Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-14-2010, 11:47 AM

Default Snipe Lake

How is the fishing so far this year at Snipe Lake? I think i'm going to head out there on Saturday AM. Any feedback would be great, Thanks in advance
Old 01-14-2010, 02:26 PM

Spent tuesday on Snipe.....VERY SLOW. Locals say the last 4 days has been awful fishing.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:45 PM

My old man was out last sunday and they had an awesome day catching everything from perch, whitefish, and pike.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:36 PM

Wife and me spent Friday and Saturday at Snipe. Friday on northeast corner to the right of the campsite, got skunked, couple bites, saw a few whites and pikes but weren't hungry. Saturday moved to the sw side, everyone lined up about 200 yards from the weeds. Wife pulled in an 18" White and 12" Perch. All I got was a 10" Perch. Talked to a few guys there and a couple lcoals, and been slow for everyone. Sunday tried Smoke Lake for few hours - nothing - alot of flood water spots., then Iosegun til dark and nothing. Had a great time out with the weather though.

May head north or northeast, Slave Lake or LL biche areas, on a white and perch hunt, any suggestions from anyone?
Old 01-14-2010, 05:36 PM

any suggestions from anyone?[/QUOTE]

Ya i got a suggestion... I think snipe needs more fishing pressure eventually someone will find that honey hole. Or even better, lets start yet another thread on SNIPE LAKE...
Old 01-14-2010, 05:41 PM

Oh geez here we go.....

Snipe is fine. It's mid winter. Fishing slows down. All is well in the world.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:10 PM

Good and highly responsive reply Shemag. What what that about? Guess held a few too many beer? Wulfespirit is right, mid winter and fishin' slows down. COMMON SENSE would dictate this wheras most people know this that do any fishing at all!!! Hold another beer and start your own thread on your favorite lake or maybe just ask an honest question to all the people that visit this site with great knowledge and experience fishing in this province on where you might want to fish for a few days if you are heading out of town. OH YEAH, I guess this doesn't make much sense, does it !!!!
Old 01-14-2010, 06:24 PM

OOOPS...sorry guys, i forgot to add the smiley face. Just my stupid attempt at sarcasm. There we go.

Just out of curiousity, i heard of fish being negative after a spawn but never during mid winter. I figured fish had to eat every day just like you or me. Why is it that they slow down during winter???
Old 01-15-2010, 04:29 AM

Default slower metabolism

morning,
My impression from material i've read is in winter, the fishes metabolism(and need to feed) slow due to lower oxygen levels and thedecrease in water temp.
Was just trying to decide where to go drill some holes today, and I think this post settled it.
Long drive so I'd better get ready.
Have a good day!
Ken
Old 01-15-2010, 09:48 AM

Default northeast jumbo perch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeafisherman View Post
Wife and me spent Friday and Saturday at Snipe. Friday on northeast corner to the right of the campsite, got skunked, couple bites, saw a few whites and pikes but weren't hungry. Saturday moved to the sw side, everyone lined up about 200 yards from the weeds. Wife pulled in an 18" White and 12" Perch. All I got was a 10" Perch. Talked to a few guys there and a couple lcoals, and been slow for everyone. Sunday tried Smoke Lake for few hours - nothing - alot of flood water spots., then Iosegun til dark and nothing. Had a great time out with the weather though.

May head north or northeast, Slave Lake or LL biche areas, on a white and perch hunt, any suggestions from anyone?
if you wana find nice perch go to seiburt, spencer, touchwood lake, big johson lake, north buck, hope lake, and ward lake, they all have nice perch...
Old 01-15-2010, 09:59 AM

Regardless to what has been said i'm still going to try my luck at Snipe on Saturday. If i don't catch fish at least i will catch a buzz. Its beats the hell out of sitting at home holding the couch down.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:19 AM

Alberta Redneck, I haven't been skunked at snipe yet, I went out last weekend and caught a very large pike my personal best on the hard water. If you catch him again, tell her I said hi. There were people pulling out perch like crazy and I even seen a wallyeye over 3lbs. the walleye are in there just hard to find I guess.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:26 AM

Maybe just my luck but I have been skunked every time I try Snipe. Others catch fish but not me. I don't go back anymore. Better lakes out here.

WOODY
CSSA NFAMember
Old 01-15-2010, 11:48 AM

I was out on snipe on Saturday. It was slow but still managed to pull out a 10 lbs. pike - one of my biggest yet. A big jig and a large minnow work great.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:13 PM

one thing I have learned is if a fisherman says the fishing is terrible, then he is trying to hide something, I don't understand this whole secret fishing spots not all of us are there to keep our limit everytime we go out.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:28 PM
Banned

ha ha ha .... if uve been skunked on snipe lake you should really take a look at your fishing methods
Old 01-15-2010, 05:57 PM

Question Snipe Slow Fishing ?????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob1202 View Post
ha ha ha .... If uve been skunked on snipe lake you should really take a look at your fishing methods
x1000
Old 01-15-2010, 06:34 PM

I just spent the last 5 minutes reviewing my fishing methods. It all seems good. Catch a ride to the lake with a guy with an auger. Put a hook on my line and sit in my chair. No fish so I say I don't like Snipe. I use the same methods on other lakes and pull in enough to have fun. I you like Snipe then its all yours. Maybe you know better spots than me. Enjoy.

WOODY
CSSA NFAMember
Old 01-15-2010, 10:05 PM

Wink snipe sucks small perch go to mink lake

go to mink lake it's awsome