Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-01-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
Yessir, there too. The funny thing is if you look back historically in Canada you will find out that many young ladies were married and having babies by that age...... It's amazing how civilized we have become and now we feel it necessary to impose our morals on others....
You dont have to look to far to see youg girls still having babies today.Nothing new,happened before and will continue to happen.Not that big a deal.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseelk View Post
You dont have to look to far to see youg girls still having babies today.Nothing new,happened before and will continue to happen.Not that big a deal.
Big difference between years ago girls having babies when young and todays girls having babies young is the fact that the ones years ago are still married to the babies father, and the ones today don't even know who the father is.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:36 AM

Things were what they were Now there are what they are

Steve In GP

Old 01-01-2014, 11:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgoodguy View Post
Things were what they were Now there are what they are
Wow. What insight.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:40 AM

Not insight just plain and simple truth is all

Steve In GP

Old 01-01-2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwm1273 View Post
Big difference between years ago girls having babies when young and todays girls having babies young is the fact that the ones years ago are still married to the babies father, and the ones today don't even know who the father is.
I only ever knew one knocked up young lady that got married, and perhaps a dozen that either had an abortion, gave the baby up for adoption...or struggled on as a single mom. Usually kids don't marry kids eh?
Old 01-01-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
That is the simple truth. What have we done to our youth, and how do we change it?
We have created a system which rewards participation in life , not excelling.Excel and have it taken to given to a participant

Parents that believe that they need to be friends,not parents and teachers.
Easier to do something yourself then teach it to ones child on and on ......

The collective has taken the place of the parent, nice results huh?
Old 01-01-2014, 11:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
I only ever knew one knocked up young lady that got married, and perhaps a dozen that either had an abortion, gave the baby up for adoption...or struggled on as a single mom. Usually kids don't marry kids eh?
I suppose it depends on the generation we are talking about.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Again because they did not have to reap what was sown
They ones I knew got married and made a life for themselves , ideal no ,but life the way it was meant to happen
Old 01-01-2014, 12:00 PM

Keeping in mind that a lot of 'the good old days' were also sugar-coated by keeping lots of skeletons in the closet. There were lots of teen pregnancies and many were kept under wraps by having the girl going away for a while for the more visible portion of the pregnancy prior to their surrendering the baby for adoption. I have a cousin who was adopted under circumstances along these lines and so does my step-father.

I've done repair work in buildings for charitable foundations who were housing teen moms & their babies to help them finish school & get jobs, etc.

Heck, 140 years before the internet people were getting spouses through newspaper ads and settling in the new world. The harsh realities of surviving had a way of maturing people back then.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
That is the simple truth. What have we done to our youth, and how do we change it?
What we have done to our youth is allow them to be young. No need to be married off and popping out kids at 15 or 16 to populate the farm with slave labor any more. Besides people live past 40 now.
Sit back
Pour yourself a tea

Watch us "sportsmen" attack each other and destroy ourselves from within.

From road hunters vs "real hunters" to bowhunters vs rifle hunters, long bows and recurves vs compound user to bow vs crossbow to white hunters vs Native hunters etc etc etc

Enjoy the easy ride, anti hunters. Strange to me why we seem to be doing your job for you.

Excuse me while I go puke.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Oatey View Post
What we have done to our youth is allow them to be young. No need to be married off and popping out kids at 15 or 16 to populate the farm with slave labor any more. Besides people live past 40 now.
That may be the case, but we still are not really raising our kids, nor holding them accountable for their actions. As another poster mentioned, many parent's can't even get their kids to clean their rooms at 16.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Yup thats it, so they don't need to be responsible for their actions
So they have to live in the basement till they are 35 plus

Funny the parents of THAT guy never needed to be young till they were 45

Note : not inferring that your that guy, just that you are defending the problem.
Something that many of my kids friends parents do , then wonder why they have no motivation to leave the basement.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Ya but the people supporting 16 year olds getting married are also teaching their daughters to be subordinate. So it really doesn't matter if she marries at 16,26 or 36. She is never really going to have an adult role in the marriage anyway.

To be fair, how many of there marriages are surviving because she has no option? They could never support themselves and likely aren't allowed to leave anyway?

I really don't think it is that rosy.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunfighter View Post
Yup thats it, so they don't need to be responsible for their actions
So they have to live in the basement till they are 35 plus

Funny the parents of THAT guy never needed to be young till they were 45

Note : not inferring that your that guy, just that you are defending the problem.
Something that many of my kids friends parents do , then wonder why they have no motivation to leave the basement.
Here is where the joke comes in. The parents of today are the ones complaining about the kids being lazy. Guess who the problem is?

Every generation is thought to be the lesser of the previous. I don't see it that way. But then again I am raising my children with my wife. Both of us are involved.

I am not condoning them being lazy or not responsible for their actions. What I am supportive of them being is kids past the age of 14 for petes sake. No 14 or 15yr old is mature enough to start a family. There is no need today.

Take off the rose coloured glasses of the past. The past was not that good. Like Penn Jillette says. The 2 truths in the world is things are always getting better and people think they are always getting worse.

I have said this before and believe it.
Sit back
Pour yourself a tea

Watch us "sportsmen" attack each other and destroy ourselves from within.

From road hunters vs "real hunters" to bowhunters vs rifle hunters, long bows and recurves vs compound user to bow vs crossbow to white hunters vs Native hunters etc etc etc

Enjoy the easy ride, anti hunters. Strange to me why we seem to be doing your job for you.

Excuse me while I go puke.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riden View Post
Ya but the people supporting 16 year olds getting married are also teaching their daughters to be subordinate. So it really doesn't matter if she marries at 16,26 or 36. She is never really going to have an adult role in the marriage anyway.

To be fair, how many of there marriages are surviving because she has no option? They could never support themselves and likely aren't allowed to leave anyway?

I just cringe when I see stuff like this....marriage as a power struggle, guaranteed a woman that lives with that mindset will die a spinster or be married to an emasculated man.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:19 PM

Quote:
AND that is why Canadian birth rates are dropping and we are importing workers to provide our slave labour.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:49 PM

While I didn't have any interest in getting married at 16 both of my wife's grandma's were married at 16. Both of those marriages lasted and produced a number of good kids (5 and 6) they were both successes. Nowadays I would cringe seeing 16 year olds getting married, most are simply so far behind the "growing up curve" that their grand parents were that I would place a very low chance of them being together in a couple of years. Using Phil and Kay's age as an example how many 16 year old girls do you know that could run the house and take care of a kid? how many 20 year old Men do you know would be able to go out and provide for a family and help out at home? There are a few for sure but they are not all that plentiful. That being said nowadays we are pushing the age of marriage back too far IMHO and this is having a significant impact on our culture as we don't have enough kids anymore to even maintain our population. I hope and pray that our culture changes soon to encourage kids to grow up at a younger age because the model we have now of encouraging kids to NEVER grow up has been disastrous.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Yessir, there too. The funny thing is if you look back historically in Canada you will find out that many young ladies were married and having babies by that age...... It's amazing how civilized we have become and now we feel it necessary to impose our morals on others....
But then, people were lucky to live past their fourties. Romeo and Juliette, one example. One culture's Child bride is just another's case of Child molestation.

Grizz

Last edited by Grizzly Adams; 01-01-2014 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:56 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Wink

Todays kids wont get married, have sex at 16 because they are too tied down to their smart phones...and if they ever hooked up there would be this distant stare as they both search for an app to download in order to have sex!
Old 01-01-2014, 03:20 PM
Banned

Some of the posters have travelled worldwide.

Is this 16 year old thing common in a lot of other cultures?

Just asking.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
Some of the posters have travelled worldwide.

Is this 16 year old thing common in a lot of other cultures?

Just asking.

Sexual maturity in sharia law is typically understood to mean puberty.[10] {Quote from Wikipedia}

Considering some girls are reaching puberty at 8 or 9, these days, says a lot.

Grizz
Old 01-01-2014, 05:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Sexual maturity in sharia law is typically understood to mean puberty.[10] {Quote from Wikipedia}

Considering some girls are reaching puberty at 8 or 9, these days, says a lot.

Grizz
That is disgusting.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:53 PM

I dont see the problem of lowering the age of consent to 13-14 (thats when most teens start to become sexually active anyway, and lowering age of consent would get rid of many statutory rape charges that involved no rape whatsoever), and lowering the marrying age to 15 or so.

Raising the age of consent is bull****, because it wont really stop people from banging each other in every way possible, and only put people in jail that dont belong there in the first place.

As for the marrying age.... I dont see how being married at a very young age is beneficial in our society where you are not considered an adult until 18 (21 in some places like the US), but if a couple is hellbent on making it official with a marriage contract, why not let them? I dont see the harm anyway.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Data Overmind View Post
I dont see the problem of lowering the age of consent to 13-14 (thats when most teens start to become sexually active anyway, and lowering age of consent would get rid of many statutory rape charges that involved no rape whatsoever), and lowering the marrying age to 15 or so.

Raising the age of consent is bull****, because it wont really stop people from banging each other in every way possible, and only put people in jail that dont belong there in the first place.

As for the marrying age.... I dont see how being married at a very young age is beneficial in our society where you are not considered an adult until 18 (21 in some places like the US), but if a couple is hellbent on making it official with a marriage contract, why not let them? I dont see the harm anyway
Do you hunt or fish?
Old 01-01-2014, 06:26 PM
Gone Hunting

We have a runner. Someone contact quality control.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 01-01-2014, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco View Post
Parts of BC, Utah and Arizona?
Caroline, Spruceview, Drayton Valley
Old 01-01-2014, 06:41 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Data Overmind View Post

Are you for real???!!!???
Move to Thailand and fit in with the rest of the freaks. Stay away from my daughter or you'll have a size 12 somewhere you don't want it...
Old 01-01-2014, 10:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by riden View Post

I don't agree with that feminist crap trap. You can, but I won't.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Here is where the joke comes in. The parents of today are the ones complaining about the kids being lazy. Guess who the problem is?

Every generation is thought to be the lesser of the previous. I don't see it that way. But then again I am raising my children with my wife. Both of us are involved.

I am not condoning them being lazy or not responsible for their actions. What I am supportive of them being is kids past the age of 14 for petes sake. No 14 or 15yr old is mature enough to start a family. There is no need today.

Take off the rose coloured glasses of the past. The past was not that good. Like Penn Jillette says. The 2 truths in the world is things are always getting better and people think they are always getting worse.

I have said this before and believe it.
Your lucky to be able to still raise your children with your wife. Lots of people lose that ability, and then get forced to dance on eggshells because the kids then play off the parent's fear of each other.

Divorce has changed how parents get to parent.