Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-15-2009, 11:40 AM

Default Swan Lake near Debolt

A buddy and I went fishing to Swan Lake yesterday, on the lake bye 6:00am trolling flys, caught 6 bows within the 1st hour on black and green leaches, then i threw on some random bead headed fly and the real fun began. We slayed them all morning ranging from 1lb to 4lbs, saw a 95year old land a 8lb'er that was excellent, all that experience he must know what he is doing and still fishin' good on him. We netted 29 bows and 1 brookie, and lost easily another 10 or 12. All catch and release. In the middle of the madness i was able to take a few pics, so i'll see if i can upload em'

Alberta Redneck
Old 06-15-2009, 08:37 PM

Brookie in Swan?
Old 06-15-2009, 09:52 PM

It use to be full of Brookies back in the day, I imagine pretty rare now. Any size to the Brookie? I imagine it has had a lot of time to grow! Sounds like a good day there, congrats!!
Old 06-15-2009, 10:06 PM

last time brookies were stocked in swan was in the eighty's
Old 06-16-2009, 03:30 PM

Well i caught a Brookie, it was about 3-4lbs. I have fished long enough to know the differences, anyways i'm heading out again tonight after work. Bye the way how does a guy post pics on here?
Old 06-17-2009, 08:55 PM

redneck, I have a question about Swan for you. Doesn't it **** you off when people can't drive their trucks from the launch and walk back. Also the garbage around that poor lake is terrible. This is probibly the best rainbow lake in Alberta and all the people around there well not all most treat it like crap. I have taken the first 15 minutes before I get into the water to clean some of the mess, but Its a huge garbage dump around there. The worst thing I seen and this is no lie absolute truth is a tampon floating in the water by the shore. I think if this attitude keeps up they will quit stocking the lake and it will be dead in 5 years.