Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 03-12-2011, 09:21 PM

Default Pro shop cost questions

I need to get some work done on my bow but I don't have a shop near to me so it will be a road trip. Also' I'm not familiar with what a reasonable charge would be for the following services.

1) Changing strings/cable on my Hoyt ( Labour only as I have new strings etc.)
2) Tying in a new peep
3) General tune and set up.

If I could get a ball park for what these sevices generally cost that would really help

Thanks
Old 03-13-2011, 12:20 AM

Default bows

Don't go to trophy book its cheaper to get my cummins worked on. Any other shop shouldn't be to bad usually around 150 with new cables and strings supplied through the shop.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:08 AM

Not sure where you are, but I now drive 3.5hr to Jodi-lee in Lloydminster. By far the best service I have had.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural.born.fawn.killer View Post
Don't go to trophy book its cheaper to get my cummins worked on. Any other shop shouldn't be to bad usually around 150 with new cables and strings supplied through the shop.
X2 $85 An hour is absolutely crazy. Thats about what I charge to run my welding truck at the mill and only a little less than I charge for oilfield work, like hell I'm going to pay that to get a bow worked on.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by double gun View Post
Not sure where you are, but I now drive 3.5hr to Jodi-lee in Lloydminster. By far the best service I have had.
You should look up Rene in lac la biche. I have a friend living in Athabasca who goes there for his stuff. He started out as an instructor and as the need for ordering eqipment for his students grew, so did his inventory. Now he is in the top five for over all sales of Hoyt in western Canada, and sells Mathews bowtech and pse as well. Plus he takes trade-ins and sells second hand bows for those who want a top end used bow for a fraction of the cost of a new one.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:14 PM

Dont know where you live, but whitetail ridge & archery in debolt, Donny is very good with the bows & cheap. You realy got to watch who works on your bows, there is so many bad ones out there. Jim at pipestone is good too.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
You should look up Rene in lac la biche. I have a friend living in Athabasca who goes there for his stuff. He started out as an instructor and as the need for ordering eqipment for his students grew, so did his inventory. Now he is in the top five for over all sales of Hoyt in western Canada, and sells Mathews bowtech and pse as well. Plus he takes trade-ins and sells second hand bows for those who want a top end used bow for a fraction of the cost of a new one.
Is there any sort of website or info on Rene?
Old 03-13-2011, 06:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBF View Post
Is there any sort of website or info on Rene?
I never asked him about it, I usually just go out and see him. His number is 1 (780) 623-2228. Call him and ask, he's a super nice guy.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:20 PM

I took my bow to Sherwood park archery last night to tune it up and they were awesome adjusted my string, tuned my bow, let me use the shooting lane all for free. Did not buy the bow there or string. I did buy a new release. Thanks Guys