Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-04-2012, 05:12 PM

Default Gun Case

Just wondering what everyone uses for gun cases when traveling on hunts? Need some suggestions for a good, airline approved, fairly light rifle case. Thanks
Old 07-04-2012, 05:41 PM

http://www.pelicancasesforless.com/p...long-case.aspx

I think I payed $200 (not on sale) @ Wholesale Sports, or Caleba's
Old 07-04-2012, 06:18 PM

Pelican
Old 07-04-2012, 06:59 PM

I've always heard Pelican was a great product. Last fall my friend flew out of NB for a hunt & when he got his gun case… a wheel on the bottom was broken & the handle was completely missing. The case did it's job though…the gun was unscathed. Personally, I use Vanguard, A little bit cheaper and built just as tough if not tougher than the Pelican IMO. Got mine a wholesale Edm a few years ago.

http://www.vanguardworld.com/index.p...t-2-17-78.html

Either way I don't think you can go wrong with either brand. Both great products.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:51 PM

I was at Bass pro and checked out the Pelican case, lloks preety decent for the money. I asked this question last week and another case that was pointed out was Tuff Pack it looks really good.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:39 PM

Default Pelican

Pelican all the way. I think the rifle case I bought was around $300 but it's indestructible and well worth the money.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:30 AM

Thanks guys, they look pretty good. Next questions is if 2 friends are going togethor can we buy a double gun case and put both rifles in it? Or does each gun owner have to have there own case? We will be togethor at all times and all the same flights.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:32 AM
sheephunter

TuffPack is the only way to go if you are flying with guns. I'm not sure I could count all the flights mine has been on without a single issue or a rifle losing zero. Plus you can pack it full of other stuff to help avoid extra baggage charges. There should be no issue with two guns from different owners in the same case. I wouldn't make a big deal of pointing it out at the check in counter though.

Last edited by sheephunter; 07-05-2012 at 12:37 AM.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
TuffPack is the only way to go if you are flying with guns. I'm not sure I could count all the flights mine has been on without a single issue or a rifle losing zero. Plus you can pack it full of other stuff to help avoid extra baggage charges. There should be no issue with two guns from different owners in the same case. I wouldn't make a big deal of pointing it out at the check in counter though.
Where could I purchase the Tuffpack case.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
I chose the TuffPak over the others and have no regrets. As Sheeps states, it's the only way to go.

Bobby B.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:07 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H View Post
Where could I purchase the Tuffpack case.
I ordered mine directly from them.