Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-29-2022, 01:10 PM
Banned

Post Police chiefs urge Ottawa not to rely on forces to oversee gun buyback program

Police chiefs urge Ottawa not to rely on forces to oversee gun buyback program

Canadian police chiefs are urging the federal government not to rely on resource-strapped police forces to carry out a planned gun buyback.

Regina Police Chief Evan Bray, appearing at a House of Commons committee on behalf of the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police, says the buyback will be an administrative process involving a massive amount of work.

Bray told MPs that police are already overstretched and lack the resources to administer the buyback program.

https://globalnews.ca/news/9231421/c...yback-program/
Old 10-29-2022, 01:50 PM

Default People want

to be governed not ruled.
Old 10-29-2022, 03:04 PM

Given the staffing shortages as a result of federal and provincial criminal catch and release initiatives (RCMP tied up in reoffender paperwork and all), seems like a great opportunity for our military. They (military) have all the necessary, prerequisites for door crashing and rounding up hooligans, and non law abiding Canadians, which everyone knows are law abiding gun owners. I mean if China and other authoritarian regimes can do it why not Sparkly Sox and whatshisname Mendicino, mini Billy. After all this IS about public safety…. Nothing more. And if they are knockin on the door to remove the “military grade weapon” may as well take the handguns too…. See now there is efficiency! Yaaaas the military has the capacity as most larger centres have infrastructure to store these dangerous weapons and well who knows maybe as they are “Military Grade” they could be sent overseas….. Sparkly and mini Billy would be most certainly helping the NATO cause by shipping them to Europe.

The only shortcoming is if the Military would actually execute…. Most retired military folks I know understand the need to have Canadians armed.
J

Last edited by JCart; 10-29-2022 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-29-2022, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCart View Post
Given the staffing shortages as a result of federal and provincial criminal catch and release initiatives (RCMP tied up in reoffender paperwork and all), seems like a great opportunity for our military. They (military) have all the necessary, prerequisites for door crashing and rounding up hooligans, and non law abiding Canadians, which everyone knows are law abiding gun owners. I mean if China and other authoritarian regimes can do it why not Sparkly Sox and whatshisname Mendicino, mini Billy. After all this IS about public safety…. Nothing more. And if they are knockin on the door to remove the “military grade weapon” may as well take the handguns too…. See now there is efficiency! Yaaaas the military has the capacity as most larger centres have infrastructure to store these dangerous weapons and well who knows maybe as they are “Military Grade” they could be sent overseas….. Sparkly and mini Billy would be most certainly helping the NATO cause by shipping them to Europe.

The only shortcoming is if the Military would actually execute…. Most retired military folks I know understand the need to have Canadians armed.
J
Interestingly enough on day 11 of the emergencies act hearing text messages from Lucki showed that she considered calling in members of the military to wear RCMP uniforms and act as unarmed cops against the freedom convoy. No link but I read this on True North on instagram
Old 10-30-2022, 11:43 AM

Jcart, what a wonderful post of such great 'Wisdom" You should run for public office and get some brains into the system of Guberment in Canada.
PS You also qualify for a pension after 4 years even if you do not know your a$% from a hole in the ground like those presently in Ottawa.
Old 10-30-2022, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
Jcart, what a wonderful post of such great 'Wisdom" You should run for public office and get some brains into the system of Guberment in Canada.
PS You also qualify for a pension after 4 years even if you do not know your a$% from a hole in the ground like those presently in Ottawa.
You know Big Grey Wolf, there are lots of intelligent politicians in Canada, seems as though (for now), the Woke crowd and other special interest groups have the Feds ear, some provinces and lotsa the general population. Many major industries have never taken the Woke, enviro groups too seriously as they were arrogant knowing that resource extraction in Canada are the economic drivers. I’d say the Woke, enviros have done a great job, via media, universities, politicians and the pendulum has swung too far. Least for me and we have key weak Bull **** politicians, more worried about their pensions, getting re-elected and to do so must appease the Woke, Enviro, special interest groups. I’m hopeful the Fed Conservatives can initiate the pendulum to change directions.

Clearly, firearms legislation is to rid law abiding Canadians of firearms under the auspices of “Public Safety”. The catch and release mandates put in play by the Feds and provinces, is I feel a means to overwhelm the system(s), to create fear, (by general public) and aid in crashing our historic systems of laws. The (tried) implementation of emergency act laws, brought on by the trucking convoy was an an attempt by Sparkly and mini Billy to enact greater control on Canadians… clearly.

I’m hopeful the pendulum is starting to swing the other way… in the meantime load more booolits horde more components… mahahahaaa
Cheers