Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 03-11-2019, 10:36 AM

Default Time to "Pay-It-Forward"

Good Morning All.
With the kindness shown to me in the last few days, I have decided that tying a half dozen flies for a few of you out there that may be struggling too is a place I could at least make a start. I'm going to limit it to six people first, in order not to be overwhelmed with responses.
Please note, I am not a commercial tier but can supply the first six people that respond to me with what they fish for and their preference. I will be contacting the Alberta Cancer Foundation for what they used to have as a Ladies Fly Fishing retreat to tie for them as well.
I tie what I think are nice chronies 20-18-16-14, buggers, minnows 2/0, 1/0, 6-8 is what I currently have hooks for.
I like to tie dry foam-types as well. My versions of grasshoppers, beetles.

When I have six responses, I will post who they are, suspend the offer and once I am caught up, I will open it up again to six more.
Ken, I am doing some research on your Salmon Flies but need to get some stainless hooks for salt.
Please, I am trying to help out a few people for others kindness toward me and my family, I ask that you allow the less fortunate the initial opportunity for which I will mail them out once completed.
Respond by PM with your requests, questions, preferences and contact info.
Thanks.....Rick
AKA-FHD
Old 03-12-2019, 09:49 AM
Suspended User

Good for you. Always feels good to help others. I've spent the last few decades doing what I can to earn good karma to make up for my evil doings of the past. Lol I think I'm ahead now. Thinking of starting a beginners fishing club here to get others into it. Hope things are going better for your family.
Old 03-12-2019, 03:16 PM

Ok. I have one person that I should be able to satisfy tonight to complete their order.
If the grandkids have kept their sticky little hands off my feathers!! lol

Thank you to those who are reaching out for my offer and NO, I don't expect money for these. It's my turn to reciprocate and my pleasure!

I will take a few orders from people that are maybe just starting out or thinking about getting into fly fishing and would like some "basic" flies they could use.
PM please.
Wishing everyone a nice day!
FHD
Old 03-29-2019, 08:49 AM

Default Next!

Good Morning.
For those of you that have contacted me regarding my offer of tied flies, I have completed them for you. If you haven't already made arrangements to pick up your bugs, please do so.

The feedback has been quite positive on my ties and I appreciate hearing it!

Thanks....Rick
AKA....FHD
Old 03-31-2019, 06:59 PM

Default beginners fly tying group??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDave View Post
Good for you. Always feels good to help others. I've spent the last few decades doing what I can to earn good karma to make up for my evil doings of the past. Lol I think I'm ahead now. Thinking of starting a beginners fishing club here to get others into it. Hope things are going better for your family.
I would be interested in this group if you do start one,..