Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 08-23-2010, 06:55 PM

Default T3 Montecs?

Anyone shooting these? Thoughts?
Old 08-24-2010, 09:36 AM

i have a buddy who shoots the G5 montecs and he swears by them, have'nt heard of anything bout the T3's. they are probably pretty decent though like most of G5's products. I shoot Muzzy MX3's Myself and love em.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:12 AM

Default Quit Being Cheap

Why dont you just spend they money to buy them and see for yourself...Do you even have a bow??? Come on... Can I come hunt with you this year, my partner isnt treating me right.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:33 PM

I bought G5 Montecs from Trophy Book the other day and shot one a few times before my first hunt of the year yesterday, and they shot just like my field points and 20, 30 and 40 yards. I was pretty impressed. I have paper tuned my bow though.

Last edited by GZ22; 08-26-2010 at 10:45 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:05 PM

Oh BTK
Just because you cant shoot fixed blades because your new Bowteck is out of tune, dont think you can fix it by shooting expandables.
Rumulis, you are oficially a free agent. I got bigger fish to fry.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:37 PM

I got my first kill with them last year... it was a pass through at 60lbs. and 44 yds. The bh didnt live though. one blade cracked and another bent outta 3. I'm going with spitfires this year. they fly the same as my field points.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:21 AM

Default Info

Have some T3's order but made an unexpected trip to Regina so I bought a pack to practice with until I get the shipment. There a little different than your normal mech. broadhead with the blades being held in place with little metal prongs instead of an O ring. Problem is there a real bugger to get out of the target!!!!! Going back to the Montec's G5's for the season.

Note to everyone, Broadheads are VERY VERY sharp!!!!! and if you THINK your doing something stupid when your working with them you probably are!
While putting an insert back in my arrow with the broadhead attached so I could line the blades up with the fletching I put the arrow in the vice used a pair of plyers on the broad head and tried to push the insert into the arrow in the blink of an eye I had a Montec G5 entering just below my thumb nail exiting the otherside on the meaty part of my thumb
Well after leaving a blood trail that every hunter dreams of from the shop to the house where I must have accidently bumped the thermostat to extremely HOT as I was sliding along the wall to the sink because it wasn't long before I had to have a little nap on the floor untill things cooled off a bit. Feeling much refreshed after my little lie down I promptly went outside found my wife trying to hide my pale green sweaty melon and in my manlyest squeak told her I need the truck to go to town for a bit
Went to town, must be a new Doc because he had never heard of anyone ever putting a broadhead through there thumb promptly put 3 stitches in, one for each blade, put a normal size bandaid on and sent me home to my wife who found great humor in the whole ordeal!
Old 08-28-2010, 08:26 AM

Default ww2269

ww2269 how is your hunt going? Heard you missed AGAIN, TWICE
Old 09-01-2010, 11:38 AM

Default Choices

Just sitting here thinkg about the hunting stories recently from both BTK and WW2269 and wondering what I was ever thinking allowing my talents and knowledge to be mixed in that gene pool. VERY DISIPOINTED in myself.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:34 PM

Default Rummy!

Rummulis just found out you are indirectly tie into our gene pool, how disapointing. O well, welcome to the family

Last edited by BTK; 09-03-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:27 PM

Look boys, I dont really aprechiate the heckling! We all miss, but in the end who brought the bacon home. You cant eat horns, but in the end that was the most elusive fork horn ive ever killed. After wipping the milk of his chin and taking the tender meet off of his soft bones i felt like i was a real man, feeding my family and all. BTK, eat you thumb. Rumulis get out there.
Just for fun. Good times.