their role and who do they answer to? I am being serious, who do the police answer to and what is their role if not to enforce the law?
When citizens turn of Canada and attack other citizens are they citizens or domestic terrorists?

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-23-2020, 09:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunluvr View Post
Every political action taken by FN is to squeeze more money out of taxpayers. The latest 2.1 billion shows it works. It's no coincidence that this is happening when federal leadership has sunk to an all-time low. Bullies and opportunistic schemers always seek out weakness to exploit.
I don't know if the thick-headed liberal voters in eastern Canada will ever get it, but the ongoing strangulation of commodities down there looks good on them. There's a message there, if they aren't too stupid to see it. Honestly, would a conservative government do any worse?
FN's domestic poverty always gets blamed on lack of money from Ottawa. If it somehow appeared their poverty wasn't as serious, funding would diminish. It's in FN leadership's best interest to keep that poverty alive. Corrupt band leaders' inappropriation of funds keeps the system going.
Anti-pipeline and environmental action taken by FN lately has NOTHING to do with so-called traditional land stewardship. It's ALL about money. And we just forked over $2.1 billion more, that we don't have. We have to borrow it.
Is that supposed to make us look more responsible?
I remember when Harper demanded to see all of the books from all of the reservations across canada. Wow did that open some eyes and show how poorly the band leaders exploited their own people. And we didnt even get to see how bad the worst offenders were because they were refusing to comply and were trying to take the feds to court.
Old 02-23-2020, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
I remember when Harper demanded to see all of the books from all of the reservations across canada. Wow did that open some eyes and show how poorly the band leaders exploited their own people. And we didnt even get to see how bad the worst offenders were because they were refusing to comply and were trying to take the feds to court.
Trudeau gets into power and put an end to the demand for the books. Why he went out of his way to help these chiefs hide the corruption that Harper started to expose makes no sense

The exposure of the corruption could have been beneficial to the average FN and the rest of the country. Only ones who would potentially see negative impact was crooked chiefs

Another prime example of Trudeau stupidity
Old 02-23-2020, 10:04 AM

I guess it’s racist to expect some accountability And transparency from the chiefs. I’m thinking the people who would benefit the most from the books being opened are the majority of Indians living on reserves.
Old 02-23-2020, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody j View Post
I guess it’s racist to expect some accountability And transparency from the chiefs. I’m thinking the people who would benefit the most from the books being opened are the majority of Indians living on reserves.
Everything is racist. A white woman or 'man' standing in protest calls other white people racist because they disagree with her or him?

You see it constantly. Racist is the new slam for everything.

Old 02-23-2020, 11:00 AM

Quote:
I recall the one chief of some 200 people made more than Harper. Everyone knows there is corruption. If your not with or voted for the "family" that is in power, your out and hurting. It is no wonder those councils did not submit their books.

With the billions we hand over, why won't these bands make life on the reserve better. I got to think with all the education options the FN youth have, some would want to take full advantage and come out with tickets galore and go back to their bands and use that funding to develop their water treatment, housing & resource issues.
Old 02-23-2020, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Very likely the truth. I have worked on and around more than one reserve during my seismic life. In Wabasaca, if you had a certain last name, you lived the good life. If not, you got whatever was left over. Kind of like having the last name trudeau I guess. That info came from local band members that worked on the crew. Maybe they had a axe to grind, but those were their words, not mine.

There is a reason some of the chiefs didn't want to show Harper the "books". No matter selfie the clueless clown fixed that up as soon as was elected. Look where that got him! Theresa Spence has some very questionable expenses from her time as chief in Attawapiskat. One being more than $850 / day paid to her boyfriend (tax free of course ) as a manager of some sort. That is only one example that came to mind right off the top of my head. I'm sure I wouldn't have to dig very hard to come up with lots more. Governments everywhere can be corrupt!
Old 02-23-2020, 01:07 PM
Banned

Arrow

Trudeau Version II obviously fell a looooooong ways from the tree...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeTsQQ22Uwc

Nog
Old 02-23-2020, 03:37 PM

Hoping one day everyone will realize what a loser we got in. I dream of a day where we could all agree that we need to kick him so hard, that his micro berries would be crowding the lymph nodes in his neck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1582002357351_2.jpg (20.9 KB, 102 views)

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 02-23-2020, 04:06 PM
Banned

Arrow

These protesters can best be compared to children having a temper tantrum. When parents indulge a child having a fit through lavishing attention and heaping bribes upon them, what happens? The protesters are only becoming emboldened as a cowardly state pleads with them to step aside. These children need a time out, rather than a reward and that can only be done if and when the law is enforced.

The precedent being set as the state cowers is nothing less than disastrous. The uprising over this simple pipeline is merely a taste of what we are going to see if and when shovels ever actually hit the ground in British Columbia on the Trans Mountain Pipeline expansion project. Professional activists are gleefully giggling over this national paralysis in the face of protesters as they know that they will be able to take the nation hostage with impunity.

https://www.westernstandardonline.co...-are-at-fault/
Old 02-23-2020, 04:31 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Health authority monitoring on-leave employee heading up taxpayer-funded protest camp
A British Columbia civil servant has a surprising second job – she is a director at the Unist'ot'en camp originally created to block any pipeline that might be planned for a North West corridor. Her government employer is monitoring the situation, just weeks after $400,000 in public funding was announced for the camp.

The Feb. 8 video, published in social media, shows Huson, Tait and others barricading a public logging bridge over Morice River in defiance of a court injunction, while Huson burns what was claimed to be the court injunction currently being enforced.

https://www.resourceworks.com/unistoten

There is a hell of a LOT more exposed in this article.
Well worth the read for any interested!

Cheers,
Nog
Old 02-23-2020, 04:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Lever View Post
Hoping one day everyone will realize what a loser we got in. I dream of a day where we could all agree that we need to kick him so hard, that his micro berries would be crowding the lymph nodes in his neck!
I agree, however you need to post this on some site EAST of Manitoba....I'm incensed on the lack of political acumen from the EAST !!
Old 02-23-2020, 04:54 PM

Trudeau Version II obviously fell a looooooong ways from the tree...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeTsQQ22Uwc

Mr. Iron Noggin!!!

THAT'S NO WAY TO TALK ABOUT FIDEL'S SON!!!

(Sure ain't the Cajones of PET between JT's legs!)

Drewski
Old 02-23-2020, 05:14 PM

Local dairy and hog farmers need to go with their honey wagons loaded with liquid spray poop and give them a shower, these protesters all stink.
Old 02-23-2020, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerrat View Post
Local dairy and hog farmers need to go with their honey wagons loaded with liquid spray poop and give them a shower, these protesters all stink.
Now that sounds like a great idea
Old 02-23-2020, 05:36 PM

Tyendinaga Mohawks say they've been given midnight deadline to clear camps

Ontario Provincial Police and CN Rail have told the Mohawks they have to clear their camps in Tyendinaga, Ont., by midnight ET tonight or they will face a police investigation and charges, Tyendinaga Mohawk Seth Lefort tells CBC News.

This should happened two weeks ago before the situation festered into a huge mess.
Old 02-23-2020, 05:47 PM

Wow, didn’t think there was still an OPP. Clear them out boys and start taking back this country!!
Old 02-23-2020, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Tyendinaga Mohawks say they've been given midnight deadline to clear camps

Ontario Provincial Police and CN Rail have told the Mohawks they have to clear their camps in Tyendinaga, Ont., by midnight ET tonight or they will face a police investigation and charges, Tyendinaga Mohawk Seth Lefort tells CBC News.

This should happened two weeks ago before the situation festered into a huge mess.
I sure hope they do, but unfortunately they’ll only set up elsewhere. Until the protesters a jailed I don’t see these blockades ending anytime soon.

BW
Old 02-25-2020, 07:25 PM
Banned

stupid 2.jpg