Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 04-04-2010, 12:12 PM

Default Bass Pro.

So I am going to bass pro for the... Let me count... 1 millionth time. So I was wondering has anyone bought arrows from Bass Pro. My brother in law did and his friend did and both had troubles with them. They all broke the knocks were all loose and stuff. just lots of troubles. Has anyone else had this problem from bass pro. I am thinking of buying them but I dont want to if they are just gonna break. Thanks
Old 04-04-2010, 12:28 PM

well, if your heading to bass pro for the "millionth" time, im guessing you live in or around calgary? but if you live in or around calgary im sure there is a few archery shops in or around calgary. instead of going to Bass pro to pay some guy who probably doesnt know what he's doing (no offence), go to a real archery shop and pay them to do a quality job. just my opinion
Old 04-04-2010, 03:13 PM

Default Go to an archery shop!!

Spend the extra time to drive to an archery shop and get the supplies you need and you won't be dissapointed. Bass pro is a great store but if you are buying something to get a bargain unless you have researched it you may be wasting your money.
Old 04-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakoman View Post
Spend the extra time to drive to an archery shop and get the supplies you need and you won't be dissapointed. Bass pro is a great store but if you are buying something to get a bargain unless you have researched it you may be wasting your money.
im guessing you are referring to the redhead line of arrows? the shafts are a decent enough quality for the price, but they are fletched with just about the weakest vanes made. and they are glued with a very weak adhesive. count on refletching within the first week. they are also just a wee bit oversized from the standard which means that the common nocks including lumenocks dont fit. if you factor in the cost of refletching, you can step up to a little better quality of arrow. both jimbows and the calgary archery center are good on their prices and they have knowledgable staff.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:40 PM

I am just getting into archery but if you are coming to Calgary anyways, do yourself a favor and drive a little further than BPS and like others have said go to Jimbows, about 15 minutes further than bass pro. Or even better go to Calgary Archery Center and get Craig to set you up with with some arrows that will be what you want. Why mess around with arrows a couple people you know have had trouble with to save a couple buck??

Isnt there somewhere in Red Deer worth going to for arrows?
Old 04-04-2010, 08:26 PM

Go to Calgary Archery center and take your bow with you, they check everything out and give you some pointers. They will double check your arrow length also.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:28 PM

Default Bass Prio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
im guessing you are referring to the redhead line of arrows? the shafts are a decent enough quality for the price, but they are fletched with just about the weakest vanes made. and they are glued with a very weak adhesive. count on refletching within the first week. they are also just a wee bit oversized from the standard which means that the common nocks including lumenocks dont fit. if you factor in the cost of refletching, you can step up to a little better quality of arrow. both jimbows and the calgary archery center are good on their prices and they have knowledgable staff.

Nope not talking about the redhead ones. We had carbon express and stuff. But I will deffinantly go to a archery shop. I just wanted to hear nyour 2 cents, But I live in red deer. And yes Jim-Bows is damm good! I bought half a dozen arrows there in september last year and I still got some because they are just good quality and Everything! He is a great guy
Old 04-07-2010, 10:24 AM

I had some redheads that were manufactured by carbon express. I found them to be a less reliable version of the other carbon express arrows I've used. You get what you pay for. They split easily, nocks were always loose and I think the amount of carbon in them meant my luminocks never worked. No problems with the vanes (blazers) coming loose. I did have success hunting with them however. Like everyone else says, go out and support the little guy. They have more variety as well.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:33 PM

Bass Pro will be getting in Victory arrows sometime this year also, from what I have been told by Victory.

They are a very good reliable arrow and pretty reasonable in price
Old 04-07-2010, 08:30 PM

Carbon Express aren't any good now? Oh boy
Old 04-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Banned

carbon express, like any other company, has different levels of quality going into their product lines. they make high end stuff and they make low end stuff.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:14 AM

No need to tell me, but the way it's put in this thread, they're trash and that's just not true.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:17 AM

Manufacturers of all kinds of products have different quality versions of their merchandise to offer and many manufacture products for other dealers. If you buy the anything on the cheap end, you should expect less quality. Don't fool yourself that you found an amazing deal. I rely on good Carbon Express to hunt with and use cheap Redheads to goof around.