Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 10-15-2011, 10:00 AM

Default I think I got him hooked on bowhunting??

So my younger cousin who I got into rifle hunting finally bought a bow this year after me bugging him for the last 10. He's been shooting a lot and doing really well. My rules are if you want to hunt with me you better be out helping set tree stands and gaining permission ect. So he was out this year experiencing the joys of hanging tree stands in early august heat before the season starts. Anyway I walked him into a stand an hour before legal light and gave him a run down of where to hang his bow and ect. First time ever hunting in a tree stand and first time with a bow he hears two bucks fighting and responds with some light rattling. Soon enough he had two young bucks standing under the tree stand. He opted not to shoot and let these guys grow. I felt a little let down because I would of loved to share his first bowkill with him this frosty am but I'm impressed with his restraint. Anyway I'm pretty sure he is now addicted to bowhunting and I'm sure his rifle will soon start to feel neglected like mine.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:27 AM

Sounds like a very exciting experience for sure ! If that doesn't hook him on bowhunting, nothing will....