Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-11-2020, 04:01 PM
Banned

Default Social distancing

I just came back from a bike ride through Elk island park.. Packed from wall to wall. The Astotin parking lot, Boat launch, Beaver pond and other parking areas are completely packed with cars. I saw no masks being worn and social distancing is a joke.. I had intended to take my wife into the park, but with the packed conditions, we'll wait.
Old 07-11-2020, 04:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper View Post
I just came back from a bike ride through Elk island park.. Packed from wall to wall. The Astotin parking lot, Boat launch, Beaver pond and other parking areas are completely packed with cars. I saw no masks being worn and social distancing is a joke.. I had intended to take my wife into the park, but with the packed conditions, we'll wait.
Yeah, I don't get it. With all the reports coming out of the U.S. states that have ignored social distancing and now are seeing huge upticks in Covid cases they just don't get it.
For me it's easy...I don't really like most of humanity and have no problem keeping the 6' away
Old 07-11-2020, 04:06 PM

We are not going anywhere. Banff and Canmore are crazy busy with little or no social distancing or masks. We are going to wait until the dumb ones in the herd cull themselves.
Old 07-11-2020, 04:07 PM

Between the Chinese flu and rain, people are going stir crazy. Doesn't surprise me in the least. I have never seen so many walkers at 6 30 Am like I do now. Part of it might be that the gyms are closed, but most people I see are my age, 55-65, not sure these would be gym people.

We are a gregarious lot.

Thomas Sowell
Old 07-11-2020, 04:10 PM
Banned

I think The cook is spot on.. We'll wait until the idiots have cleared themselves from humanity.
Old 07-11-2020, 04:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cook View Post
We are not going anywhere. Banff and Canmore are crazy busy with little or no social distancing or masks. We are going to wait until the dumb ones in the herd cull themselves.
Spot on! lets wait..
Old 07-11-2020, 04:13 PM

Quote:
I was in Banff and Lake Louise a couple of weeks ago, everyone seemed cautious, sanitizing at every store and entry limits. Canmore on the other hand,

Grizz
Old 07-11-2020, 04:17 PM

here too, womens golf tournament going on, 4 to a cart . hope at least a couple have immunity

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 07-11-2020, 04:21 PM

If you are waiting for the dumb people to cull themselves it might be a long wait. They are everywhere!
Old 07-11-2020, 04:31 PM

We took a tour of a couple of campsites in the St Paul area to see what we would be facing if we pulled the trailer in for a week. The Ross Lake site had all beaches packed -- no social distancing, lots of family and young guy / girl groups. Hope it works out for them.

Due to past cardiac issues we need to continue to remain careful -- so 6ft.
Old 07-11-2020, 05:11 PM

Just got home from a Legion graveside service, went down Lakeshore Drive there's got to be 60,000 people at Sylvan today .... didn't see many social distancing, will be interesting to see what happens in 1-2 weeks.

D.

Old 07-11-2020, 05:17 PM

Quote:

The sad part is the dumb ones in the herd are going to cull others not so much themselves.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 07-11-2020, 05:26 PM

Waterton is a complete zoo, I would not recommend heading down here.
Old 07-11-2020, 05:28 PM
Banned

Went out to the mountains and everywhere you go it’s an absolute zoo!
Old 07-11-2020, 05:45 PM
Banned

It was in the news today...the uptick in Covid cases in the U.S. that started a couple weeks ago are now turning into an uptick in deaths...and not all 80 year olds.
Old 07-11-2020, 05:55 PM

You don't have to go to the parks to see that, a friend and I have Truck coffee in the parking lot at Sobey's, the parking lot beside that is Walmart and it's packed every day, nobody wearing masks and I'm sure inside there is no social distancing, I can't say for sure as I have not been in Walmart in months but watching the people coming and going I can imagine what the inside looks like.

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 07-11-2020, 06:24 PM

People are either forgetting or unaware that Cv19 really impacts a person if they have underlying health issues. Not all people see a doctor on a regular basis and are not up to speed on their full health condition. A CDC article had the highest underlying health issues resulting in death from Cv19 infection as tumor (cancer), COPD, kidney failure, liver issues, cardiovascular -- hypertension, cardiomyopathy and autoimmune suppersion.

Some of these like hypertrophic cardiomyopathy affect all age groups and are an unknown underlying cause of sudden death. The estimate is 1 in 500 with this disease and the majority of people having it are aware until something happens. Players dropping on the ice, soccer fields, basketball courts or reports of young people going to bed and not waking up are all examples of not knowing.

Other stats for exposures in Canada - COPD 7%, Diabetes 7.3%, Hypertension 19%

The significant medical issues that Cv19 preys on to make recovery more difficult is not limited to people over 80. People in the older age groups do not have as strong an immune system as that naturally starts to fade as you go over the age of 70 +/- so they are at a high risk.

Exposure to Cv19 comes with big risks for many that they are not aware of or prepared for.

Also reports are now stating that recovery from Cv19 may come with damaged lungs or organs leading to issues down the road.

I am not being a fear guy --- just saying people need to be aware and take the precautions that they feel most comfortable with. My comfort zone is social distance, limited exposure to group situations and watching closely for sick people around me.

Last edited by 2 Tollers; 07-11-2020 at 06:31 PM.
Old 07-11-2020, 06:55 PM
Banned

Maybe we finally found a cure for stupid!
Old 07-11-2020, 07:02 PM

Quote:
X2 - Canmore was insane today. Thankfully I only had to go to Safeway and it was quiet with 75% of people wearing masks. Glad we live in 3 Sisters away from the hordes...
Old 07-11-2020, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Between the Chinese flu and rain, people are going stir crazy. Doesn't surprise me in the least. I have never seen so many walkers at 6 30 Am like I do now. Part of it might be that the gyms are closed, but most people I see are my age, 55-65, not sure these would be gym people.

We are a gregarious lot.
Many gyms have been open for three weeks. At my gym, people have been very good about social distancing.
Old 07-11-2020, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RZR View Post
Maybe we finally found a cure for stupid!
I am on-board if the stupid ones do not plug up the health care system.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:19 PM

I get it. Some (most) people hate being cooped up or being told what to do.
Most people I talk to, don't even think about it anymore.
Today , we just had the biggest spike in COVID in two months. Only 76 cases but no one is getting tested.
People just expect the government to take care of them. I guess us being outdoor people, we take care of ourselves.
I really don't care. Live and let live. I social distance and carry a mask but don't use it unless close to people. I don't think we will get as bad as the states but we are going to be economically ruined if our government doesn't stop all the spending for covid.
This is the perfect communist weapon to destroy the democratic west.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:21 PM

Can't hide under your bed forever.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:44 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
Can't hide under your bed forever.
...or your cottage...
Old 07-11-2020, 08:55 PM

If society is too much for you go hide in your closet for maybe 2-3years when there is a vaccine if a vaccine is even possible. Masks and hazmat suits are not mandatory either but you are welcome to wear both. Most who catch Covid19 will continue to recover and those with health issues will still be at a greater risk of not surviving

Welcome to the new normal hide and hope it goes away or wash your hands, don’t lick door knobs or strangers and live life

It’s your life make your choice if you don’t like what others are doing maybe take your own advice social distance and go elsewhere
Old 07-11-2020, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
If society is too much for you go hide in your closet for maybe 2-3years when there is a vaccine if a
vaccine is even possible. Masks and hazmat suits are not mandatory either but you are welcome to
wear both. Most who catch Covid19 will continue to recover and those with health issues will still
be at a greater risk of not surviving.

Welcome to the new normal hide and hope it goes away or wash your hands, don’t lick door knobs
or strangers and live life

It’s your life make your choice if you don’t like what others are doing
maybe take your own advice social distance and go elsewhere
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dyw3M8bU0AAPnrg.jpg (92.8 KB, 207 views)
Old 07-11-2020, 09:20 PM

I don't live in the city.

Let er rip.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Many gyms have been open for three weeks. At my gym, people have been very good about social distancing.
True here too. Was there again today...maybe 20 people? I love it.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:00 PM

It’s everywhere, I haven’t seen things this busy in my lifetime. I have talked to business owners that said they can even keep up over the past few weeks. I had some Plumbing done, the plumber thought this summer was going to be dead now he has four more new houses on the go. I have no idea where the money is coming from. Most campgrounds are packed beyond capacity.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1978 View Post
It’s everywhere, I haven’t seen things this busy in my lifetime. I have talked to business owners that said they can even keep up over the past few weeks. I had some Plumbing done, the plumber thought this summer was going to be dead now he has four more new houses on the go. I have no idea where the money is coming from. Most campgrounds are packed beyond capacity.
Loads of 'free' loot floating about falsely propping up the economy.