Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-04-2024, 01:11 PM

I like the swaro, zeiss as well the bushnell 4200 . Most of mine are 9 or10 but sometimes wish I cud crank up to a 15 or so

I do wish they were all illuminated reticle's though. Why it's not more in demand or used , I don't know.
Old 04-06-2024, 11:45 AM

May I recommend the Apex Hunter 3-15x44?

https://apexoptics.co/hunter3-15/

Made in Japan, Calgary-based company, lifetime warranty, killer features and top-tier glass. I'll put our glass up against anything else out there, even Swaro and Zeiss (their made in Germany glass, not their China offerings).

MRAD locking exposed turrets (launching a partnership will Ballistix.ca for custom ballistic range/dial/shoot turrets next week or two).

I'm the owner, full disclosure, but we stand behind our products and will take care of our customers if there's ever an issue. I'll tell you that our return rate or product failure rate is somewhere in the <1% range, and our customers hardly ever have to send anything back for warranty exchange. There's a reason why we make all of our scopes in Japan, we don't make any scopes in China or Phillipines, etc. It's a conscious choice.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, or ask them here, I'll do my best to answer them.
Old 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envitro View Post
May I recommend the Apex Hunter 3-15x44?

https://apexoptics.co/hunter3-15/

Made in Japan, Calgary-based company, lifetime warranty, killer features and top-tier glass. I'll put our glass up against anything else out there, even Swaro and Zeiss (their made in Germany glass, not their China offerings).

MRAD locking exposed turrets (launching a partnership will Ballistix.ca for custom ballistic range/dial/shoot turrets next week or two).

I'm the owner, full disclosure, but we stand behind our products and will take care of our customers if there's ever an issue. I'll tell you that our return rate or product failure rate is somewhere in the <1% range, and our customers hardly ever have to send anything back for warranty exchange. There's a reason why we make all of our scopes in Japan, we don't make any scopes in China or Phillipines, etc. It's a conscious choice.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, or ask them here, I'll do my best to answer them.
Do you sell Fclass match scopes as well?
1/8 MOA, to around 60X, second focal plane?
Cat
Old 04-06-2024, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Cat
I looked on the website and could only see 4-32x, 1-10x and 3-15x. All in FFP by the looks.
Old 04-09-2024, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Cat
Not yet, but we have some very cool stuff in the works, and one will be for our F-Class friends!
Old 04-09-2024, 09:00 AM

A Zeiss V4 Conquest 4 x 16 x 44 is a real good hunting scope. The extra magnification when you need it never hurts.
Old 04-09-2024, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackleyman View Post
A Zeiss V4 Conquest 4 x 16 x 44 is a real good hunting scope. The extra magnification when you need it never hurts.
This is the scope I have on my 22-250. Great glass. It may be my favourite scope, however coyotes don’t like it.
Old 04-09-2024, 01:57 PM

For big game I don’t like adjusting parallax or dialing for elevation. So 2-10,3-9 power. The new 2-10 4500 bushnell works good.
Old 04-16-2024, 12:14 AM

I know 2 guys this past fall who had to send their vipers in for repair. Trust me nothing wrecks a hunt like a scope that craps out and I wouldn’t put my trust in a vortex unless you step up to their razor line.

The 6.5 is to high in my opinion also, 2.5 to 3 on the low end and there’s some great options out there.
Leupold VX5HD 3-15
Trijicon credo 2.5-15
Nightforce NXS 2.5-10

Good luck in your search

Tags
ammo, gun, hunting, optic, scope