Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 01-28-2015, 12:47 PM
AO Sponsor

Default The Chinese Are Back!!!

I spoke with a Senior NAFA official yesterday, ya kinda senior citizenish, not sure if he pulls any weight!

Anyways, he sez over 200 Chinese Buyers attending the sale!!! That would look a little different than in May, hardly any Chinese there, and therefore the Buffet kinda sucked!

Maybe they'll wine and dine us with elegance if we show up? (maybe they'll chase us away with a big stick, to make room for important people)

I suspect the market will re-establish itself, and that it is in process already. Perhaps by the May sale in June things will look a whole lot brighter? It was anticipated that there would be scads of unwanted ranch mink laying around stagnating the market, perhaps the market will take off, hopefully in a healthy way this time. Time will tell.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:18 PM
Banned

Yup, I'm a little more optimistic for my muskrats. Mink sales today are going good as well.

Prices Advance on the First Day of NAFA’s January Mink Sale

The first day of NAFA’s January mink sale opened to a crowded auction room, filled with international buyers eager to bid on NAFA’s impressive collection of Pastel mink. Enthusiastic and highly competitive bidding continued throughout the day as nearly 400 buyers representing all markets, but clearly dominated by China, bought all of the mink that NAFA had to offer. Pastel, Palomino and Mahogany mink all sold at very strong and advancing levels from the last international auction.

Today’s mink auction was capped off by the sale of NAFA’s world renowned collection of Black males, including the Black NAFA collection, which also sold at impressive price levels, especially considering the current market situation.

It is clear that, at least for the moment, China is both driving and dominating the world’s fur market. In a mere matter of weeks, events and retail sales activity in China appear to have turned the fur market around.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:58 PM

working nights tonight whats your best guess on when rats will be up tomorrow Id say sometime after dinner they got a bunch of mink to get through first anyone else excited ,anxious,nervous, lets go china man.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:01 PM

The Chinese may be back......not helping with marten prices!
Old 01-29-2015, 09:13 AM

I think even better is the fact that the Koreans are also there and bidding they were the ones that stepped up and kept rats high when china took a break they were not at the last couple sales when rats fell and thats partly why so lets hope china and south korea go head to head and shock us all like the coyotes come on rats.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
I think even better is the fact that the Koreans are also there and bidding they were the ones that stepped up and kept rats high when china took a break they were not at the last couple sales when rats fell and thats partly why so lets hope china and south korea go head to head and shock us all like the coyotes come on rats.
Well I guess that one didn't happen
Old 01-31-2015, 12:56 PM

ya not even close wow. NAFA says instead of korea buying them at auction now theyll buy them finished from china that sucks.