Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2012, 08:56 PM

Angry Kingfisher Ice tent + Costco return policy + Beaumont Pond Report

Hey Guys,

So, last year sometime in January I got one of the blue, 3 man, Kingfisher ice tents from costco. Worked great all of last year, I've always taken care of it/stored it dry. Now this year I started using it again and I got a mysterious rip near the skirt, cant figure out how that happened but whatever, that must be my fault.

The black coating on the interior is wearing off and now light comes through in pinholes.

The stiches are starting to come loose, slowly but surely.

And the worst thing, for no reason at all the hub for the roof, pulled right through the fabric. It just happened last trip out, no idea why.

Real pain in the butt now, makes it hard to setup.

SO. My tent is in bad shape, Do you guys think 1 year+ later that I could return it to Costco? I know they dont carry them anymore but.....?

I have the original box, and possibly the receipt. Normally Costco has a great return policy, anyone have experience returning things after a year has gone by?

If you guys dont think they will take it back, any advice for how to fix my tent? For the black coating I think some sort of black spray paint will work, i've seen some that are more of a rubbery type paint, I can't remember the purpose for it.

Main thing is the rips and the hub busted through, Is sewing the best way or is there a type of glue thats good?

On another note, Spent a few hours on Beaumont Pond today, I iced one, my cousin iced 2. Had lots of bites, saw quite a few down the hole.
Drilled a couple holes for some guy with a handauger, when he left he gave us his leftover meal worms. I love that aspect to icefishing, helping each other out

Was using maggots, powerbait and mealworms on 1/64oz jigs.

Tight lines!